Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old hot rod photo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace Brown, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Went with the little lady to an antique mall a few weeks ago and found this. It is approximately an 8X10 size photo, appears to be an "original", but the price tag was around 25 dollars so i declined buying it. But, i did snap this with my camera phone, explaining the glare on the right of the image. Just thought it was a great photo so here it is. Maybe someone knows something about them? Found it in Ravenna so it may have come from either Akron, Canton, Cleveland area.
    [​IMG]

2. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

3. Wesley

Wesley

That is a cool picture. I probably would have paid the $25 to take it home, you know what they say about a fool and his money.

4. TMoney

TMoney

I definitely would have paid the money. Cool Pic.

5. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

yeah, i'm thinking of going back to get it this weekend. hoping it's still there. maybe i'll talk 'em down. or just give them the 25. It is framed too...stupid me... i knew someone would say "should have bought it". damn you guys ;)

6. T-Roy

T-Roy

Should have bought it. :D

Definitely KooL...

7. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

8. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

yup, think I would have bought that in a heart beat

9. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Definitely a NorthEast pic in my opinion......Cape Cod style house....tall maple trees......a channel job on the coupe........fits in........funny that there's no license plates.....and it looks like there's about a 1950-1952 or so Woodie parked in front of the Deuce roadster.....

CB

10. I can't believe you stole that photo and I stole it from you

11. Talk with the peolpe at the antique mall. They can put you in touch with the owner. You can talk price and history with the owner. Who knows it could be the owners cars.

12. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

I'd of bought it in a minute, very cool. But like some of the other said talk to the people that accually own it to find out the particulars.

Unibodyguy

13. cool pic whats 25 bucks for a piece of history ...

14. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Was it in a booth that had a lot of photos in binders? Like all kinds of car photos from factory to racing? There used to be a guy in the Berlin antique mall that had a great selection of photos like that. He moved out of that mall and I have been looking for him ever since. He has many a penny of mine! :)
    There is nothing written on the picture on the back? I have found that usually pictures in antique malls come from auctions or garage sales. I think you should go back and buy it. If not, I will :D

15. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Worth a try but most likely the photo was from an estate sale and the photo belongs to a dealer. However, this could lead you to all those vintage hop up parts that were also in the sale:)

16. MBL

MBL

I agree..that totally looks like the northeast. I looks just like a street where I lived up on Long Island. Just like it.
    Tim
    MBL

17. Rusty

Rusty

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

not to mention the snow on the rooftops still! Guess there were some hardcore types back then too!:D

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Go back and buy it... I'll give ya $30 for it. :)

20. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Hey now, come on Ryan! I have things to do tonight other than race to an antique mall!:D

21. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

damn, i shouldn't have said it's location, if it's missing i'll know who went and got it ;) Ok ok, i give in, i'll go back and get it... It was in a frame, and i wasn't able to look at the back of it. As far as the houses go, i'm sure some of you NE ohio people will agree, that many sections of Cleveland, Akron and down through Canton looks much like this, especially the Parma area of Cleveland. my sister lives in a very similar styled neighborhood in Old Brooklyn (cleveland).

I collect all kinds of other useless crap and it's definitely out of character for me not to have bought it. One of those days i guess, wasn't thinking clearly. I'll see what i can find!!

Ryan, how's 40 sound :D

22. Dirty2

Dirty2

Cool pict !!

23. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Well....did ya get it? I am going to Akron tomorrow and if you aren't going to buy it I am going to stop by and pick it up :)

24. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Hey, did you get that picture?! i finally got back over there this morning and i'll be dipped it's GONE! you wouldn't have anything to do with that would you? :D