Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carb help...Rochester 1 bbl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cwatson1953, Jan 14, 2008.

1. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

so after rebuilding the stock carb(Rochester MonoJet) on my Chevy 292 and getting the beast to fire for the first time (exciting sh*t! i was smiling ear to ear!)

on the first start it did great. smooth idle, loud as f*ck!
    (no pipes yet:D)

the 2nd run that stupid POS auto choke(thermostatic spring) kept giving us problems.
    i'm not really fond of it to begin with, partially cause i don't know much about them and anyone that does says trash it.
    so i bought a Manual Choke Conversion that i'm putting on tonight, no big deal, easy fix...and i like manual chokes better anyways.

my questions is....with a manual choke do i need that Idle Stop Solenoid on there...or can i trash that as well?

any help or advice would be great!

thanks in advance
    Chris

2. Buford

Buford

I believe the idle solenoid was for air conditioned cars...it opened the throttle slightly to compensate for the ac compressor load. Frank

3. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Toss it. It isn't needed for your application.

4. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

I believe it's actually a fast idle solenoid, and should be there, A/C or not. My daily has it, and it's never had A/C.

5. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

You dont need the fast idle soliniod, for automatic cars, I would put on a holly singel carb on that 292, it has the ovel body, biger carb for the cubes, the monojet is the right size for the 250 inline....Roach.

6. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

yea, that is also kind of a temporary fix. this carb is in good shape and works....and since its what i got, its what i'm using 'till i have some extra cash for a better carb.
    thanks for the input.

Chris

7. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

cool, thats what i wanted to hear.
    thanks