Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rod & Kulture Buick All Done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zombie, Jan 23, 2008.

1. zombie

zombie

wow! thanks for all of the feedback. when i left for the gnrs i think there were 2 1/2 pages. ha ha. we drove through snow, pouring rain, and then hail, but we finally made it. we wound up getting 1st in the radical custom wagon class. i think there were only 2 of us in that class, but we'll take what we can get. thanks again for all of the kind words guys, and thanks again oz and kyle.

zombie

2. sergisbadass

sergisbadass
    from Dallas TX

that car makes me happy all over

3. I looked as close as I could get to that car! And love the shit out of it! The rear door where the roof comes in looks like a two door. The colors were great and the finish was amazing. Great job! Must be a rush driving it...

4. AMarshall

AMarshall

Not quite how I imagined breaking my long streak of lurking, but here goes anyway.

First, this car is amazing. When I first saw it a few months back I launched a search for a '57 century which literally ended Saturday when I made a deal and picked one up in southern CA. Of course it will probably never be as nice as this wagon, but it's a start.

Anyway, I happened to stumble on an ePay listing today (why can't I stop searching even after I've made a purchase - who knows) which appears to be for the Rod & Kulture Buick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buic...007QQitemZ170212274016QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. If this listing isn't a major scam, all I'd have to do is figure out how to bankroll another Buick purchase. In theory anyway. In reality I still have to sell my '52 Buick Super before I meet SWMBO's 'one car' rule.

Well, I hope that if the car is for sale it goes to someone who will appreciate the craftsmanship and hard work that went into it!

5. rodncustom

rodncustom

I may be WAY off but I imagine that it's six figures...

6. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

This is why I love wagons nice work.

7. movingviolation

movingviolation

That is one hot shagg'n wagon!

8. AMarshall

AMarshall

Yeah, I should have put "all" in sarcasm quotes above. I also forgot to mention the plan to sell all of my vital organs on the black market. That should cover it, right?

Still, it's nice to dream once in a while...

9. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

looks killer in the mag too

10. DRD57

DRD57

My sentiments exactly!

11. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Is this for sale on EEEEEEEEEEEEEBay?

12. Shoprag

Shoprag

follow the link above, fnjunk. I'm not really into show customs but oz can lay down the paint. It may have been mentioned already but zombie had a pic of Oz's tattoo on his leg (that was very nice by the way) that he showed me and I was like and??? after looking closely, it was a pic of his tattoo thru the reflection of the paint. If you think the pics are good u should def. see it in person. I can rant on and on about the paint, but until u see it in person you wouldn't believe that the pics of this car doesn't do it justice.

13. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great custom, beautiful craftsmanship...........

14. Vaya43

Vaya43

The work and detail on that car is incredible. In the pictures is the car all the way down or was that just the height for the pictures. I just worked on the suspension on a 1957 buick 4-door hard top thats why im curious.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well my Dad's looking for a wagon....and he does LOVE '56 Olds headlite bezels.:D

16. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

WOW. Shocked to see it for sale. How much $$ do these guys spend to have it built and how much do they expect to get for it?

Brian

17. SpadezTX13

SpadezTX13

Well, now I know how good my paint job will look once I get a chance to get it done.

18. T-Roy

T-Roy

I just came across the auction while surfing the "Bay". It'll obviously bring lotsa dough, but man, why sell it? That wagon's got to be the KooLest wagon ever built. I love that car.

Zombie, you must really be nuts...