Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T,,but i just had to show off my new puppy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam F., May 11, 2007.

1. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

oh man, just read the whole thread. soooo sorry to hear about your pups. that is so hard. I just had to put down my 75# border collie after he got out of the yard, got hit by a car and broke his back. my German Shepard was with him and now she won't try to runaway after what she saw. I lied next to my dog on the emergency room floor for a while, it was horrible; the assh*le didn't even stop.

My German's the best thing that ever happened to me....helped me through some really rough times. It's crazy how they become such a valued member of the family. If something were to ever happen to her, I'd probably die of heartbreak.:(

i was able to rescue a brendal pit lady off of some railroad tracks a month ago, had her scanned, no microchip. if she had only had a chip, her owner would've gotten her back, still found her a great home though. The chip has become mandatory in several counties, i can't wait for it to go nationwide. anyways, i would hope someone would do the same for my doggies. If every family had a dog in their family....I think the world would be a much better place

2. El Gordo

El Gordo

[​IMG]
    Spike says Hi!
    and put us down for 2 votes for "Patch":)

3. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

sorry for your loss, It's hard without them, I had to put my friend of 15 years to sleep last year,

so I went out and got these two

[​IMG]

;.

4. CedarSpeed

CedarSpeed

Sorry about your loss Sam I had to put down my boston ALbany last fall it really hit me hard but she is not suffering anymore. I really hate that for you family and wish you well, Clutch sends his condolences also.

Attached Files:

5. Looks like "Rags" from the tv show Spin City!!! Anyone remember that show? :D

6. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Sorry to hear about your loss, Sam.

7. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thanks for all the words of faith guys...its has been a real hard time,

this past week ...i have been thinking of this tradgedy so much...over analizing it to the point it was making me crazy...
    ,,the worst part about it was seeing the lil guys suffer and die in my arms,,that is what was really tearing me up..

,,its been hard,,finally i have some type of calmness about the whole deal,,my soul feels a lil bit peacefull now... because, i think it might have been God,...or ?? but whatever it was ,
    he made me start thinking about all the awesome times that the lil guys had and that even though they had to leave this world all of the many great days in their lives they had up untill that point had far out numbered the last 3 miserable ones in their lives...

thanks again for your kindness...

8. imperial

imperial

She's not a puppy anymore but she sure looks like her owner

Attached Files:

• bd.jpg
      bd.jpg
      File size:
      29.8 KB
      Views:
  9. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

found a pic of my gal! :) the border collie's the one i talked about having to put down :'(
    [​IMG]

10. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Sorry to hear about your dog Dreadman & of all your losses I kept this picture on my computer of three french bulldogs cause one of them looks like Hitler....Guess which one?

[​IMG]

11. tmacracin

tmacracin

Looks like a Bordeaux? Cool dog

12. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

I am so sorry and feel for ya. I had to put two of mine down last month, just 3 weeks apart. It sucks when they get old, I still have two dogs but miss my Tana Monster and Herman everyday, I'm not ashamed to admit I tear up and cry everytime I think of them, they were my family.....

13. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thaks man,,

i want to say a BIG condolence to those that have posted on this thread and have talked about losing one or two that has been with you for so many years,,,i cant even inmagine how that must be,,,it was hard losing my lil bros only after 6 months,,,it must have been way really hard.....:(

...thats the thing,,some people dont understand how hard it is losing a lil buddie,,,the weirdest things make me think of them and get me choked up and start crying my eyes out,,some people have told me things like "well,their just dogs" or "you havent even had them a year" or they just look at me funny when i tell them my doggies passed like it aint no thing and why should i even be worried about it type of look...(one neighbor who i think might not even have all her screws tight actually was smiling when i told her one of mine passed and the other was ill...)i still cant rally comprehend that...

the thing that pisses me off is i have had neighbors that have had dogs that i know they leave them out side all year long chained up to a tree or a dog house(in cold kentucky winter weather) ,never take them for a walk(or off the chain for that matter...)and feed them maybe every other day...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Sam and Dreadman,

I'm so sorry to read of you losing your dear friends. Sam, your pups were so darned beautiful. Just remember, guys, that your pals knew they were loved. They are blessings. Allow your gratitude a chance to balance your grief. It's been eleven months since I had to say goodbye to my best pal and it still hurts like hell sometimes. Other dogs may come along, but they'll never own that part of your heart that belongs to your departed friend. That's devotion.

15. lgh1157

lgh1157

Sam, Chris, im sorry for your guys losses man.

When i met my wife she had a dog "chaos", he was fuckin cool. When he died i was really messed up for a few days. He was the dog that made me understand what its like to know a dog.

Now we have two little crazy fuckers running around the house [ not so little anymore, i guess :D ]

Stay strong

L

16. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Here are my two trouble makers...The best dogs ever!! The bigger one Gunner is 4 and we rescued him from the shelter about two years ago... the little man is Bailey,he is only a year and a half was just given to us from a co-worker that couldnt take care of him anymore..(she bought him at a petstore for 1800!!! and then just gave him to us! they are both house trained and potty trained from the get go... Sam, if my wife didnt get so attached, ok me to I would of shipped bailey's happy ass to you!!

Attached Files:

17. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

My family just went through this with our DALMATIAN. We got her when she was 8wks old and had to put her down at 14 yrs because of mammary gland cancer. We tried surgery, but that really only made her worse. Her AKC registered name was Poke E. Dot, but we just called her POKEY. We feel your pain and sorrow.

18. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

Sorry to hear about your loss, man i know that pain...

19. sorry to all of those that lost pets in this thread
    dogs rule

20. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

21. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I know what you mean about getting attached to the little guys. I lost my Dalmation, "Eli" last year...I got him at 5 weeks old and he lived to be 9 years old. He apparently had an underlying heart condition and his ticker finally gave out. He was a great dog...never met anyone he didn't like.

I've got a German Shorthair Pointer now, named "Isky", that justed turned one year old. He goes to work with me everyday.

Don't wait too long to get another companion....it really does help with the healing process. It took me about 3 months before I even wanted to start looking, but I'm glad we found Isky.

Here he is posing with a chrome '39 trans...I think he's trying to tell me that he's not so sure about early Ford toploaders:

[​IMG]

He's pretty fond of Halibrand stuff though!

[​IMG]