Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swedish stainless clamps?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bear Trap, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Bear Trap

Bear Trap

Any ideas on where I can get these?

[​IMG]

2. Junkyards, maybe Ford.

Seems like that's the style clamp that came stock on my 77 Ford 3/4 ton 4x4 with Cleveland 400-M.

3. Crestliner

Crestliner

I have some of the orginals. Not sure if they are stainless and not many sizes.

4. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Early ford in springfield ohio. Dennis Carpenters

5. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Ask Rolf, that's from his build. It's in the tech archives I believe.

6. trent

trent

There's two types of clamp in that picture. The one that's black and you can barely see is the type he's calling a swedish clamp and he painted it black. See here: http://classicroad.com/modelA/engine.htm

The other type- the ones I think you're probably looking at are called 'wire hose clamps'. In addition to the other suppliers already mentioned, a quick google search turned up this for a supplier online: https://www.deerelydeparted.com/p-401-wire-hose-clamp.aspx
    Those tractor guys have a special kind of sickness :). From the description: "Our two wire John Deere hose clamps are made from steel so they are guaranteed to age like the original.." That doesn't sound like anyone here does it? :rolleyes:

7. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I got mine from Restoration Supply. You might do a google search for their website.

8. Bear Trap

Bear Trap

9. Roadsir

Roadsir

In my opinion the "swedish clamp" looks like a standard clamp with heat shrink tubing slid over it and shrunk.

Eric

10. Rolf

Rolf

Good eye...yes, I just added the heat tubing to make it as invisible as possible...

11. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Everything Rolf does is Swedish...but that's ok he has that affliction. Some of us are Norwegian, as a result, life is simpler for us.

12. marktp1967

marktp1967
    from arizona

13. Roadsir

Roadsir

Because I am Scandinavian I was going to joke that this is the "cheap" way to make a "Swedish" clamp but you beat me to it!

I had an electrician give me bags and bags of heavy duty adhesive heat shrink in diameters from .25" to 1.25". I've used it on exposed fastener shanks, tool handles, homemade sheet metal brackets (like to hold fuel filters), over sections of brake line or fuel line to protect it, or for anti rattle. It works great and gives stuff an OEM look. Never thought of using it on hose clamps...
    Eric

14. Rolf

Rolf

Yup, it was a bitch to convert the lug nuts to metric on the old Ford :D