Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodby 41, good luck Harry!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopolds, Feb 5, 2007.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I really hated to see her go.
    But I knew I wouldn't get to her for another 5-10 years, or so (I have 3 other personal cars in front of her!)
    So she went back to where she belongs.
    Harry's dad owned and drove the car for many years. It had been chopped by a bunch of well known North Jersey Kustom guys. I heard that Harry Jr. even used it as a daily driver to go to school in! How cool is that!
    Anyway, it came time for Harry to sell it to go onto other projects, and my good friend Rusty had finished his 60's style 55 Chevy, and was looking for a car to do as a Kustom.
    So he bought the 41 Coupe, and we proceeded to fix'er up. The 283 was seized, so in went a 400 SBC, the 4 speed was shot, so a T350 went in, the rear was also locked up, so we put in a recently rebuilt rear out of a Camaro. The front end was very shaky, so we opted for a M2, with air bags. I rewired it, we cut down a 55 Plymouth dash, with new guages, and got it running again.
    Unfortunately Rusty passed away before he could complete it. Harry Sr. also had health problems, and also left us.
    The 41 sat, with all my best intentions of trying to finish it up in memory of Rusty. But customer projects, and my own line-up of cars made me realize I wouldn't get to the 41 for a long time.
    What better place for it to go, than to Harry Jr! he and his brother Chris picked it up on Sunday, and took it away, hopefully to be back on the road again soon. The car fired up after jump starting it, and sounded great. Up on the trailer to a new life!
    Good luck with it, Harry, and Chris! Couldn't be in better hands!

Attached Files:

2. Boy, I bet it was hard to let that one go, Chopolds! What beautiful lines. Glad to see her go to somebody that has a sentimental reason to get her on the road again. Hopefully it will be soon! E

3. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Hey Mark,Im sorry to see here go also ,but like you say with your workload you would never get to her.Later Mike

4. teddyp

teddyp

Hi Mark Best Move You Could Make I,m Sure Harry And Rusty Are Both Glad That The Car Is Back Home You Did A Good Thing:d

5. sololobo

sololobo

What a perfect story for a hotrod, back to the dude that drove it in high school. What I would give to have my 33-chevy or my 38 std ford tu-dr I drove to high school. The way cool 3-piece grille in a 41 has always been a fave of mine, neat-o chop job, just a sweet lookin hot rod. Best of luck with its new life-Sololobo

6. LowLincoln

LowLincoln
    from Granby, MA

looks like it would have been a great project but at least its going to a good home

7. HotRodHarry

HotRodHarry

Thanks again mark. We will soon be rackin up miles in her once again. I always said that she was my first love and it's great to have her back. Dad & Rusty are gonna be proud! :)

8. HotRodHarry

HotRodHarry

Oh I'll put up some progess pics very soon

9. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Hey Mark,its nice the two kids have their dad's old car back.After all,that was the car they were ridin in at the time of Harry's passing.

10. HotRodHarry

HotRodHarry

more pics coming soon. its been a long year!