Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lookie what I bought at Barrett Jackson- Monster Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Section 8, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makes sense. He probably wouldn't look at a project for less than 50 or 60. In that light you got a bargain.

2. belair

belair

I think you were smart twice-you sold a kit car, (no matter how nice), and got a real one, a cool one to boot. That 64 horse power Porsche just woudn't do it for me. Oh yeah-you did another smart thing-you didn't but that goofy armored car. Congrats.

3. fuzzface

fuzzface

Rpu was $15,000 and the speedster was $27,000 if I remember correctly. Are the neighbors pissed yet.(Yea I saw your interview also). If your happy that is all that counts. I really liked your speedster. I don't think I could have parted with it. Steve

4. 39studebaker

39studebaker

i like the fact that you bought it to annoy the neighbors LOL

5. leadsled01

leadsled01

What are you going to do for a "title" so you can plate it and drive it?

6. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

i watched that deal last night as i will for the next several days and i am glad to see that you got rid of that and got a quality ride

dont worry though my wife dont understand either

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I get a kick out of how little the announcers know about cars.......those "monster" cars are real POS's.......all of 'em........

8. I can see where the wife sees it as a big step down. Did she drive the Speedster?

9. Looks like you paid 13 grand plus fees for a 3 grand pile of parts.
    As long as your happy:rolleyes:

10. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Great trade off, but ya might want to get the seat a little closer to the floor....

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

As long as your happy, I guess that's all that matters.:rolleyes: Spouses should have a say in my book though.

I LOVED the Porsche and would not have sold it to purchase the RPU, but that's just me.....I would have put a different motor in it though.:D

12. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

But in 60 years when they are featuring "The Cars of Monster Garage" at Pebble Beach you can make all the nay-sayers eat their sarcastic words! ;)

13. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the trucks cool!!!!!! It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks if your happy that's all that counts. I'm sorry that your wifes pissed but you earn your own money dont you??????:):)
    Gasser Girl

14. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I think your nuts.. 15 k ........ WTF... My wife and I watched you buy it and my wife thought you were fucking nuts :)

But . Its your money..
    Dave
    ps: ive got an unfinished glass 32 roadster that is drivable.. you got 55k laying around :)

15. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Wow, you must be a savvy shopper.

The next time I have a $3k budget to buy a new engine, trans, rear, frame, suspension, steering, brakes and radiator I hope you'll do the shopping for me!

The way I see it, is that it's $15,000 of parts and I got Jessie James to build it on TV for free.

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This one is getting a bit silly... and isn't really on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.