Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who Here Likes Bumperette Taillights? I Sure Do!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodyKnuckles, Feb 16, 2008.

1. vein

vein

wow! I see what you mean looks like alot off work! maybe next winter project!

2. Marty did alot of work to get that look. That's a Shoebox,so the back end is verticle. He had to remove the stock tailight spears,then slant the ends. On your car the ends are already slanted. All you have to do is round off the tops. I know...sounds easy,LOL!

3. vein

vein

keep those bumper lights coming lets see, MORE!

4. if you do cap them off, I would extend them out a tad...otherwise the top would be even with the decklid...

5. Sailor

Sailor

Or how abot this:

Put new taillights in your existing bumperguards. Just lucite-bits pretty much like some of the cars postet futher up the thread, like that Choppers 36 coupe.

Get rid of the original taillights and chrome ring. Make a new ring which is similarlooking in profile and which is molded it into the rearquarter and painted like the car. Tunnel inn some mesh deeper than the taillights used to be. Find some really tiny, round light that looks cool. Use this as brakelight only. Important that its tunneled deep enough that the cars doesnt come of with 4 taillights. It could event be hidden under a small chromebullet so that in just lights up the chromed mesh.

6. Vein,
    thanks for the compliment. I've toyed with other bumper guards but couldn't get the exact look I was shooting for. BTW your rear looks plenty good (not in a gay way!). Not sure what I would do different to it.

BloodyKnuckles

7. Heres a few pics of my bumperette tailights;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These may be temporary as I plan on going with a different rear bumper. These should work for a while.

BloodyKnuckles

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

They're kinda klunky and huge, but they sort of fit too. Oddly cool, I would say.

9. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

You know when you posted this thread originally I looked and liked what I saw. I was just looking again and thinking that maybe if you took the bumperettes and lowered them further down the bumpers they might look even better. Trimmed the backs to fit down and in the bumper. Does that make sense?

Either way I like them. It's a seldom seen touch thats just odd enough to be cool.

10. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Take 60% off the depth of those bumperettes so they look the exact same from straight behind, but less bulky from the side- you'd have a sweet, sweet setup. Right now you just earn one sweet.

11. 'Mo

'Mo

I, for one, am interested in what you have planned. Might it also involve
    re-locating the license plate?

12. PurplePearl50

PurplePearl50
    from Sedalia,Mo

i dig em too...in the ol skool rodz a few issues ago the ones made in there by Brad Masterson are mine, for my 50. I made a set myself for my turn signals in the front i sectioned them the width of duct tape to keep them out of the grill.
    the lenses are not in the rear ones in the pics but they are now ill get some pictures when it gets back from glass...

id be interested in make some for you guys just pm me

Dane

Attached Files:

13. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

Hey Bob , you got any pics of yous while lit?

14. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

I love 'em. I love 'em! I love 'em..

15. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude - I'm liking them a lot ( they could be brighter, altho dim is a bit more trad), but what's up with all that chrome stuff still on the deck lid? That was always the first stuff to go - like, before the chop! vic

16. zapp69

zapp69

Pretty much what I was thinking

17. Guys,
    Thanks for the compliments. When I attached them it was a very quick job because I wasn't a 100% digging them but now I know why. I agree with shrinking them down a bit.
    I'll keep you posted.

BloodyKnuckles