Register now to get rid of these ads!

Say a prayer for rob lee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xderelict, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big otis

big otis
    from omaha, ne

i think we will have a 3 band bill this saturday night to help raise money for rob and his family. i am going to try and set this up tonight and i will keep everybody posted. glad to see his condition leaning to the positive side.
    -otis

2. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I just came from the hospital, it's around 5:00 pm.Rob is back with us but in a lot of pain.He's got broken ribs on the left side from the pole that stoped him and they are sorting out his insides.He has a bruised heart and kidney and both lungs were collapsed.I talked to his brother Kevin and Big Dave. They were riding north of Dodge Park,Rob was leeding the three around a turn. There was a large amount of gravel and chunck spilled in the road.Dave said shovels full.Rob tried to ride out side of the turn and laid it down off the road,he slid and his bike missed a pole,he hit the pole.They Life Flighted him to Creighton Med Center and he is still in the ICU at this time.We talked,he is awake and alert and hurting.The doctors took the neck brace off,good thing.He still is in the finding out whats wrong stage.He has all kinds of x rays,cmts and such to go thru now that he is awake and alert.There are cardioligists hanging around so I would assume they are being cautious.Thats what I know now.Rob is one tuff fu!k and if he wern't I don't think he would be here today. He and we are very lucky.(Blessed)Later all.............................Dick

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for the update Dick. Please keep us all in the loop.

Otis, a fundraiser sounds wonderful. Does the family have a paypal that can be donated to from those of us that can't make it out to the benifit? If so, please post.

4. FarmFresh

FarmFresh
    from Ames, Iowa

Rob is a hell of a guy, and we are pullin for him here in Iowa.

5. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Thanks for keeping us up todate. I know that Rob is one tough cookie. We will post any thing that comes up that we come up with for a fund raiser.

6. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I had been away from the computer for a while and just checked back hoping for more info., what wonderful news. I know lots of unknowns yet, but this is remarkable progress. Sounds like a get together is in the works and we are working on a pay-pal account for people like the mighty Denise expressing desire to help the Rob fund out. It will be a while b-4 this man is doing his fabulous tree magic. I've broke open the piggy bank!! I know Jim Johnson at the Waiting Rroom is all about hosting this affair. Josh is workin out the show so you know it'll be a good time to honor our Bro Rob and rustle up some funds for this nice family!!!-Sololobo
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. big otis

big otis
    from omaha, ne

just got back from talking to jim at the waiting room (lounge)
    here is what we have cooked up for the short term...
    this saturday, 11/24
    3 bands, including the filter kings and sara benck and the robbers, 7 bucks at the door. donations will be taken and proceds will be given as well.

here is the big deal, we need any help we can get...

i had booked a show at the waiting room with the filter kings and bastard sons of johny cash on december 29th for the hood ratz winter party. jeff at karls kustoms is doing the art work for the posters and i talked to him tonight to change the posters to include a fund raiser for rob and his family. i want to do a silent auction at the show. i am donating the filter kings to play a private party to the highest bidder, karls kustoms is bringing a ton of kick azz shirts and stickers, hot rod roadster is bringing some stuff from his private stash in his garage that we have all been trying to get our hands on for a long time, and i know the boys from the road burners will bring some goodies to the table too. solo lobo has more stuff than you can shake a stick at and i know davey at shop no. 10 can machine anything you can imagine. this will be a great time with great people, i know we can raise some much needed funds for rob.

if you want to donate stuff for the auction or want info on coming to either show, send me a p.m. and i'll get you the info.
    thanks
    -otis

8. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Otis, this is really coming together. Thank you for working to set this up,

9. RoadBurner1

RoadBurner1
    from Nebraska

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Kool guys, see ya there!!!!!!!!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

10. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Thats why there is a Big in Otis' name.You guys rock.I saw Rob last night and we talked for awhile.He said thanks for everyones concern.He then pushed the magic button and drifted off to sleep.Thanks all for your prayers and thoughts.

11. This about says it too for us.....God speed Rob!!!
    Sandy & Woody

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

All good to hear. Thinking of you, Rob - Get well soon!

Malcolm

13. Madmaxx

Madmaxx
    from Omaha, Ne

Oh.... what a sigh of relief!!!!
    I have been thinking about this ever since I first heard the news!!!!
    We prayed for him!
    I hope he recovers quickly!!!!

14. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

We will be thinking of Rob and his family during the holiday. Keep us posted.

15. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Rob keeps making improvement and was making jokes and smiling tonight.He still has more tubes and wires than my modified but he is looking better,yea,much better than the modified. He said Jane had just left because he was grumpy.Seems things are getting back to normal.A doctor came in and said they were going to take out some of the tubeing and install smaller sizes in others.Looks like he will be out of ICU tomorrow so things are good.Should be able to take visitors then.Thanks again for the support,it's nice to have friends that care.Later.............Dick

16. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Thanks for the update Dick. Sounding good. Wish I could be out there for the benefit and spend some money. Might be out that way in a few weeks.

17. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Thanks for the updates. let us know when we can get out there to see him.
    Jeff

18. FuelFC

FuelFC

Some good news for the board and himself. Keep on the upside. Best wishes and thoughts from here.

19. 50fish

50fish

I stand in agreement with everone else here for Rob and his family.

20. rocketman402

rocketman402

saying a prayer here for a speedy recovery

21. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">btt

22. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

They moved Rob to a private room, # 5222 at the Creighton Med Center.Things are looking up which gives us a lot to be thankful for.I only say it because I mean it,Thanks!

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Good news to hear, indeed! Thanks for the updates, Dick!

24. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

damn, thats great news dick!!!! how long you guessin he will be there>?? long enough to send cards and whatnot to the room?

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I like the "whatnot" part. :eek:
    Breeder, if I ever end up in the hospital please send a card but keep your whatnot to yourself ok?:D

Dick, thanks so much for the update. I will continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

26. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I'm up there yesterday and they put this mask on him that expands his lungs.He makes like he's trying to light it up.I guess the whatnots are on his mind.You could probably trade him a can of mountain dew for a triumph right about now.

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

28. rocketman402

rocketman402

I stop in and visited Rob Lee today, like Dick has said he's got more wires and tubs than some of our hot rods. Spent about 20 min visiting with him and his wife, he's in pain and can't eat for now and that sucks for someone who like food like he dose. He shook my with a good strong grip and said to tell everyone thanks for the prayers. Saturday nite come out and show the love everyone :) Later Matt

29. jangleguy

jangleguy

My best to everyone involved. I lived back there for so long, it feels like you guys are my homies. Take good care of Rob (I used to go to Crieghton Med Center - some old buds work there). I'll be at the fund raiser, in spirit - good work, guys!
    Again, my best to Rob and all the Lees...
    Scotty

30. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

prayers from gambino kustoms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.