Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 chevy question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NJRATRODER, Jan 23, 2008.

1. NJRATRODER

NJRATRODER
    from NJ

boss just got a 55 210 2 door :) rear axle is shoot :( i work at a junk yard so need 2 know what i could put in:confused: out of somthing i have if u can help that would be great thanks
    james

2. NJRATRODER

NJRATRODER
    from NJ

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nova or camaro rear

4. there is no direct bolt in other than 56, 56, 57. go to trifive.com and look in the driveline section for ideas

5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I have a 81 Camaro in mine. Falls straight on the perches but is 1 inch longer per side so wheel well room can be an issue. You'll need wheels with a 4 inch back space to work. Also 1st generation Camaro or Firebird is the correct length but then you have to move the perches. There are others as well including 9 in. Fords from Mustangs that are the right length but I don't remember the years. Good luck They are out there

6. I have one that I am considering swapping out. It is currently under my '30 chevy coupe. PM me if you're interested. Where in NJ are you? I have a IRS for another project that needs to come to MD, we could help each other out probably. Thanks

7. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

Dont know if your interested but I bought a direct bolt in 9" from a guy on ebay, drum to drum, center section excluded for $750.

8. Backtoflatheads

Backtoflatheads

Just fix the original. They're an EXCELLENT rear, if you simply select a few upgraded components.
    Here's under the 55 210 that I did for my brother.
    Aluminum head 468 BBC, all steel car.
    I replaced the posi unit with a spool, and the car ran 9.70 @ 140 MPH.

These rears work.

Attached Files:

9. NJRATRODER

NJRATRODER
    from NJ

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">thanks
    james
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Where'd you find a spool?
    -Brad