Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars you bought/saved in 2007???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 25, 2007.

1. martell06

martell06

If this kind of stuff is still getting crushed I think everyone on this board needs to leave their phone number with every scrap yard around!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. This is all I could manage in 2007, but I'm happy to have it

[​IMG]

3. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Picked me up a real cool 32 Ford 3 window. Just needs some assembly.

[​IMG]

4. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

I bought a '49 Ford Club Coupe back in May. Now it's down to a body and a frame.

I think I'm on the five-year plan.

Attached Files:

5. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

I love this car! If I didn't have a shoebox to occupy me, I'd buy it in a minute. I hope you get it on the road.

6. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I SOLD this one in November...

[​IMG]

So that I could by this one! This is the very first car I ever owned, and it's back now. Woo Hoo! It was my dad's car, but I did a decent amount of work on it, including a new trunk floor and dash resto.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I bought this one back in May, which now shows a lot of work I've completed on it.
    [​IMG]

7. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

All you could manage?!? That is a beautiful car!!

8. To some people they're just junk. Between two local you-pull-it yards right now, two '63 Catalinas are slowly dying - one a solid 4dr with a MINT interior, the other a Convertible.. and not split in two! The same yard that got the 4dr, believe it or not had a '66 GTO hidden in the employees only area. They sold it complete for $850 to a guy who deals in old car stuff.. it wasn't in bad shape, either. Thats why I keep buying cars -

9. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

I only bought 1 in 2007, but between starting the year unemployed and then having a stroke, I still did pretty good...
    [​IMG]

Plus I still have most of my other junk as well...

10. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

This is one I pulled out of the woods, haven't done anything with it yet. Still better than going to the crusher.URL=http://imageshack.us][​IMG][/url]
    [​IMG]
    URL=http://imageshack.us][​IMG][/url]
    Heres a shot a fellow HAMBER had of the same car from around 1970.[​IMG]

11. JJK

JJK

53 buick hard top saved from the elements
    [​IMG]

50 chevy for my sisters , gotta love West Texas cars
    [​IMG]

mooneyez my girlfriend saved this one
    [​IMG]

12. rab71

rab71

Picked up a rough buit usable 26/27 T roadster and 29 boxed A frame.

[​IMG]

And various other stuff that I could build into an RPU:rolleyes:

13. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

x2!

14. cretin

cretin

The only one I got in 07, havent started on it yet though. Gotta get my bike on the road first, then I'll start building the frame for this bad boy. I also saved a 57 DeSoto 341 hemi that will go in this A.

Attached Files:

15. CamaroKid

CamaroKid
    BANNED
    from Texas

I hope this worked ? Now if you click on my profile , this is the exact same car now cruising the streets after not running since 1978 . Waterpump was locked up and the Holley 750 needed some work but after about 3 hours of tinkering she fired . Needless to say , if that Chevy powerplant that was put in that car in 1970 wasn't locked up tighter than a drum , I knew she would live again with some coaxing ! 1962 -327 w/ T400 in a 1935 Plymouth Coupe I found in El Paso Tx. Absolutelt 0 rust .....and I looked HARD ! I own a restoration shop and other than the rear taking a small tap just below the trunk , I couldn't find any filler to speak of either ! I think even though this isn't my dream 1933 or 34 Ford , she is still a "KEEPER" ! I have been cruising her every night for the last week and she just loves being back on the road , I CAN TELL because we talk to each other ! LOL She let me know her generator was tired last night when it sounded like I installed a geardrive on-the-fly about an hour into her night ! Time for the old one-wire alternator trick to get things back charging and a bit less irritating on the ears . I'll put more pics up of some of my jobs and rides over the years when I figure out how to shrink my JPEGS down ? Take care guys and hope you like it , Jerry "CK".... CamaroKid

Attached Files:

16. i got these 2 trucks in 2007, a '57 and a '60 ford. got my eye on 2 more, just gotta get my hands on some money.........

Attached Files:

17. thelonelyking

thelonelyking

this last year i only bought one old car, well truck. it was a 51 chevy 5 window 3600 pick up i bought from an old man who had been using it as a hay truck on his farm since about 85 he said.only paid 1200$ and it runs great.i also bought a chevy tahoe this last month to pull my other cars around with.

this year i also sold a 57 international pick up ive had for awhile. glad to see that one go.too much work with that.

18. CamaroKid

CamaroKid
    BANNED
    from Texas

I think she'll buff out !

19. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

I got this '28 p/u last June, still needs a new motor.

Attached Files:

20. rixrex

rixrex

Saved from the crusher are 64 Gran Prix 2DHT and 64 Catalina 2DHT..a friend gave me a 71 MGB..I bought for $2000 a relatively rust and dent free 48 Cadillac sedanette..moved 30+ cars 85 miles from San Antonio to Austin..bought for $1500 a nice 69 Impala cruiser that a co-worker had all re-done then put it into a telephone pole, I just happened to have a 4D thats going to donate its frontend..and, the guy at the Harley dealership said he could put me on that 1200cc Sportster for $100 a month! at 54 mpg. compared to my trucks 15 mpg. the gas savings alone will make my note payment!..Hows that for justification, Sally bought it...

21. Walle

Walle

I bought my first american car... a 1951 4-d Chevy. It's in pretty good condition but needs new paint, a chop, new interior and some other things ;)

It has a rebuilt engine who just have gone a few miles sence the rebuild. New brakes and 99% rustfree. I bought it from a guy who had lost his father, his father was the only owner on the car and i got it for a realy nice price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In 2008 i hope to buy an Olds 1937 2-d i know just standing outside a barn just waiting to be rodded :) i think with a -39 chevy front end and a V8 it can be a realy nice ride.

22. I test drove that car! Almost bought it but it didn't work out. Congrats on such a nice car!

23. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

52 meat with running 311, 40's dodge cab.76 rust free convet with 67k, And running 78 eldo parts car.

Attached Files:

24. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I got this in 2007 from Kevin.It was 30 degrees yesterday morning.I could have sworn it was 31:rolleyes:.[​IMG]

25. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

my dad got his 41 packard on the road this year after 30 years..couldn't up load pic. i picked up a 51 shoebox that i managed to take all apart but thats about it so far

Attached Files:

26. 1952 chevy truck
    saved from a rotting death this fall
    truck sat outside in back yard for 6 years
    got it in the nick of time
    evicted wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and mice.
    had to throw out seats and glovebox because of vermin.
    now has 283/th350
    will have running this summer with any luck

Attached Files:

27. 2007??? Hell, I don't even remember 2007!
    Way to bring up an old thread......don't go back so far reading these..

28. McDeuce

McDeuce

29. 61TBird

61TBird

30. edweird

edweird

ya know..... if that thing was sectioned it would be cool as hell.