Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nasty Habit Willys coupe...Part 1. body graft.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Nice work!!!!!

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very cool build, Kev. I can't wait to see your next progress pics...
    Thanks!

Malcolm

3. wheew
    thank goodness you cannot spread your stuff out so that it is more then ten steps to anything you own.........

your garage/cars resemble my pil-o models from my youth .. thames ,ol willys ol fords ,mags , slicks, decals everywhere car mags,add glue(sniff) and spilled paint and its flashback city

4. flatoz

flatoz

60's gasser, hmmmm. love this one.

5. tinmann

tinmann

Looking at the way your A pillar cuts lined up, I'm thinking that laying out the cuts took longer than it takes for a cup of coffee to cool down. Very nicely done and stating the obvious, another very cool car comes back from the dead. Good job, Kev.

6. bonesy

bonesy

Wow - great work and a great looking car. I love it.

7. I had to splice the A pillars like that because the 37 doesn't have a drip rail and the 40 coupe body does. I was just going to cut straight through until I noticed that. Not sure what year they changed. I know the coupe body isn't a 41-42 because they had wipers below the windshield. I am using a 41 dash and the fiberglass front end is also 41, rectangular grill. 1940 grill is the 2 piece .

8. Thanks for sharing your work Kev. You are inspiration on a day when I need inspiring.

9. You Rule Kevin, Of course I have told you that before. Nice.

10. Thats just bichin! Great job Kev.

11. beatnik

beatnik

That's just flipping Great!

12. Hotrod F-1

Hotrod F-1
    from OK

Looks more like a good habit to me. :D Great work as usual. :cool:

13. Awesome job swapping bodies!

Sam.

14. First the wheel narrowing tech and now this!!!!! You better watch it or people are going to start thinking you are some kind of hot rod builder. As Alway nice job and keep us posted on this.

15. The Shocker

The Shocker

Man ,what a nice job on that swap.There are some real talented people on here lately ,and not just mail order catalog builders.You should be proud of that job .I have never seen anyone swap bodies that way ,but you make it look easy..

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Go Kev go......awesome.

17. nice work kev,cant wait to see it all done

18. ratster

ratster

19. jimdillon

jimdillon

Looking great Kev. I run into some of the pro street examples, really nice, but they don't seem to do it for me. Glad to see you go old school. Will be fun watching your build-Jim

20. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Kev, you are incredible, you make a body graft look easy as bolting on a license plate.

Fantastic work.

I know where another sedan is for sale (TX) and its front end has already been swapped for a fiberglass piece. I'd assume then that it's a '40 or 41.

21. I like the direction you are going with this one....as usual.

22. damn kev. thanks for making me feel like a chump. again. hahah that car is gonna rule.

23. Buddha5150

Buddha5150

:Dpretty kewl...like the garage too

24. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

kev you make it look to easy now you got me thinking:D

25. The sedan roof was kinda big for me to store full size so I cut it in half behind the front doors. I figure if I ever find the back panel from a pickup I will have enough pieces to build a cab with the old junky coupe cowl pieces and front doors from the sedan ( another stupid daydream that will never happen). I still have the front half of a boxed frame with springs and axle and another half a fiberglass front end so it 's not impossible. I split the back half of the sedan roof down the middle and I figure I'll hold onto it in case someone needs it to save a damaged coupe (same curvature) or sedan body. It will save the day for someone with a rolled body or one that was stored upside down and got rusty.

The body swap looks very simple in the pictures but believe me there are hours and hours invested. Not everything lined up like I expected but it was all very workable.

26. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

OK Kev my turn ..what ever happened to the fresh faced young kid in the smokey old austin...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    [​IMG]

27. Looks great Kevin!
    Awesome!
    Could we please get some pics to run in the magazine?
    Looking forward to catching up with you when you are over for the Blow Out

28. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I must say, you have a nasty habit of collecting all of the coolest shit on the face of the planet.

29. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Great job KiwiKev! That's badass!

30. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Great Garage and fine work, truly a craftsman.........Keep us posted