Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Car Bo Huff Gets Credit (rolls & Pleats #28

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by STEELJUNKY, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Damn, got any more pictures of my truck then that I am missing. (Not the ones in DONK pose though!) LOL

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm.... I'll look.

3. rab71

rab71

Which truck is yours?

4. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

The difference is that a REAL hot rod person can see past the "AS FOUND" model A body and see that there are MANY hours of time in finding the RIGHT parts and assembling a WELL PROPORTIONED car.

Yeah, it needs paint ... But i am more concerned with the Engine & trans right now.. Getting it all dialed in.

Then a Rear end change & a new floor cus i dont like the one i put in first time 'round.

I dont see any reason to paint it till im done cutiin, grindin, & pulling the Engine in & out

Hell man, there is some RARE shit on my car, as well as a Pretty damn clean body & a stout '26 Chrysler frame... This aint no fuckin Rat Rod.

5. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

6. I will editorialize a little now.

DE SOTO's car is not a rat rod. Because there is thought put into proportion. The grill shell is level with the cowl. Sure, there are things that I would have done differently, but overall, it has stance, workmanship, taste and style.

Now, to be honest, the pic of my car in black paint is a PhotoShop. But I keep the pic to remind me of my goals for the car.

7. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

My truck?
    [​IMG]

More from DESOTO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BadLuck

BadLuck

Steeljunkie... Im not going to join the beating (funnier than s**t though:D) but I actually like the pic with the green wheels, good kind of different........spoke wheels...bad kind of different! Red wheels are gay anyways!..(See my avatar for proof!)...anyways...I kinda like the car and have seen way gayer (is that a word?)..s**t on the HAMB from "old school HAMBers"...so sit back,grab your popcorn, and have a good laugh!:)

9. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Well now....since DE SOTO's car has been posted,,,,,and we all KNOW how much he like's to criticize others.....let's "pick apart" his car, shall we????:D

First off.......it needs raised in the back....not much...maybe 2-3"....

That's all I've got......nice car DE SOTO!

10. Halfton65

Halfton65

"To be a nonconformist all you have to do is look like us, dress like us and listen to the same music we do"

-South Park(paraphrase)

11. tjm73

tjm73

^^^^ that's one cool little V8 T pickup!!! :cool:

12. zombie

zombie

the coolest thing about desotos sportcoupe isnt the way it looks. its the way it runs. there's no feeling in the world like looking between those 6 carbs and having the rear tires hazed over as he bangs her into 3rd. it takes 2 days to pry the grin off my face everytime i ride in it.

if you cant tell the difference between this and a ratrod, you need to brush up on your real hotrod knowledge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Some more of Desotos coupe, from the Primer Nats.
    Bitchin' car, but I think the pissing match should stop. Gotto say Desoto wins this round, hands down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Chad s

Chad s

HAHAHA. The sad thing is, this guy is a good example of those who are simply un-educated (or unwilling to educate themselves). Not saying he isnt educated in the school type sense, but as far as knowing the true histoy of hot rods, he obviousely is another victim to the current hype in magazines like OSR and CKD.

But, to each his own. If he wants to think that building a 36 ford truck without fenders is traditional, so be it.

15. I think Steeljunky's skin is officially thickened.

I gotta go find me another bush, I feel an urge.

16. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Do we remember this?

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136579

I bet ya should...that was the thread that you posted LAST YEAR asking who Bo Huff was. You didnt know, but saw his name all over Ol Skool Rodz and Car Kulture Deluxe...

A year later we have a period correct custom going together, did a lot of "history" homework, and have become a typical pompous ass. Good for you! Guys like you are why I dont have many car friends, and Im truly sorry I had your back in that thread...ya know where YOU were the one getting kicked in the ass for not knowing your shit.

17. twofosho

twofosho

Nice Sport Coupe. Just hope you loose the crude exhaust and run something traditional like the one on the Bishop/Tardel car (How to Build a Traditional Ford Hot Rod). I can picture the car in Washington Ford Blue with the grille shell shortened (to raise the bottom), too. My brother has been pricing the wood kits for his Sport Coupe's top, not cheap!

18. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

DE SOTO. Are those 97's or 48's? How are you running them "Active" or "Progressive". Are they all live or are you blocking some? I just ordered a 6x2 for mine.

19. No! running without fenders is a traditional stye, don't be so narrow minded, its like an old racers told me at the salt they used what they had to build cars they did not look at a picture and copy each other. step outside of your little box and save some old iron and inspire someone rather than bash people who are not followers.

20. Chad s

Chad s

You call not knowing why OSR and CKD kissed Bo Huff's ass "not knowing your shit" about custom car history?

Actually, you are quite off. I had already done my "history homework" pretty well at the time of that thread. Bo Huff doesnt fit into the real history of custom cars. What did he pioneer? What custom did he build that put him on the map in custom history? None that I have seen. Go grab Pat Ghanal's book "The American Custom Car", do you see Bo Huff in there? I knew the history of the stuff that really mattered. I also knew that Bo Huff's cars were not very traditional (take his topless, black T as a latest example, or that goofyl looking Camel Toe Merc, trust me, I knew all along his stuff was silly). I dont care how many cars he has built.

I also knew that those two magazines, kissed his ass, for some un-aparent reason. It was kind of amusing, perhaps my thread was a bit tongue-in-cheek, as I was getting kicked in the ass, for questioning the origins of a builder, who really isnt nearly as big of a deal, as those two publications make him out to be.

I honestly dont care if someone thinks I'm a jerk for poking fun at someone who's work is like a cartoon in steel. I'm sorry I wasnt more forthcoming in the above linked thread. Yea, I think Bo Huff's cars are ugly. Yea, checking out those above two shitty magazines, who put him on a pedistal like he's some god, makes me a bit sick. As the shit got deeper, I back off, I shouldnt have.

21. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

thats what i was thinking

22. rab71

rab71

So to NOT be a rat rod, you have hunt down "authentic" hot rod parts. And ya' know? I actuall saw a video of one of the Shifters talking about just that. I guess I'll never understand that. To be honest... I don't respect that either. Somone has got to explain that to me I guess. Just seems like such a waste of money. I personally would rather by brand new look alike stuff that is not supposed to break. (we all know it can though)

Anyway, I can't give DeSoto any more shit because I'm tired of this and I like his car too much... Beer will do that to ya'.

23. overkillphil

overkillphil

Hey Desoto, what are you running for guts in that Fireflite? I'm building one to put in my '27, and this is my first hemi. Also, are you hitting Viva this year? I'd love to see it in person! Thanks, Phil

24. Dude, if I was Bo, I'd be pissed that someone attached my name to such a pile of shit.:cool:

25. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

26. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

That's the same reason theres posts don't die- whoops- I just added to it! ;)

27. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

I don't think he is going to be able to answer you... he has been put on "time out" for two months by the admin...

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Time out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.