Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 48-54 Chevy/GMC trucks! lets see em ALL!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Gravel Belly,

Why don't you find a similar truck in a junkyard, harvest its axle, and then send it off? When the axle comes back, you just switch it for your original. At least around here AD pickups are not uncommon wrecking yard finds.

-Dave

2. rottenrod

rottenrod

this is my truck the day i brought it home ill post more pics of some of the progress in another thread [​IMG][​IMG]

3. gravlbely

gravlbely

I actually cut the running boards and capped them just to do something different. But I think after I drop it another 4" or so, I'll put them back to full length. As far as the axle, I found one at CPP that I ordered. I'm trying to get it ready for a show in February, so I'm on limited time. Thanks though.

4. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I have several. These are my GMC Suburban, 1-ton Hydramatic GMC and my '54 Chevy.
    The Suburban is currently in daily driver mode the 1-ton is waiting for a motor swap and
    the Chevy is set to go on an S-10 frame this spring.

Attached Files:

5. mckustoms

mckustoms

Here's mine I just bought. If I yank a couple of leafs in the front. How much would it lower it? Anyone do this?
    [​IMG]

6. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Did you find that truck on Craigslist in Portland? I think I saw it there or maybe eBay?

Since the axle is under the springs simply removing a leaf lowers the truck the thickness of the leaf, plus reduces the amount of support the springs offer. It will come down if you remove leafs. However, these trucks swap a lot in corners already, and removing leafs reduces roll stiffness. You may find it scary in corners unless the swap bar is in place and working well.

7. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

A couple updated pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mckustoms

mckustoms

Actually I did get it on craigs list. Came from down your way. by chehalis. Traded for it last week and got it home just last night. Want to lower it without subframeing it for now.

9. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Great find. I love my Suburban and have a 1-ton panel also.

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

don't mean to hijack the thread but............ i have a 53, i'm a tall guy, 6'1 should i take the seat riser out? or what have you guys done about the seat, original is gone. also the gas tank, have most of you moved it,if so what did you use and where did you mount it. pics? any help will be appreciated. b.a.king:cool:

11. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

Snag a seat out of a 88+ Chev full size. The doors will touch the front corners off the seat....but not too bad. If the tank is out of the cab the seat can move way back. When I had my seat reupholsterd I just had them trim the front corners a little bit. Fits good and comfy.

12. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

Here's my '49 I purchased off of Ebay a few months back....Might end up selling her....which is too bad...the truck is complete.....just not enought time and $$ to do what I would like to with her!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Fireball Mezcal

Fireball Mezcal
    from Nebraska

Owned since 1993, Lots of new goodies going on this one soon.
    Great thread!

Attached Files:

14. texas56

texas56

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1955 1st series we are building.
    S10 chassis,Big Brakes,Air Ride, 650 hp Blown SBC under the hood,20s and 22s

15. steveo10

steveo10

i can't wait to start on my 52, but i have to finish and sell my 71 first.[​IMG]

16. Sleepy

Sleepy
    from Home Ks

Here's a picture of my 49
    [​IMG]
    This is my dad's truck
    [​IMG]

17. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I picked up this 51 a couple of weeks back. I'm so stoked, I have wanted one since I was a kid.

Attached Files:

18. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Just like the energizer bunny this thread just keeps going. And thats fine with me as I am a 47-54 AD truck fanatic.

Keep'em coming guys.:D

Attached Files:

19. steveo10

steveo10

i'm pretty sure i saw that sub. at goodguys last year. and i love it

20. 36tbird

36tbird

Here's a '54 Chevy project just outside San Antonio that needs a new home. That's a 454 sitting on Chassis Engineering engine mounts with a 700R4 case used to mount the CE trans mount. New inner and out cowls, Direct Sheetmetal firewall and floorboards, plus a 9" Ford rearend are included in this deal. Screams for a tilt one piece front end to replace the missing front sheetmetal, it was my intent to get one of those for it if I built it. PM me and come get it. Very reasonable price considering what I am offering. I just have too many projects ahead of it so it needs a new home. If you have a set of 16 X 8 Torque Thrusts 5X5 bolt pattern sitting around, I will take them on a partial trade 'cause that is what I'd probably buy for my '65 'burb if I sold this.

Attached Files:

21. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Here is my 49 Pick up , I wanted to build it but something else has caught my eye....So it's on the Market. If anybody is interested you can check it out in the Classifieds section of this site.

Attached Files:

• rs.JPG
      rs.JPG
      File size:
      76.8 KB
      Views:
  22. ronrob75

ronrob75

Its from the early 90's when I built it, but here is a pic of mine. 400 sbc and turbo350, Camaro rear and mustang II front. drove thehell out of it for a couple years before it went to a new owner

[​IMG]

23. kooscoe

kooscoe

Nice tread,
    Did not see any COE trucks do. So here is mine.
    1972 GMC 1/2T Chassis air ride buick 455.

Attached Files:

24. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Sweet COE Koos. Where in NL are you? I go to Belgium for work now and again and cut across NL on my way to Aachen and get around Antwerp when I can. I'd love to see this live! Still thinking of an overnight at Amsterdam when I fly out just to see all of the cool cars around there.

25. 46ChevyPU

46ChevyPU
    from Ohio

How bout a couple pics from the midwest......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

27. magoins

magoins

[​IMG]Here's my 49.[​IMG]

28. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

29. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

Here is my suburban. Extreme make over coming soon after I sell my 68 camaro.

Attached Files:

30. kooscoe

kooscoe

Hello Danimal,
    Thanks for the compliment. I live up north of the netherlands in A small place calt Oude Pekela. Jou are more than welkom to visit me.
    Wat do you do fore work over here?