Register now to get rid of these ads!

New PURPLE PEOPLE EATER video ~ Garage Magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Nov 7, 2007.

1. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

now that's what i'm talkin about !!!
    has anyone ever seen the specs on that motor ??
    it's more than what alot of people perceive it to be.
    The engine is a real piece of history that was originally built in 1959. It was originally injected and came out of a front engined dragster that held the record at riverside raceway for blown on gas.....149 mph. This was in 1959,1960,and 1961. The engine is a 1956 316 c.i. with 4" bore. It has first production Mickey Thompson Aluminum rods, 9.0:1 Venolia pistons, a highly modified c/t stroker crank, 0.505-inch solid lift Engle cam, dual roller timing chain with custom made aluminum cover. The heads are highly modified 1957 units that have been ported and polished with custom made screw-in studs, and after market rocker arms. Valve covers are finned aluminum by Weiand. Headers are home made zoomies. The blower intake is a Weiand and the 671 blower is a Don Hampton. The blower is 9% under driven. 8 Ford Stromberg carbs sit on top of a rare Cragar intake. The transmission is an original B & M hydro. A new rear was recently rebuilt and installed by Mark. It's a 1957 Pontiac with 4.11 posi .

2. I thought it was going through the drive through...there has got to be more. :)

3. Zerk

Zerk

That is bad craziness. I love it.

4. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

That's what I'm waiting for.

5. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

Please, someone get this on video! I'd love to see that thing scream down the strip.

6. wedgeii1

wedgeii1
    from california

Seen that car many times but never in motion. That was cool...

7. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Seen it drive down the street in front of Mooneyes at the rat fink party in '00 turn and park in the gas station parking lot across the street. Been able to drive fer awhile. Bad ass!

8. gowjobs

gowjobs

When I saw it cruisin' out of the PrimerNats, it was eerie - all you could see over the top of the other cars was this blown engine moving along... the whole car was hidden from view.

9. jangleguy

jangleguy

Great to see the PPE terrorizing the populace. Sounds great, too! Thanks for posting the engine specs - that takes me back...
    A few years ago, we shot video from inside the Morris of going through a McDonalds drive through with tires on fire, then we get to the window and have a screaming conversation with the manager through the pick up window - both of us cupping our hands around our mouths to yell through - I never made a move to shut off the car and he never thought to ask - too shocked, I guess...Anyway, I hope you guys had half as much fun as we did doing that. Thanks for posting this video - made my day...Please let us know how you do at the drags!
    Scotty

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

MORE!!!! I need MORE!!! PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!! I want to see it going through the Jack in the Box!! LOL!!! I love it!!

11. belair

belair

Now let's see it eat some puple people. Better yet, film it at the drive thru. I can just see you at the order mic, trying to get a Big Mac, then going up to the window. PLEASE!

12. TheRookie

TheRookie
    from Sparks NV

To actually see that thing move under it's own power is awe inspiring. I have been along time finatic over that car. Amazin' doesn't even begin to descibe it. Wish I built it.

13. Pluck

Pluck

That was great! I just can't get enough of that car!!
    Please post more videos.

14. That car rocks! Saw it at VLV this year.

15. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I remember the post from YEARS ago when there was talk of it going down the dragstrip... lots of naysayers back then,,,

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

DAMN it's good to see that car again.......and that it's still around.....it's awesome......I want MORE please !!!!

17. lowbiz

lowbiz

didnt even know it ran until now, wow does that thing sound mean!!!! lets see some more!!

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Stoner, when does the article come out ?

19. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I love that car. It was one of the first things I stumbled across when I got interested in hot rods. It's nice to be able to hear it running and see it moving.

I can't imagine how you'd decide where to point it before doing a burnout though, I guess you just stomp it and hope nothing is in the part you can't see.

Thanks for posting that!

20. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I am in love. wow. the end.

21. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

I just played the clip and the sound of the motor wokeup my 3yr old son and he yelled from his room "DAD THAT'S A HOTROD ...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP!!!! yes he's right, abadass HOTROD TOTALLY F-ING COOL.

22. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

not the first time i have seen it but this was the first time i saw it in motion!!:D
    [​IMG]

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

24. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

you would have to turn the JNTB drink sideways to get it in the window of the PPE! too funny. (does he have a drink holder in there?)
    New assignment: Please find a lonley stretch of road and get some video of this thing WIDE open! 8 to 10 seconds would be perfect.

25. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I have always loved that car, it has always been in the back of my mind and I wish to someday see it up close.

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Nads, you often say so little ,but mean so much.

Are we going to see Vicky Tafoya together at VLV this year ? I'll buy the first round !

27. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Super!!!
    always wondered if it ran.....Reminds me of the fuel altered days....

Spoons

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Dunno mang, gotta figure some shit out, plus I still haven't gotten my ride in the Bandit.

29. SICBOY

SICBOY

I WOULDNT BE COMFORTABLE SEEING THAT IN MY REARVIEW MIRROR:eek: