Register now to get rid of these ads!

60's Era Cumberland,Md Airport Racing photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ranunculous, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hello all,
    Would anyone happen to have any photos from the airport races at Cumberland,Md from the 60's?
    Lots of hot rods and manufacture cars ran there.
    Thanks for your consideration!
    R

2. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

I might be able to help ya out on this one. Are you looking for any particular driver, car, etc. I attended afew races while growing near Cumberland. Do you have anything from the Cumberland Speedway, Ft Ashby Speedway, Deep Creek Lake Fair grounds Spedway or Roseland Speedway? email me at [email protected]

3. i was looking at a book a few weeks ago, i think it was "A Photographic History of Cumberland, Maryland " on the 4th page or so is a pic of a car club from like 1959 or so. it has alot of names you recognize that own dealerships or other car related shops in the area. the club car was bitchin. it think it was a roadster with a really setback olds motor. it is well worth a look.

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Thanks fellas! I appreciate all your suggestions.

5. I grew up in Cumberland MD. I moved to Calif. when I was 10. I went to a sports car race at the airport with my Dad. Don't know the year, but I was born in 58. Dean

6. sawzall

sawzall

wow..

never knew about the road rally..

I've been to Cumberland so many times it feels like home