Register now to get rid of these ads!

DOTD Video - 'D.W. vs. The Chevy'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLAKE, Nov 1, 2007.

1. BLAKE

BLAKE

This one's a hair-raising butt-puckerer... enjoy!

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Sweet !!!! That 55 was senior fried on the HAMB .

3. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

awesome vid!

4. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

that was great!!!!!!!!!

5. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

thats a big HAIL yeah.

id love to ride in one of those. yet build one later. cant do it quite yet:(

6. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

oh yeah, does anyone know what "dave" has in there?

7. BLAKE

BLAKE

Great dripping gobs of testosterone...?

8. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

A real fast motor!:D I think its a 327 but not sure. David I thought you were never going to show us that youtube. All Dennis can say is that was a great race. Even thou he lost :mad: to ya.:D Thanks Blake for the youtube,and Dennis was just getting over the loss.:eek: :D
    Robert

9. bobblehead

bobblehead

D. W.'s car is awesome!

10. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Holy shit Blake! I may not sleep tonight after watching that one. Fucking exciting that is!
    I'm not sure but I think Dennis has an automatik in that 55 cause for my 1st two shifts, he just keeps on pulling. I don't know what he has under the hood of that thing but it's pretty fast cause he was haulin ass when I passed him:D

11. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

F*&* Man I cant stop smiling after watching that!! I even called my wife into the room to check it out!! D.W.'s car is one BAD HOMBRE!! I have his visor at my shop, I might just keep it as a memento!!
    Jimmy White
    Circle City Hot Rods
    P.s. Blake your videos are amazing!!

12. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

D.W just kidding I wont keep your visor! I am going to drop it off at the sandblaster tomorrow.
    Jimmy White

13. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

great video.

14. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Man, that may be the coolest one yet. Like DW was saying after he saw it on the camera, he'd gain everytime until he hit a shift and the '55 would pull on him. DW took him off the line and that blower was too much on the big end. Can't believe how hard the coupe was launching. Sounding like a 5-6000 rpm clutch drop. The slicks made about half a second difference in ET. And it looks like it pinned him in the seat pretty good, too!

DW can give the details, but it's a blown 350. Fresh Merlin block, with lots of goodies. Super sweet car, and a heck of a nice guy.

Edit: Haha, I called my wife in to watch it a couple or 6 times before I posted. You guys all posted while I was watching the video.

15. grapejuice1998

grapejuice1998
    from Dallas, TX

Oh man, that was great!!

16. BLAKE

BLAKE

Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

Watching these vids of Dave's and Curtis' kick-ass A's makes me wanna yank the flatty outta mine... maybe opt for something more 'substantial'... :D

17. Dirty2

Dirty2

What cha doing to the visor ????:D

18. BLAKE

BLAKE

Watching this vid in slo-mo was a sorta fascinating physics lesson... and Dave definitely needs a roll bar!

19. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Man, I am still sitting here smiling!! That car is the shit dude!! I like the intensity of it, and his facial expressions. Buzzard I know what your saying with the "pinned in the seat" it almost looks like he is struggling to shift it! I dont know if I am going to be able to sleep now!!
    Jimmy White
    Circle City Hot Rods

20. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Dude, I am humbled that you have taken the time & effort to work your magic on the visor. Maybe now it wont come flying off anymore:rolleyes:

21. 54BOMB

54BOMB

that was rad , hands down one of my favorite cars ever

22. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

If you didn't have the RPU in the works, I'd be telling you to get that old timey has been motor out of there. But you'll have a quick hot rod soon enough. Keep the flatty for the time being. At least until you can show 'ol hot rod Casey clown Collin artist what a real flathead can do. Or something like that...

23. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

No more drag racing for me till I put a cage in it. Honest!
    Hey Mofo. Just what does Dennis run in that 55? He's gotta outweigh me by tons & he still runs like that. That thing is pretty sick.

24. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Honestly dude, Your car rules, That video sums up what a Hot Rod is all about!! I think you are my new hero man!! I am humbled to be fixing the visor for that car!!
    Jimmy White
    Circle City Hot Rods
    P.s. I need to step away from the computer and relax, I was getting ready to relax watch T.V. with the wife, then I see the video. Now, I am all pumped up, hyper as hell and can hardly see straight!!

25. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

His shifter pretty much sux. He doesn't really make excuses for it, because he's already faster than most all of us. But the 2-3 shift especially, is really notchy. With a decent shifter and some more practice, I think 10.70's are way doable.

Rollbar, and a 5 point harness before he races again. Right, DW?

26. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

The master will be putting some holes in it w/ his fancy dimple die contraption!

27. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

I agree with the roll bar, What shifter is in that thing? I had know Idea the shifter sucks, it just seems as if he is getting pushed back into the seat HARD! Alright man I am out of here, I am starting to think of crazy things I can do to my coupe for next year..
    Jimmy White
    Circle City Hot Rods

28. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

The Hurst shifter in the car really is sub-par. I think Long makes a slicker unit. (Ha ha, I said slick unit:D)

That's right Buzzard, no more racing w/o some added saftey measures!

29. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

That was great. I have to say this is the best angle for a drag race video I've seen. You see the driver, the other car, and everything else.

30. DW - it was a blast seeing (and hearing) you run that beast out there all weekend, just too too cool

thanks Blake for getting all the great footage - the "in car" stuff is killer