Register now to get rid of these ads!

my sons flamed casket, RIP JOSH

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratster, Mar 3, 2008.

1. BBobb

BBobb

Well spoken...with no doubt!!!!!

2. ratster

ratster

thank you all.

it was very hard for me to post pictures of it. my son loved the cars and his music.

3. You did what any parent would of done && I'm sure Josh is smiling ear to ear knowing you honored him in this way....joe

4. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

he drove a ford, but he will be buried in the cadillac of caskets... my condolences for the loss :(

5. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I hope to be as awesome a dad to my daughter, as you were to your son. Bravo my friend. RIP Josh.

Doc.

6. bigken

bigken

Ratster, can't imagine going down the road you've been down. But by the stories and the pics, you did a good job with your son. That's all any of us could ask. Condolences...................my Josh be tearin' up the pavement in Heaven.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We aren't supposed to have to bury our kids. When I lost my son 19 years ago his grandmother had his truck etched on his head stone along with the the mountain we see from the house. Two things he loved that will be with him always.

8. teddyp

teddyp

sorry for you loss

9. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100&#37;" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by ratster [​IMG]
    its what he wanted
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I totally agree with what you did. Can't imagine how it would feel to lose a child. I salute you for your strength, and am sorry for your loss. I know he will always be in your thoughts and prayers.

10. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've no idea how you've been able to cope with what the last few years have thrown at you. They say the Lord won't allow you to be burdened with more than you can withstand, and I believe that. With that as a given you must be a really strong individual and my prayers go out for you to be able to carry on after the impact of your recent events have taken their toll. May the Lord bless you.

Frank

12. BenW455

BenW455

Thanks for sharing. Sorry for your loss.

13. atch

atch

rich,

photobucket is blocked by our firewall here at work so i can't see the pictures here. but i've subscribed to this thread so i can find it when i get home and see the pix.

sounds awesome.

sometimes life's just not fair. if i were in your position i'm sure i wouldn't have handled your losses nearly as well as you have. you have all the respect i have to give, man.

14. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Very cool to see people come together for support at a time like that. Good job guys.

15. Gator

Gator

That's cool Ratster, I know you miss him.

16. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

I don't know you but you have my respect and condolences. We(my wife and I) have lettered two caskets for friends in the last couple of years and we were honored to do them.

17. 8flat

8flat

Coolest casket I've ever seen... you guys should be proud. Sorry about your loss.

18. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

man that`s a cool last ride :(
    sorry again about the loss of your son . hang in there ....
    it`s not exposta be in that order . it`s hard enough the other way around . :eek: hope to meet you someday Ratster .

19. Big Tony

Big Tony

Very kool resting place for what had to be one hell of a young man. Condolences to you, your family and friends.

20. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

God speed to ya ,maybe he's flaming the clouds now !

21. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Sorry for your lost - God's strength to you and your family.

22. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

absolutely perfectly said.......

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

rich, your still in my familys prayers and shall remain so.... thats a very cool send off you gave your son!
    GOD SPEED JOSH!

24. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Ratster,I didn't know your son,but by judging what he drove,must have been a cool kid.You raised him right.Deeply sorry for your loss.Just remember,every day it gets a little easier.God speed Josh,God speed.

25. Really sorry about your son. Sounds like he was a cool cat! It's too bad that the coolest thing you probably did for him,he didn't get to see! Well...I'm sure he saw it somehow,if you believe in that kinda stuff.
    You're a great dad in my book!!!!

26. 48reo

48reo

I hope my son grows up to be as cool as yours.

27. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

will there be any donations at the Billetproof show? I know some of you guys are going down there - if so - please stop by before the show gets going and we might try to arrange something....

28. Wow Rich, I was really hoping you would post some pics of it some bay. I was heart sick when I read that sticky that day and I broke down when I realized I'd missed his funeral by two day's. I cried like a baby when I read about his last ride. I guess I don't really know you guy's that well but I have kept you and your family in my thought's and prayers ever since I heard. It shows what a great bunch of guy's the Greazy's really are that they pitched in and helped you give Josh such an awesome tribute. I'd like to echo the thought's of others who have expressed their respect and admiration. I meant what I said in the letter, you know how to reach me if you ever need anything.
    Troy

29. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Fitting tribute to a fine, young, fallen hot rodder. Thank you for sharing in a time of grief, you are what a "father" should be, proud of his son in a time of great loss. God speed in hot rod heaven....

30. chilimac

chilimac

I have lost a wife,can't imagine losing a child.You are still in my thoughts and prayers Rich.I hope you are doing well, don't forget to call if you need anything. Jeff