Register now to get rid of these ads!

where is the best place to buy chrome smoothies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tankwilson, Jan 22, 2008.

1. tankwilson

tankwilson

Looking for good qualitly chrome smoothies, not the ones that rust in a week. Lets see some pics of chromies with wide whites.

Thanks

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

3. Harris

Harris

Coker also sells them, and their an alliance vender.

4. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Oh yeah, he goes by "Wheelkid" here on the HAMB.....

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Didn't know Coker sold wheels. Guess I need to get out more...

I bet the Alliance Membership would pay for itself and then some.

6. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

From ME, I can help ya....PM ME

7. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I 2nd the vote on the WheelKid... I just got mine, but I don't have pics of them yet... but they looked great sitting on the garage floor... I should have them back in a day or 2, a buddy of mine is mounting and balancing the wide whites... I will post pics then...

8. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Yup, Coker is probably Wheel Vintiques largest distributor, also David Coker(Corky's bro) owns Newstalgia wheels and is Boyd's largest distributor. Coker also makes rims in-house for many brass era vehicles that are the wooden spoke type....

9. Don't forget H.A.M.B.er Bear Metal Kustoms, he took over Early Wheels.

10. I got my chrome smoothies from Stockton Wheels and there was rust after the first winter indoor storage between the rim and backplate...all 4 wheels.

11. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

12. MRK

MRK

My chrome OE style Ford rims from Wheel vintiques had chrome that was good from 20 feet! If you looked real close, it wasn't the best.
    Not "show" quality but fine for a driver!! My 'chero sits outside all year and they haven't rusted in the two plus years I've had 'em.
    They still polish up fine.
    My .02

13. JoeG

JoeG

I'll toss an endorsement for Wheelkid as well. Bought a set plus some cartoonish bullet centers for my Impala and could not have been happier with the transaction.

14. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

While we're on the topic, where can I get a good banana smoothie????

...oh...wheeels????....sorry :eek:

15. hudson_hawk

hudson_hawk

i second that. they were like $60 each w/ free shipping. coker wouldnt match price

16. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

17. Trent_A

Trent_A

I 3rd Summit good price.

18. 067chevy

067chevy

how about Jegs. I bought some from them good price and super fast shipping

19. Mopar34

Mopar34

You guys who bought from Summit, dd you get the smoothies made by US Wheel or the ones made by Crager? About the same price and both come with center moon covers.

20. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

Just got mine last week from rally america...I couldnt be happier they Shipped quick,The Chrome is perfect and they are even Balanced perfect!! Thats the number one thing you should watch out for!!!
    Alot of these wheels get welded together off balance!! Then when get your tires mounted and go to put them on your ride your screwed... Thanks Jimmy&rallyamerica

Attached Files:

21. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

After my recent HORRIBLE experience with a vendor most seem to love here(one listed in this thread), I am starting to think that the wheel business somehow seems to play on a different field than most businesses. Hard to understand how places stay in business doing the things that they do. 99% of the vendor rant threads here are bad experiences with different wheel companies. How does one small segment of the business have so many complaints??

Wheels that I was promised would be shipped out in 3 weeks were not even started 7 weeks later, when I called to check what's up, I was told that they couldn't even make the wheels that I ordered:confused: Zero communication from them EVER to let me know what's up, I was just left waiting for something that was never going to happen. Nice. Thanks for holding up my project with no intention of following through on the transaction. Sorry to rant, but I rally can't believe this happened still

I have heard that Bear Metal has been great to deal with from a couple Hamb'ers though

22. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

just ordered Crager smoothies from Jeg's. 62.00 each. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they hold up

23. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice... I am a little disappointed it took nineteen replys though.

24. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I picked up some stock Fords from Coker a while back. Great Alliance discount. Here are some nasty pics.

These are stockers and not smoothies.

Mike

Attached Files:

25. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

I am in the wheel business in a big way. MOST wheel companies are shady. With the recent increases in steel prices some cant afford the material to build the orders they take. With that said....The larger companies are more solid and better to deal with as they produce great volumes of steel wheels and components for the smaller companies. Their are two major players building steel wheels in the US. The first is Carlisle / Unique / Cragar - Same company. They build a ton of wheels, Cragar SS, Smoothies etc. The next is Allied Wheel and in my opinion they build the best stuff. Same products minus the SS and add the Supreme we all love.

Jegs and Summit are customers of these wheel companies so the product is good. Nearly any tire retailer has access to this stuff at about the same price as mail order. Sometimes it is easier to go local..

26. I just did the exact same thing. mine should be here tomorrow. i was going to with wheel vintiques at first, but they charge a lot for shipping and quoted delivery time to be two to three weeks. the cragar smoothies from jegs are a lot cheaper, had free shipping, and a delivery time of only 1 to 2 days.

27. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I have a 1 day turn around.... They ship either the same day or the next... You can check my prices and info at www.earlywheel.com I have containers full of the raw materials to build em...I do offer the HAMB discount.. Jason.

28. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I have a feeling that I ordered my wheels from the same place that you are ranting about... Don't know what all happened with your order, but my order was shipped out as soon as they were made. I did have to wait a few extra days as they were moving into their new shop. The wheels look great and Gary or Jimmy answered my questions each time I called asking about the wheels.

As far as I am concerned, I would order from them again... great product and customer service...

29. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Wheel Kid is a good guy.. I refer all calls for wheels that I don't make to them..I know they have had a lot on their plate with a move into a new shop.. They generally turn wheels around in a day or two also...Jason.