Register now to get rid of these ads!

why do you SO CALLED "hotrodders" hate 55-57 chevys???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam F., Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i dont think that they are terrible cars,when done right.well right according to the way i like cars,which is going to be different to other people,i dont like them as street rods,which horrible yellow flames and big ass black tires,billet everything and a shitty rake,kustoms for me is a tastefull stance wide whites and nice paint,vintage interior,smooth lines that flow,the 57 and 56 had some beautiful lines that can be highlighted and made to look awesome they can truly be great kustoms when they dont fall under the influence of boyd types lthat totally screw these cars up

2. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

I think the influence of Boyd types screw every old car up....
    So it's not the poor Tri Chevys, it's the goofy guys, that screw up also a lot of other cool cars. Amen.

3. jeffrob

jeffrob

[​IMG]

TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

4. Make It Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. OK OK OK. I now am going to sell all my hot rods. The fuckin tree huggers win. My order for the greenest car available goes in first thing Monday morning. If this group of hot rodders cant even keep from bashing each other then soon this will be the fate of all of us. Please teach your kids and grandkids to hate all cars that dont fit your fancy. The final days of the rod runs, swap meets, car shows, etc. will come down to 57 Chevys and 32 Fords. Then between them they will kill each other off, leaving us with NOTHING!:eek:

6. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Problem with tri-fives is that they are a target for BOTH the GOOD & the BADDD.

Case in point is the Project X '57- back in the early days is was THE KING- but what GM Performance just did to it FOREVER ruins it for me. They changed most of what is both beautiful and raw about a '57 Chevy- like it was said earlier- you can't screw with some things like Project X and Marilyn Monroe.

7. AGREE! Project X was a huge influence. Longest running project. But, they should've known when to "cut bait"

8. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Why do some so called hot rodders hate 55~57 chevys, to much American Graffiti... I am a hot rodder and I don't hate 55~57 Chevys. I think they are cool. Just my opinion....:D

Attached Files:

9. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

I come home from grade school one day and there are 4 Tri-fives lined up down the street. My neighbor says they belong to a guy that just moved in. A red & white 57 convert, a green 56 2 door post, a white & coral 55 2 door hardtop with a red right front fender, and a yellow 56 convert. A few days later a gray primer 55 2 door post and a blue 57 2 door post show up. A week goes by and a white 56 2 door hardtop and black primered 55 2 door post join the others. All these are lined up bumper to bumper down the street and none of them plated. Couple weeks go by, I come home from school a fleet of wreckers are hooking them up. Turns out they were all stolen and I didn't know till later he had 3 more stashed behind the house, and was nabbed driving another! 12 counts of grand theft auto. The police found a stack of licence plates thrown done the storm sewer. Sure fire Darwin award winner.

10. MADMILLER

MADMILLER
    from Las Vegas

I love mine put my car seats in it and drive with my whole family.Still got enough power to run 13.9 for 4 door

Attached Files:

11. Neophyte

Neophyte

I like em too BUT.......

I just don't want one AT ALL because every second "rodder" has one. At shows they all seem to look the same apart from colours obviously. You never see something that makes one really stand out from the crowd. If a new one comes into the show nobody runs over to it but if some new 30's or 40's rod comes in that just a little bit different then everybody's there.

12. bohlsd

bohlsd

I don't care much for them, but that is not because I like hot rods, it is because I am mainly a Ford fan. If I had to pick one I think the '56 (probably the most unpopular one) is by far the best of the three.

13. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Does this look comfortable??? Is this girl German?

[​IMG]

14. Gator

Gator

I've always dug 'em, had a 56 years ago and would still love to have a white over black '55 post or a '57 ''Black Widow"

I think the animosity comes from the fact that these cars are a Hot Rod Icon, so anything that could be done to them has been, so you've got to hit a home run to even get a second look.

Does that make any sense, or have I had too much Scotch??

15. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I hate most Chevys anyway, and seen WAAAAY too many of these all fubared so that's my excuse.

16. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

Why do so many hate them?

Because they SUCK.

17. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

I have a 55 150 post car and a 57 convertable. I love my 55 and 7 but most are right when they say they are cookie cutter cars. But then again trying to do something different with these years is hard. Its taken me almost 10 years to get my 55 the way I want it(white walls, tuck n roll, etc...) and still it gets no love! Most walk right past it and on to my race car!

Now the 57 is in 'storage' 'cause its a stocker and my dad refuses to drive it 'cause too many people have convertables out there and no one can appriciate the special features ours has on it.

I've also been known to go to a show and be asked about so and so's tri five and go 'what one?' I still don't pay attention to them, and I have two years!

18. rixrex

rixrex

In the circle I've been in the 55 Chevy two-door sedan was THE hot rod. My first car, second car was a 55 Nomad..The 57 Nomad is the most rocketship of them all..my current 56 wagon I bought from a retired Air Force colonel that took it with him around the world, it has been before Haile Selassi, President/Emporer of Ethiopia, Lion of Judah, blessed by Jah Himself..How could you not like that car?..some bad voodoo hex might befall me...

19. Well, I guess I can ring in now. I have a '57 Nomad that will in no way be a lawn chair haulin' billett wearin' retiree owned weekend TRAILERED poser. It was actually a built in the '60's cruiser and will stay that way.
    I have a '55 BelAir that was a two tone billett pussy, now a 210, radiused wheel wells, 454 4spd BAD ASS. Gasser? no, just bitchin'. So yeah I agree but don't hate. They have they're deal we have ours.
    But I do love it when those pussy's ask me why. HEHEH

20. Must be the Full Moon.

21. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

10 pages...probably enough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.