Register now to get rid of these ads!

1963 Belair- Input Please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lonesome, Feb 10, 2008.

1. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I think painted steelies, blackwalls, and dog-dish hubcaps. Let the suspension sink a little, and go shopping for groceries. Neat old car.

2. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

3. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Nicely done ! Thinking something similar in terms of some appletons and lowering my falcon but with some wide whites.:cool:

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Knew a guy in high school (67'-69') who had a plain jane 63' Biscayne 4 dr, 230 six, 3peed overdrive ,he got from his grandparents. Was white with red interior. He built a 283 punched to 292 (.060 over), Borg Warner T-10 4 speed, 2 fours on a Chevrolet intake, and a few other goodies of the time. Car had 4.11's and was pretty quick. Had Cragars on it and Atlas Bucrons. I'd like to duplicate it, it really stuck in my mind. One of his "friends" ran it off the road ,and flipped it in a ditch; he really did'nt get hurt but the car was beyond repair. I wound up with the 292, minus the 2 fours, and it found it's way into my 56' Chevrolet 210 2 dr sedan in front of the Powerglide. Thanks for the memory. I say put Cragar SS wheels on it, blackwalls, NO lower than stock, but with a slight rake, and later on paint it a darker green.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome
    from Illinois

BomberSTL, Thats nice! How did you lower it? Thats the stance I'm looking for. That 62 is really nice too.