Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheel dollies- make or buy 'em?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jan 13, 2008.

1. I love my go-jacks.. push my 3/4 ton big block pick-up around with ease.. and if i need them elsewhere, i don't need to drag out the floor jack.. and i dig the purple color.. it go's with my hair...

2. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

I don't have any of them But a mate bought a set of 4 Go jacks off egay for $100..:) .Almost unused ,the PO had bought them to move his trailer boat around in an underground car park.
    looking at them I am sure I could make them with some cheap hydraulic jacks.

3. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

One other place I haven't seen mentioned to get the "cheap" dollies is from Chuck Homier. My dollies were super cheap and they have served me well. Granted it is much easier to move a Model A around than a Chevelle, but I have not had the "folding" and the "caster-breaking" issues that others have experienced. I was going to say that they were the cheapest of the cheap because mine were $29 a pair, but I just checked their website and they are now $49 a pair. Either way, you might check to see if they are coming your way somtime soon. - - - Oh, if you've never heard of them, they are the guys who show up in your town with a semi full of "Harbor Freight" types tools and consumables. They usually set up at a VFW or some other building with super cheap prices.

4. S.T.P.

S.T.P.

Go-Jacks are The repomans best friend I love them

5. I have had good luck w/the dollies from HF. 39 PLY. Truck body on a S10 chassis. Bob

6. GTS225

GTS225

I built my own, and learned the hard way NOT to use rubber/nylon/poly-coated wheels. Takes two men and a boy to get it to move, and "steering" is next to impossible. Changed over to iron/steel-wheeled casters and things are a dream, now.
    Just used a sheet steel plate, about 1/8", a length of 1/4" angle lengthwise and centered underneath, and two pieces of 1/4" angle for "tire stops" on the topside. Works great! I'll try to get a couple pics, if anybody's interested, and get them posted over the weekend.

Roger

7. The Tireskates are the best ones i've seen. There's a guy that sells some at LongBeach Swapmeet,that are pretty good too. But I don't know how much. I hear good things about the Go-jacks also.

8. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I LOVE IT !! Got to try that one for sure:)