Register now to get rid of these ads!

39 lincoln zephyr custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bainbridge, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Bainbridge

Bainbridge
    from Illinois

I believe this is a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr kit car maybe? Im not sure. i was thinking there was a company that made them but I couldn't find it so, any pictures information would be appreciated

this was at pigeon forge years ago

[​IMG]

2. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

I'm at work right now, so I can't view the pic. There's a company called Deco Rides (http://www.decorides.com/) that build a series of 1939 Zephyrs. Hope that helps.

Attached Files:

3. Weasel

Weasel

If it's a Lincoln Zephyr it's not a kit car. If it's a kit car it's not a Lincoln Zephyr.

4. T-Bone

T-Bone

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth

5. DanCollins

DanCollins

I believe the original (purple one) started as a real steel Zephyr that they customized using a honda windshield or something, from which they cast fiberglass molds and sold them to people with bad taste.....

6. Flop

Flop

can you make that pic a little red x please euuuugh

7. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

EXACTLY !!

8. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Yep, I agree!

9. Bainbridge

Bainbridge
    from Illinois

Ok so i know the difference between a kit car and a "real car" I was more getting at the style of which the car was based off of, anyways it seems that few like this car is this because it is fiberglass repo or just not a fan of the styling?

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This gets the MEGA WTF?

11. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I don't usually piss on peoples tastes, good or bad, but that is the ugliest piece of shit I've seen in a while.

12. its an abortion of an otherwise beautiful car ....real steel is still the real deal man!

13. diggers4life

diggers4life

I hope to god that's a kit car. If someone actually did that to a real '39 Zephyr, they should be punished severely.

14. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I believe the guy that started the deco cars name was Terry Cook. The first one was steal that they made the mold off of. It wasn't too bad but was still alittle over chopped. TP

15. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Terry Cook (aka Deco Rides) commissioned the original "Scrape" sometime around 2000, and it was built from real Lincoln steel. That's the car in post #2, and I think it was one of the most remarkable customs of the last 20 years (It does look kinda funny when it's jacked up to driving height).

Terry saw an opportunity to make a buck, so he offered glass copies of his original car. Dunno how many of them he sold, but I've seen 5 or 6 in various colors and styles. The one shown in the original post is kind of a mixed message in FedEx color scheme with flames and hood scoop, but I don't get what all the hollering is about. Terry's was good looking; most of the repops are less so.

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

that is one POS passing itself off as a zephyr,looks like some clown threw up on it. if thats a real zephyr the prick should be hunted down...damn shame

17. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Is he the guy (Terry CooK)who does the Lead East show? I am not 100% sure

18. Same guy, Same website

Terry Cook, President, Appleton Productions, Long Valley, NJ
    Appleton Productions
    PO Box G
    Long Valley, NJ 07853
    (908) 876-9100
    [email protected]

http://www.delahayeusa.com/terrycook.html

19. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Weasel said it best, It's not that people don't like the style of the car or kit cars in general. Some guys just get screwed up in which direction to go. If you lost the paint, the wheels, the blown motor stickin out the hood, and the flames it would have been a kool car. If he would have done everything he did to a 69 Chevelle it would have been a kool car. Get it??

20. skooch

skooch

IMO the top on these cars don't look right. If you go to their website (http://www.decorides.com/) they have a convertible option that looks surprisingly good. Someone with style, taste and some restraint could probably make a beautiful cruiser out of it.