Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech Help: 47-54 Chevy pick ups

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harley8879, Nov 4, 2007.

1. harley8879

harley8879

I want to do a tilt nose on my 1950 Panel truck. Has anyone done this before? How did you you make the hinges or does someone make hinges for this?:confused:

2. jerry

jerry

I think that you're pretty much on your own as to the hinges/pivots. Talk to, look at any you can find qt car shows. Ask how they did it and if they are happy or what they'd change on their design. The hardest part is going to get the fender to cab side at the bottom.

I've seen it dom=ne a few times but it's justnot something that I would do to mine.

jerry

3. old dirt tracker

old dirt tracker
    from phoenix

i thought people quit doing this 20 years ago. if you insist look at the truck industry (kenworth/ peterbuilt) they have been tilting the fronts for a long time.

4. harley8879

harley8879

OK, thanks guys. Since everyone stopped doing this 20 years ago is one of my biggest reasons for doing it. I want to be different than the main stream. :D

5. hotrod327

hotrod327
    from Orygun

I did a tilt front on my '53.....and yes, it was 20 years ago..... not that difficult once the hinge geometry is worked out. The basic "formula" for that geometry is to get the hinge point as far forward and low as possible, preferably just under the splash apron. Feel free to PM me....