Register now to get rid of these ads!

married guys vent thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slepe67, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

I work till midnight and she gets up early. I get home go out and work until 130am . I get up at 9am and work in the shop until and get ready for work I can do this everyday mon-thurs. All day friday. Sat and sun we do stuff together. She doesn't care if I work on the truck. I really am blessed with a great wife.

2. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Marriage is like a 3 'ring' circus...

The engagement ring

The wedding ring

Then the suffer-ring!!

3. BlackMagicKustoms

BlackMagicKustoms
    from Denton,TX

I have kept all the car related project shit out of the new house garage and left all my work at the shop. It has made the wifey much more happy. And it helps that last year I moved the shop a little closer to home too. Been with my old lady for 15 years and married for 7 going on 8. Have 2 kids that are 11 and 4 going on 5. We all do car related stuff togeather but find that less car projects around the house is a god thing. Besides with all my toys at the shop then she doesn't get to walk out in the garage a nd catch me red handed bending over my 540 to test fit the 6-71 gmc. hee hee. I know this doesn't work for every one but has kept the financial questions of where did those motors and 10 cars come from and who's truck is that? oh well.....damn I love her sexy ass.

4. speed-kings

speed-kings

mr57, my hotrod looks like kitchen cabinets also.

5. James66g

James66g

I Feel you man I dated some crazy broads but I am pretty stoked now. I got my car back from paint and was in a mad thrash to get my interior back in for a weekend show my chick came home from workin all day and helped install dynamat for hours doin a way better job then me! She didnt waste a centemeter and did I mention she got the whole pack for me for my birthday? She helped hang and shimy the door panels in place and lay the carpet out even on her back out in the driveway late that night with me she cut her hand and wouldnt let me finish boltin "her side" of the bench seat in. Its all about the right chick man. My girl doesnt understand my obsession but she understands my supporting her school and work and whatever she wants and backs me in kind.

6. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I just got married last year for the 1st time (I'm 48) and it took that long to find one that accepts my hobby. I've been doing this for over 30 years and went through many women to find this one...
    My wife likes to got to swap meets and go out and work on the cars. Hell, she even has her own project she's working on (49' pickup). The big thing here is keep them informed and/or interested. There's always give and take (she has 2 kids from previous marriage, but both in late 20's) and you have to go to "Kid Parties" and the like or you'll never hear the end of it. That way you can work on your stuff and hear a minimal amt. of crap...

7. nrfleming

nrfleming

my gran-pappy summed it up for me "Dont worry, somebody's taking care of her."

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I resemble that remark ... :)

My Dad told me 40 plus years ago ... Do not marry the first girl who gives you some or a girl just because she has BIG HEADLIGHTS. If she is a BITCH when you are young, she will be a even bigger BITCH when she gets older. :( ... Some of the BEST ADVICE I was ever given

My wife and I were good friends before we ever got romantically involved. We already had trust in each other long before we got involved in the sex, lust and love thing. :D ... so our marriage was not based on all that ... It is based on trust. We have now been married 33 years. She goes to the car shows and events. She enjoys the cars and the people.

She has her own hobbies, yet allows me to enjoy mine.
    She wanted her own 32 ... and did not want to sell the 32 roadster to get her one ... so we are putting her together a little 32 coupe.

I am a lucky guy ... but I do work at it and try not to do real STUPID things ...

9. captainflight

captainflight

Happy wife, happy life!

10. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Like everyone here said it's about compromise. If your young and have kids it's about family time because I can tell you this, it goes by really fast and then they are gone. If you don't have kids get her involved too.

My last wife was a nightmare which is why she's gone. My wife and I now have two kids each ranging from 18 to 27 and grand kids. My Model A has been a work in progress for the last three years because things at home and with the family are first, period.

Now, she is great about cars, even got me headers for the flathead on valentines day but you gotta give too and she needs to understand it's give and take. Get this worked out and you'll be home free.

Cliff Ramsdell

11. I tell her the '50 Merc makes her butt look perky.

12. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

why not just say 'honey. on XXX day (pr night) I m gping to be working on the car next week- so lets schedule our time around it so I can get it done -to spend more time with you..."

Might work. My wife is probably the ONLY One out there who gets on me for NOT working on my own car...:eek:

13. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

Screw all of that noise! You have to lay all of this crap on the table with her, and don't just think that she will assume that she knows what your plans are. Let her know right up front what you plan to do for the weekend, and make sure you make a date with her once in a while to. Nobody gets into a relationship to be left lonely in the house.
    Women aren't all mean or stupid, but they seem to be big fans of communication.

14. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

"55 dollars on door hinges! OH MY GOD ALAN, how worthless... i want to get my car painted yellow"

... oh yeah... thats cheap :(

15. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

I knew I had finally found the right one when, while standing in line to get into a Social Distortion concert here in Chicago, she looked across the street at a chopped shoebox (and I mean chopped) and asked, "What kind of car is that?"

"A Ford Shoebox," I replied.

"I really like that. Is it chopped?"

"Yes. probably around 5" or so."

"Could you build me one like that, but with a little more chop? And a little raked to the front?"

I just about fell on my knee right there and asked her to marry me.

16. Deluxe

Deluxe

Sometimes I think to myself "Damn. Guys put themselves through all of this shit just for some occasional skin on skin."

Deluxe

17. Beats spanking the monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. bowtiejohnny

bowtiejohnny
    from Modesto

Absolutely brilliant advise from the HAMB. Take everything said here, use half of it. Look at your building schedule and double it, and look at your MARRIED family and love it. Because just like your passion for building, if you have a good family, you will be able to enjoy both of them for a very long time. Alot of hard work and patence goes into a good build and a great family.

good luck

19. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I tried a few out that I had to trade in for nicer models. This lady I'm now maried to spent our first winter together with a 327 engine under the kitchen table and never onced bitched about it:D. Probably was just happy to get in out of the cold:eek: I knew she was a keeper and married her 25 years ago. Life is nice if you get the rght one. Hell if not. Keep shopping!!

20. Plymouth

Plymouth

Only complaint I have is ... waiting for ups or priority mail... espectally on a Saturday ... sure as anything the day it comes (and you've been waiting !) thats the day you (she ) has other plans that need to get done... Best thing I do is DO the important things then head for the garage.. Otherwise the right relationship works if she has the same drive you have , wheather it is cars or house cleaning .. she should be just as excited to do somthing as you are ... then it works for both.

21. eightbanger

eightbanger

" All you care about is that car!"...I've heard it a hundred times. All you can do is buy flowers, take em to dinner and try to balance the time.

22. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I might sound like the odd man out but my wife Sara of 9yrs leaves me alone, lets me do whatever I want, never pressures me into doing anything and is in love with cars just as much. My rant is the complete opposite. I wish she had more time for me. Having 3 kids a 9, a 6, and a 2 plus running her own daycare dont leave much time for me. We try to make 8-10pm during the week just ours but sometimes it does not work out, we have a 2 yr old you know. It is awesome for carshows and Saturdays working on the car but eventually it starts to get lonely in the communication dept. It's not that we dont communicate, I just wish we had more time to do it. Cherish your nagging wives. Peace.

Chevnut

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and while you single guys are "shopping", if you find the right one you better not wait to long to tell her she's the right one. Nothing worse then losing the one you know in your heart was the right one for you.;)

24. i have found many "right ones" while shopping , and also few right nows

maybe that's why i'm 55 and never married

my theory on women is they are kinda like old hot rods.....when they are gone ,you miss them at first ...but when you bump into them a few years later, i'm glad they are parked in someone else's garage

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

When my wife and I met 38 years ago, she said she loved old cars and would love to have a garage full of them. I didn't base our relationship on that.
    I was thinking at the time, it was just another thing we both had in common.

We raise three kids. During that time we both worked our asses off saving for college and getting involved in every activity the kids did. Neither of us had much extra, nor did we want it. We were happy to see our kids grow up day by day, helping with homework 2-3 hours at day and coaching and getting invovled in parent support groups. We worked hard at trying to direct our kids in the right direction, although we also knew we were going to have to get lucky.

A few years ago, after paying off the remaining loans associated with helping 3 kids get through college, It was our turn.
    I did not have one single toy (car-motorcycle you name it) until I turned 45 yrs old. Its all about family. My wife is very supportive of my passion. Yes, she understands I am a compulsive obsessive and has to keep me in line. I understand that. I think my grandpa may have had the right idea.....

26. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

I never realized a opportunity to get with a Hot Rod chic until I started dating my last GF.

The "Hot Rod chic" wasnt a hot rod chic until I took her to her first drag race. She was just gonna ride along with me and my buddies just to be around me for the day. She said she just go and read a book and keep herself occupied while I was busy wrenchin, and talk to me when I wasnt busy. But, by the end of the day she was over handin out tools, gettin fuel, wiping down the car. She couldnt just sit there any more. I thought, this is awesome. Then I dumped her for some other stupid reason.

The last GF I had almost immediately said "I just don't get it". Warning flag!! She'd always slip in her little comments when I would be bench racin with my boys. The last straw was when she said "Just think how much money we'd have if we sold all your cars." BYE BYE

Wish I had the "Hot Rod Chic" back.......

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hinesight is 20/20 as they say. Don't let it eat at you though BECAUSE, just because she is a hot rod chic does not make her perfect for you. As you realized other thing have to mesh as well.

On the other hand, just because she is not a hot rod chic when you meet does not mean she can't turn into one. As we know not all females have the opportunity to view the hot rod world and get a glimpse of the hobby/lifestyle. You have to expose them slowly then you should be able to tell whether it's a for real interest or not.

Regards, Dr Denise:D

28. I need to send my wife to hang out with your for about a month. :D

29. That's what my Man did.............he got me involved! Now I have a hobby looking for parts too.......he's restoring a 65 C10 Chevy for me! If you can't beat 'em .......join 'em!!! Good old fashioned quality time!!!

30. slepe67

slepe67

sooooo many items to reply to that cracked me up....good stuff

hahah, not a setup...that's 32 posts in HERE...but then again, this is the only place I've been going to lately! Thanks for the replies...I figured I would get somebody to tell me to quit being a whiney ass bitch and work on the car....

as far as divorce and being single...no way, I was 32 when we got married, it was MY first...she's good stuff, never complains when I leave the seat up, forget to put fresh TP on the roller, leave me sox laying around. Honey-do are always taken care of. She is my best friend (hold me) and I'd like to keep her. Sometimes I'd like to choke her, but, I am sure the feeling is mutual...

she has always know I've been into cars and bikes. She just got hired after going to school for 4 years, so we never had any cash flow to speak of. Now that we do, I find it nice to have the money to be able to work on the car between deployments. It's been sitting as a stripped shell for 4 years, and now it's time to get to work. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it! Now, I'll quit being a pussy and get to work on my car! later JL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.