Register now to get rid of these ads!

Free at last, free at last

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuel pump, Oct 31, 2007.

1. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Well after 39 years of working 40 hours a week I decided to retire. Today is my last day of work! The heater goes in the garage/shop next week so I'll be out there all winter workin on my new truck. Its hard to believe its finally here. Free at last, free at last!!

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Go easy, now! You don't want to be fired on your last day because you were on the HAMB!
    Congratulations!

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hell, i havent been alive that long! close....:D
    congrats to you man......39 years is a LONG DAMN TIME! now live to be 120 and build a pant load of hot rods!;)

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

now who is going to be the fuel pump expert for the world?

Congrats! You deserve it!

5. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

Congrats... enjoy your retirement...

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Congrats Rich! Well deserved. Now maybe you and Frank can get out and about to a few more out of state events. In any event, I'll see you at the Detroit Autorama in March if not before.

7. Congratulations and enjoy. I will be there Jan 1. I have the shop just about finished. I am so tired of this 50 hrs per week shit and answering to the man. I know your feeling. Of course now I will have to answer to the woman part of the time. HA!

8. torchmen49

torchmen49

CONGRATS!!! "Let the build begin"

9. jdubbya

jdubbya

Slacker! :D

Congrats Rich, I have been trying to figure out how I can do the same, but my only way to accomplish that at this point, are a winning lotto ticket, or a sugar mama... so if you know where i can find either one, let me know, and I will come over and help you out.

10. The Monkey

The Monkey

Congrates, you lucky Dog.

Just rub it in my face

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Congrats. You deserve it.

12. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Man....I can't even imagine what that would be like. Well, ok, yes I could imagine it, but that is probably as close as I'll ever get.
    Congratulations

13. BigRed390

BigRed390

Congrats! Enjoy it! And post pics of your build during the day so we can all be mad while at work!!!

14. jonny o

jonny o

Beautiful to see someone work so hard toward their goal of working 40 hours a week in the garage! Congrats!

Now, any tips to someone in their 3rd year of a career?

15. STEELRAT

STEELRAT

Congratulations! I expect there will be a lot more hot rods in the area now.

16. Jay71

Jay71

Damn, Im soooo jealous of you, as I stand here at work in my "space suit" covered in fiberglass dust. Congrats!! Must feel good to finally reach that light at the end of the tunnel.

17. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Congrats ya bum.
    Now ya got no excuse for comming out for the Santa Maria show.

Craig

18. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Good news! You always seemed to have something cool to drive or work on since I've known ya...now you oughtta be able to kick it UP a notch or three, eh?!

Ha Ha...Have fun in your new-found spare time!!!

:) :cool:

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

congatulations!..now you will have to keep buisy in the garage to keep from getting bored

20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Congratulations ... :)

I did it 2 and 1/2 years ago ... and I love it.

When I was working I heard heard folks say " I am busier now than when I worked "

It's true ... but you get to work on WHAT you want ... not what the boss said to do ...

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Well, I guess I've finally figured out who I'm going to lunch with the 4 days a week I now have open on my calendar. OOOPs! Just remembered Tom will have the cast off his leg soon so You'll only have to fill in 3 days Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We'll still do breakfast on Saturday and I'm guessing you want to hold Sunday open to do something special with your wife, right? : :D

Frank

22. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Congratulations!
    Can you imagine that some people retire and are bored because they have nothing to do???
    Can't imagine that as a HAMBer you'll be bored.
    If you are... it sounds like you have lots of friends who could keep you busy. ;)
    Live long and build-on!

23. damnfingers

damnfingers

Congratulations....I did it the end of August....got the 1st Social Security check this month (thanks all who are still contributing!!:D).

As has already been stated...you'll not be bored...I've got more to do now than I did when I was working...but it's all MINE.

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Randy, I was under the impression you were married. If so that last statement is just the babbling of a closet macho-man:eek: :D

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

:D ...I like Frank...:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Frank,
    I'm sure I can fill in one or two of those days .... in fact I'm planning on it! Now let me just check my calander ............ YUP I'm free any one of them. Man this is GREAT:cool:

27. phat rat

phat rat

Congrats I pulled the plug last year after being there 43. It's great, always something to keep you busy even if it's just tuning in here.

28. Mopar34

Mopar34

Congratulations!!! In a few years I will be joining that elite group. Got 35 in with my current employer, and only waiting for my daugther to finish up at Penn State. After that, I will split my time between wrenching on my cars and watching the :D grass grow.

29. Congratulation! I am going to a pre-retirement seminar tomorrow. I still have at least 2 years to go.