Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats this 32 cabriolet worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragrcr50, Feb 28, 2008.

1. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I know Im not known for being real hard ass traditional even though im an old bastard, but i am going to sell this deal and need a real idea of what is worth, I dont need to give to anyone just an honest estimate would help for once, thanks guys n gals. sw :cool: it drives, needs synchros in the trans i think low and rev its a nail head dual fours 39 ford trans old all over it... :cool:

Attached Files:

2. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

As an unrestored cabriolet owner I would say honestly in the 15K-20K Range

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2004-12-02

3. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

It may need synchros in low and reverse,but if it's a Ford trans....... it never had any .:)
    Whats it worth/ I were in the market I would offer around 20K. Possibly go a lot higher if the seller were prepared to dicker. unrestored 32's as you know,go for 50K+ because the market rules and it's a Sellers market.

4. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

PS ,I am a old school type,but i draw the line at crap engineering standards ha ha as an example ; the relief in the chassis rail.
    [​IMG]

5. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

Is this the same car? It has seemed to switched owners alot in a year.

6. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

For todays money and what you have 15 grand would be a good starting bid on ebay and you might find it to bring more.

7. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Does this Rod power up as it is??

8. Rusty

Rusty

I passed it up for 13,500 two years ago

9. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

hmm down here I would walk to where it is, to own one that cheap.

10. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I have seen the car many times.

The price has gone up more everytime it reappears.

It was around 10 or so I think the first time I saw it and when I had a chance to buy it.

I passed on it because it will need so much work for what I want.

The fact that the cabro windshield was cut away killed it for me.

I think 15,000 tops on the car if somebody really wanted it, but in todays market I am betting somebody would pay more.

That car can be fixed, but it won't be easy and for most of the people willing to do it the price of the car has gotten out of hand...it has rust, it is welded to the frame, it has the posts cut off, and every inch of the car would need to be worked.

11. uncle buck

uncle buck

What is the deal with the windshield posts and frame?

12. 31whitey

31whitey

seen this car a few times myself

passed for around 13

just me though

13. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Yeah that is my thoughts to. If this were a Cabriolet wouldn't it have a fixed A pillars for the windshield and the doors would also have a fixed front pillar, right?

14. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Although I have noticed the doors do have a slot in them for a window so I guess that takes care of the doors But I am certian that the widshield has been altered .

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

Yep, He sold his truck to buy it and we drove down to get it . I would pass again. Sorry .

16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Come on - As I remember it you have bought and sold cars overs the years and is a hobbie of yours.

Mark it up from what you paid for it and start taking offers.

And yea - that car was posted for sale and sold on the HAMB a couple of years ago.

Still have the Straight axle Comet that I'ld like to have ?
    If so - PM me.

Thanks,

Cob
    Classifieds Moderator

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

It had to be 4 years ago when I seen it forsale( we my buddy Andy call me when I was out of town) and forget the price. It looked the same and thought were would I get the windsheild posts to fix it:D. I should have bought and kinda dig the car in a crazy way. Yes it's rough but still workable for a pretty rare and fugly car:eek: how much ?? good question??

18. 067chevy

067chevy

I think it would bring close to 20,000 on ebay but better hury things are getting tougher and the sales on ebay show it.

19. Didn't those AssMonkey guys have that thing on Ebay once?

JH

20. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks guys, A buddy of mine has it and wants 26 for it i thought 20 might stretch it but not staying on these things i wasnt sure. I am selleing some of his cars for him thanks again

21. I'd say it's worth 26K............ in about 5 years.

Good luck.

JH

22. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I watched it sell a little less than a year ago at the Pate Swap Meet for somewhere around 17-18k. I don't think I ever got an exact number....and I really can't see how it could have appreciated $8,000+ in less than a year, but stranger things have happened.

I wish it would have had a full set of four Streamlite wheels on it....then maybe I wouldn't need a another pair! :)

Fact of the matter is that it's a neat old car with a lot of character that comes from it being a hot rod for a long time....but as 'Merc' says, it's pretty crude and would need quite a bit of work to drive it regularly. 26k is a lot of money....if it was a roadster it might bring it pretty easy...but the fact that it's a cabriolet seemingly hurts it's value.

23. Definitely a cabriolet. Look at the area behind the doors and you can see the dropped relief in the top edge of the body for the top opening. Seems like everyone wanted a roadster in the late 40's so they chopped off the original windshield frame structure and welded up a stud to bolt on roadster windshield stantions. I have one that was done the same way, only more crudely. Here's a link to the story and pics of it:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87027

My guess for price on this one is 12-15K because the market has gone soft for a big project like this one, unless you wanted to leave it the way it is. I do remember seeing it for sale a few years ago too.

24. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

apparently you guys don't realize the potential of the cabriolet. this is one of the cars that inspired me to get one myself. car has been on the road more than 25 years now.
    [​IMG]
    as for the windshield posts, it's not as hard as you would think to fab up your own. my cabriolet had the posts cut off and it only took me a couple evenings to fab up a new one. didn't have the cab. windshield frame so I used a 32 closed frame.

Attached Files:

25. ig'nant

ig'nant

I too saw that one in person. I thought it was at last years goodguys next to Bass's stuff. Thought it had a 20+ price tag on it then. Lots of character, but yeah, it'd need a lot of love.

26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Probably worth the $26k to somebody. Put another $26k into it and you could still make a profit. Not worth it to me though.. it's pretty rough and rotten. You can have a lot of fun, today, with $26k.

27. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

WOW, 26k for a 1932 Cabriolet and a rough project too. I know about them 32 cabriolets too :D. I have had mine for many years and know of another too. It's just a bit more then the project but you can drive it coast to coast....

Attached Files:

28. Elrod

Elrod

Personally, being a Model A cabriolet and a roadster owner, I would think the cabriolet aspect would HELP it sell. Cabriolets are cool, a real convertible, not a coupe cut down, and roomier than a roadster. And I've seen pictures, and talked to old timers, and the cabriolet was the hot ticket for an open car hot rod.

BUTTTTT - This one ain't no cabriolet anymore now that they hacked the windshield off. That is what seems to be hurting the sale in my eyes. If it were a true unmessed with cabriolet, I think it would go. If it were a true, unmessed with roadster, I think it would go, but right now it's kind of like a butchered looking coupe.

Tell your buddy to fix the windshield, and then it might move better.

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

The very first Hot Rod I ever saw was this '32 Cabriolet in 1961. As a 10 year old I thought it was PERFECT! Chrysler Hemi, olive green paint, and slicks, and it sat low. Some time in the late 1980's I found this issue of How to Hop Up Your Engine and saw the 3 page feature on the car. Reality sucks, I often wonder if the car is still around.

Attached Files:

30. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

it's possible it's the same as the purple car that I posted the pic of. that one was built out of west springfield ma.