Register now to get rid of these ads!

Boyd passed away this morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R&C Lee, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoarder1212

hoarder1212

Thats terrible!! R.I.P. Boyd and Godspeed to the family.

2. tjm73

tjm73

sucky........ condolences to family and friends.

3. FuelFC

FuelFC

4. For the younger guys that only knew Boyd Coddington from his Discovery Channel days and the slicked up cars,,,,I found an old magazine from 1981 with a red 32 vicky that he built for Vern Luce.

The car got in my eyes,,,yeah,,the girl did too,but it sat right and looked like what it was,,,,,very nice vicky,,,,

He built a lotta cars that were nice resto-rod ,if you will,,,when he started out,,,?

[​IMG]

There has to be a lot more I just can't seem to find them.

Lets see a tribute in some of the nice cars he had a hand in building,,,please keep it respectful.HRP

5. Youngblood

Youngblood
    from Ada, Ohio

Sad news! godspeed Boyd.RIP.

6. superleggera

superleggera

I first met Boyd when he was a machinist at Disney and working evenings / weekends for another hot rod shop. He has definitely influenced a LOT of us in the industry over the past 30 years via employment, his professionalism, his work ethic, his promotion of what he built, making outside promoter deals to underwrite projects, finding customers for what he did build, bringing "designers" into the equation to "push the envelope" and most importantly being an "enthusiast" with a love for cars. Without him, I seriously doubt the industry (street rod and wheel) would have grown as much as it has the past 20 years -- a strong statement, but I believe that fact is very true. He wasn't perfect -- nobody is. But he did learn from his mistakes in life and business. @10 years ago when he lost all the weight and became "thin" -- it was due to serious health concerns and strong doctor recommendations. Hopefully wherever he is at now, he has a brightly colored Hawaiian shirt on, a hat on his head and rolling down the road in one smooth looking roadster painted Boyd Red with a set of billet's on it and a smile on his face...

R.I.P. Boyd Coddington -- thanks for the ride and the memories.

7. da-dirty-dova-lostn51

da-dirty-dova-lostn51
    from MEMFRICA

PRAYS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY! HE WAS MY IDLE. RIP! HES IN A BETTER PLACE THEN ALL OF US NOW! :mad:

8. godspeed to another rodding pioneer, condolences to the family and friends.

Drewfus

9. grouchy

grouchy

God's speed, Boyd. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

10. Rickdef17

Rickdef17

Dam. Sad to hear. He did what we all dream of, building sweet rides. :(

11. SARGE

SARGE

R.I.P.......What a loss condolences to the family........

12. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

13. rutterzrodz

rutterzrodz
    from Tennessee

Our prayers are with his family...Boyd's mark on the street rodding industry will not soon be forgotten....May he rest in peace.

14. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Jim, I know you're busy with your get-together this weekend, but if it can be done, someone out there needs to get something together to make this the funeral procession to end all processions.

Imagine that for a moment...

Vance

15. Outlaw Bender

Outlaw Bender

Personally i dont like his building style.
    But what the hell, he is or was a hotrodder ,and even an icon.
    I feel sorry for his family.
    R.I.P Mr Hawaii Shirt

16. sodas38

sodas38

Sorry I don't have any pics, but HRP you took that photo back in the early 80's didn't you? The shag carpet has given you away, surely noone has that on their floor yet today?

17. JamesG

JamesG

Goes to show, no matter how much money one has, we are all human.

RIP Boyd.

18. gooseta2

gooseta2

My boss ownes the Boydster II..first car designed by Foose when he worked for Boyd..Body is by Marcel.... Its a nice car...rides ok...couple things that are cobbled...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

That vickey inspired me to build one in about 1983. I didn't quite get through with it and sold it to a good friend that finished it . Boyd has inspired a lot of people over the years and built some really good looking cars that will become worth a lot more money now that he is gone. Just my $0.02 Thanks, BOBBY FORD

20. sodas38

sodas38

I love his Alumatub.

Attached Files:

21. We all loved to hate him, but he was quite the pioneer throughout the 80's. Someone brought up Cadzilla yesterday. Totally forgot about that. What a kick ass car that was. I fell in love with it when I was a kid ya know.

So long Boyd...

22. Lost1

Lost1

23. Oh yeah,,I'm a traditionalist,,even with my carpet,,,:D HRP

24. I remember when I first saw chazoom I thought that was one of the wildest cars ever. Not everyone liked him or agreed with his style but that is what makes us who we are....different, RIP Boyd

25. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

I posted this on the other thread, but I'll put it here as well since it's one of my favorite customs of all time.
    The infamous Cadzilla.

Attached Files:

26. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

a very big loss!
    R.I.P .... prayers to his family...thanks Boyd for being on my tv and the great entertainment over the years.

27. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Ditto!

28. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

One of my all time favorite cars was the beige 32 woody wagon. It was about 30 years ago (78 Columbus?) and it still is the most impressive woody for my tastes. I tried a Google search but I couldn't find it. The subtle changes really worked. I spent a couple of hours just studying the little things on that car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.