Register now to get rid of these ads!

I wanna see the REAL daily drivers!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodHarry, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

2. tommy v

tommy v

3. The Shocker

The Shocker

I am famous for drivin'em daily (atleast in my own mind ).Dont you guys know that you are only suppose to drive hotrods on weekends .During the week you are suppose to drive a late model like everybody else .Hotrods are only used for car shows on sunny days ...

Attached Files:

4. Movinman

Movinman

5. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

bare frame build in 1991. driven pretty much daily since 78,000 miles on odometer.
    My wife used it during the winter months when we lived in Elko,NV.because it was too cold for her Nissan to start. Morniing temps around zero or below....many times had to through boiling water on the tires to un-freeze them from the ground. 1,000 lbs of concrete bags in the bed and she went right down them icy roads with no problem..

6. Low

Low

everywhere I go.
    [​IMG]

7. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Ok....you asked for it....here's mine:(

8. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

9. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

well heres mine

Attached Files:

• 222.jpg
      222.jpg
      File size:
      30.4 KB
      Views:
    • 389.jpg
      389.jpg
      File size:
      28.4 KB
      Views:
    • pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      25.3 KB
      Views:
  10. HotRodHarry

HotRodHarry

That's cool. I actually owned that car and sold it to Mike the guy you got it from. Money issues caused me to not get it to the point of driving. I got as far as puttin the motor and the mounts in.

11. HotRodHarry

HotRodHarry

I got it in november. there was a little work involved to get to be drivin. But its on the road everyday.:)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. HotRodHarry

HotRodHarry

This was my daily before the fairlane:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh and when the RATillac gave me grief:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The sportster was the everyday tranportation even in the rain for a while too:cool:

13. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

driven atleast 1-200 miles a week.

[​IMG]

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ra-zQZdlnRs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ra-zQZdlnRs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

</P>
    Nice car! That video put a smile on my face!

15. Conder

Conder

Everyday and a shop truck too!

Attached Files:

16. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

here's mine, although it has been off the road for the last eight weeks for paint:

[​IMG]

the original color is my avatar pic.

while its been off the road, i've been driving this:

[​IMG]

17. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

this is REAL!!!

Attached Files:

18. Guess you made it back from Lowes REALLY fast,LOL!!!

19. Which one do you ride? The one on the left,or the one on the right? LOL!!!! Just kidding Mark.

20. Where did you get your idea for the narrowed,57 Chevy front bumper? My neighbor,Marty Wells,did the same thing on his Shoebox.

[​IMG]

21. 56Sedan

56Sedan

Here's mine... has plenty of road rash, empty cig packs in the floorboard, and whatever other shit finds it's way in the car..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sometimes i'll drive this.. other than a modified banger motor it's stock..[​IMG]

22. VoodooBlade

VoodooBlade

Every Day

Attached Files:

23. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

This was my daily for about 1/2 of last year up till maybe November, but as my friends know I don't go far.

[​IMG]

Before that, this was my daily for years. Mostly with a flatty, then that blew and it sat in my parents driveway for a few years, got it back out w/ a new outlook...302/C4/9"..then ebayed it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im kinda partial to one kind of car :) My next daily I SHOULD be starting on soon, which will be a chopped 51 2 dr. I have a 77 Olds chassis/floors but the more I look at it the wide track width would annoy me...might stay on stock frame and just upgrade to power steering and brakes. Still way up in the air. Hopefully going to start on that soon! I dont care if it looks like dog crap, I just really wanna daily a Mercury again! :)

24. That's the spirit!!!

25. Mattilac

Mattilac

'64 F100 slammed and shaved. Its got its dings and dents. That's still the ORIGINAL paint by the way. It was stored in an old temp. controlled textiles mill for a very long time.

[​IMG]

26. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i was at the merc deuce reunion and i looked at a 50 merc that had one on it with the desoto grille and i thought it looked nice. so i did mine about 6 years ago after i bought the bumper for $20 at a swap meet with the brackets. i saw your buddies 51 in rod and custom and i thought he did a great job on it. it is not the easiest thing to do but since i had the merc grille opening in and the floater bar i needed something to fill in the voids.