Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mn Hambers, A new Porkys location??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Jan 21, 2008.

2. i see on the calendar thats there is a monthly get to gether in austin texas..
    any HAMB'S from minn wanna try that around here ?

or do the pic a spot at the locals in progress cruise nites ..

i think we should have a poker run sometime ... just to see jeffs car out streching its legs")

3. briancustoms

briancustoms

I'm with Roothawg on this one. I just moved back to Minnesota from Virginia Beach. I can think of 6-7 Sonics within easy driving from my house there. About once a year I would try one to see if they started seasoning any of their food yet. They have the blandest food I have ever tasted, it all tasted the same whether it was the burger, chicken nuggets, onion rings or fries, it all tasted like one thing.
    On top of that, we tried having a regular weekly cruise-in at one and they were very uninterested. As if us being there would keep the usual 4-5 cars a night from showing up. We ended up having our cruise-in at a Bruester's ice cream parlor two doors down and would consistently have over 20 cars/trucks there and were so well received that the owner of the place would give us free stuff pretty regularly.

4. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Ok you guys First Happy Corners shut down about 10 years ago when Alice ( the owner died ) They actually had a live band in that place once, But due to my allergy to tobaco I have to avoid smoky bars - It hurts at the pile -up .

But is there enough interest for a get together Febuary 16th in the Champlian area ?? there is a cafe that some of us meet on the first sat of the month maybe they would allow us there. They also sponser cruise nights in the summer.

Lets here some thoughts - maybe we could make some summer plans as there seems to be a few HAMB members in the area.

Jim H
    or e-mail me with your thoughts : [email protected]

5. ssblake

ssblake

Hey Jalopy Jim,

I live in Champlin and would be interested in getting together with some Hambers February 16th or any time. At what cafe do you get together?

I have a '61 Mercury Monterey that I've been to the Saturday night Anoka cruise with several times.

6. KATFISH

KATFISH

Maybe if they add a second location, you can actually get in there during BTT50's

7. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

with 1000's of cars and...30 spots? not likely :p

8. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

a big amen to that!!

9. Happys Corner It Is Then The Owner Is Dead ?
    Sounds Just Right For All Of Us Somehow ..

Still Working On A List For A One Day.. Poker Run .. Mostly On The North Side Try Ing To Avoid Bar Type Places And Be More In The Quiet Spots .. Til The Whole Crew Shows Up !..
    But All Bars Are Now Smoke Free So J Jim You Can Be Part Of It If Ya Want..

A Poker Run Where The Cars Runnning Are Given Odd/ Even Directions Going In 2 Circles Or To Numbered Locals In A Specifc Order So We Can See The Cars Running at Us In Front - behind and All Pulling Into The Same Places Or Not.. I Know.. I Know ....i'm Working On It :)