Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who are "Los Cochinos"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by impalamike, Nov 23, 2007.

1. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

I just saw their display tonight at the Houston, Texas Autorama (see pics). Real nice cars...

Attached Files:

2. Doc22

Doc22

I dunno but that '50 hard top is gorgeous.

3. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

los cachinos was the name of an old cheech & chong album....the one with "pedro and man at the drive inn". you know...the one where they lock 2 guys in the trunk and sneak them into the drive inn. only to have chong break the trunk key off in the lock.... now that's some funny chit right there...
    "have you got a rod....or a crowbar or somethin' we can borrow man?" lol

i agree about the 50 hardtop...really nice.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Those guys do a drive-in thing up on the NE side of Houston once a month at an old style drive-in restaurant. Some one has posted invites to attend on this site now and then. The photo showed some pretty nice old style customs out there, not the modern lowrider stuff.

5. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

i have this album its the first thing i thought of too!!!

6. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Its actually every Friday night at Big V Burger on West Hardy toll Road. Just south of Little York. Bunch a cool guys, Adrian, Jeff, Joe, Omar to name a few. Yes they have some killer rides, aside from the fact the are cool dudes to hang out with. You should make it up there one Friday. As well as they usually make the monthly Hamb cruise at Jimmies ice House.

7. skyrodder

skyrodder

impalamike that would be us.. we try and hang out every friday at big v burger, and try to make it to jimmies when we can, but it's family day for most of us on sundays, those are just a few of our cars at the autorama. we were working on 4 of those cars this week to make it to autorama, i am putting a 350 combo in my 54 so it's not there, but ther was a pretty good turn out at the show...

8. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

Really nice cars Omar!! What kind of car do you have to have to come to your meetings? My car "Hawaiian Eye" is also at the show - check it out and let me know. Thanks, Mike

Attached Files:

• AR1.jpg
      AR1.jpg
      File size:
      95.9 KB
      Views:
    • AR2.jpg
      AR2.jpg
      File size:
      97.4 KB
      Views:
  9. skyrodder

skyrodder

you dont need a certain kind of car, as long as your about cars your welcome, we have lowriders , vettes, muscle cars , hot rods and customs show up, it's at a small drive up burger joint that has been there for many years, and we just eat and have a good time,

10. I believe it 's Spanish for The PIGS...LOL you Texas folk really have some colorful car club names....THE PIGS, Goat-suckers . LMAO

11. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I believe it's a little more than pigs, it's like when your mother caught you in the closet with your mouse out and playing with it. She would call you a little "cochino" [dirty,nasty,you got caught kind of name} Cool guys and killer cars. Saw most of them this weekend. Impala Mike you car is kick butt also. I've never seen it before. What part of the area do you live? TP

12. I don't know what it means but they have nice plaques;)

Hope you got them in time for the show!

Dennis

13. Crease

Crease

Met the dude with the green Chevy at a gas station in Austin. Real nice guy with a swank little custom.

14. skyrodder

skyrodder

yeah we sure did...... awesome plaques by the way

15. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I wonder who made them? They looked good. TP

16. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

Omar: What time do you guys meet on Fridays? Whats the physical address of the restaurant? Finally, when do you meet on White Oak?

17. huero

huero

18. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Big V Burger @ 11207 W Hardy Rd, Houston, TX
    Its on the southbound feeder of the Hardy Tollroad. Exit Little York both ways. If northbound you'll have to take the bridge over the mainlanes and come back to the southbound feeder.
    Usually 6pm-.......

The deal in the Heights is at Jimmy's Ice House ( just west of the interesection of Studewood & White Oak) Its the 1st Sunday of every month starts around 3pm-....... It is just a local Hamb get together that anyone and everyone is invited to, car or no car. We stand around BS, have a few beers. We used to give Richard D a hard time, now we just wonder were he vanished too.
    That means 7 days from now we'll be at Jimmy's.

19. skyrodder

skyrodder

Here is our flyer

[​IMG]

20. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

Thanks Omar, I'll try to make it.

21. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Cochino is what my wife calls me we're spoonin' in the bed and I let loose one of those broccoli & brown ale induced pedos that lifts the sheets a foot or two...

22. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

yes indeed
    :D

23. i think i see blue 54 running a "strays" plaque! :D

24. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

Funny....that's exactly what my wife calls me when I do that.....coincidence:eek: :rolleyes:

25. Anyone ever post pics of the Jimmies Ice House cruise?

26. I LOVE that car!I was all over it at the Roundup!

27. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Search under "Lucky Strike" or "Richard D" they've had threads where they posted pics up.