Register now to get rid of these ads!

Immitation-the highest form of flattery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mandov123, Feb 28, 2008.

1. mandov123

mandov123

or should it be insult?

Is it just here in Vegas or does everyone seem to notice a tonload of imports painted in flat black???

2. Wowcars

Wowcars

Its not just Vegas. We had a call to the shop just yesterday to paint an 03 Navigator flat black.

3. sonim38

sonim38

wow...wow...im not sure what else to say...wow...:eek:

"std's come and go paula, but herpies last a lifetime"

4. repoguy

repoguy

Listen very carefully......

hear that?

....that's the sound of me not giving a shit.

5. Another reason might be Pro Skater Rob Dyrdek, who has a show on MTV drives a Flat Black SUV.He talks about it as bein "Murdered Out" as far as the flat black paint set up.The show is actually super funny~ Just a thought

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm not going to worry about it until they start painting thier wheels red....

7. If you are offended by the paint
    someone chooses for their car or truck,
    you've got big problems.

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

They have been painting their cars flat black for at least 3-4 years. I think sport compact car had a skunkworks civic hatchback with dark gold wheels and that was one of the first. Just another fad like everything else in this world. I Just ignore it because I wouldn't want anyone telling me what to do with my shit.

9. kopis

kopis

This has been going on for quite some time now. I have seen a few new cars around town with the same paint scheme.

10. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

when the import and Donk crowd starts to put wide whites on their rides then i would start worrying. nothing worse than a suede Escalade riding on 28's with white walls!!!

11. Mopar34

Mopar34

Haven't seen much of that around my way, but then the season hasn't yet started this year. Some cars wear flat black well, while others just look like shit.:eek:

12. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

13. love that show! Too funny.

14. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Cool so back in the 90's when I used to ride stunt bikes and we could buy flat black bikes from manufacturers like Haro and others we were just copying a style that had yet to be popular.

15. That, or flat black is just cheap and easy to maintain - you can buy a can for a buck at K-mart and touch up the paint and who can tell you just hit some other car in the lot?

16. Don't worry,White Wall "Dubs" are coming.

17. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

if im not mistanken, mercedez has either thought about or is coming out with a "flat" black paint scheme on one of their cars. i could be wrong.

18. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Not to hijack, and its way OT, but that show is about the only one on tv today that actually makes me laugh out loud.

19. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

In the "GULF sTATES " THERE IS A aRAB pRINCE WHO TOOK DELIVERY OF A ....rOLLS rOYCE PhANTOM PAINTED MATT BLACK...duh!!!!!!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p

20. I spontaniously farted while reading the first post

21. henryj429

henryj429

OK, so when will we see the first Accord in natural patina?

22. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ha Ha... I love that..
    Dave

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've only seen a few around here. It depends on what neighborhood you roll through, I guess. Just do what I do. Turn, look, laugh (make sure they see you), and go about your business. I carry a pipe wrench on my passenger seat, in case they don't have a madcap sense of humor like I do.

Now, what I REALLY have a good laugh at, are all the "pimps" sticking port holes and vents on the sides of their front fenders! Now THAT'S funny! I saw a guy who had stuck 'em on the DOOR of his fartbox! I damn near drove off the road, from laughing too hard. Sure wish I could come up with something that every idiot thought would look cool stuck on his car.

24. Scion has a color on their color chart called asphalt ..its flat black ...so even the car manufacturers are getting in the game....Paint shit flat black its still shit ! And its no closer to being cool then a fat guy in a speedo ! So who gives a shit ?

25. duke182

duke182

that 54 in your profile kicks ass. i have a chopped 53 myself.
    but i was wondering something. if you were born in 1977 who are you imitating?

26. rottenrod

rottenrod

you cant really have "wide whites" on 24 inch rims because those tires are only about 1 inch tall lol

27. rab71

rab71

I feel dumber just for reading any of this... What a huge waste of cyberspace... Somebody needs more to fill their time... The flat back imports and suv's has nothing to do with traditional hot rodding... Just walk up to one of those guys and ask him/her why, or even what they thinking traditional hot rodding is...

I garantee they will not have a clue...:rolleyes:

28. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

they have to be made from metal for that dont they? the one my daughter has is so flimsy she dropped her purse on the trunk and left one hell of a dent. and her purse isnt that heavy.

29. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hey, here's an idea. If it bothers you guys that much (hang on to your seats), paint your car with real, honest to goodness, shiny paint.

That'll show 'em....

30. Every morning on the way to work I pass an import pickup, not sure of make or year, but it has a `49 Ford front fenders and tail section, complete with the side spears and tail lights grafted on. The metal work looks good from what I can see of it in passing. I see he still hasnt figured out a hood for it yet. Yeah, it's flat black and very low...