Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dawsonville Moonshine Festival ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Oct 23, 2007.

1. First time for me.

If you've been before, can you tell me if there is a swap meet :D
    or not:( ?

2. hillbilly hemi

hillbilly hemi

I've been there a bunch, and they have never had a swap meet. It's more of a craft sale kinda thing. It would be a great place for one, but people only bring new stuff and not very good stuff at that. It's right down the road from my house, hopefully it will be better than it usually is.
    Troy

3. No swap meet, but if you like forty Fords, and old stock cars, don't miss this show. I always enjoy it because the mountains are beautiful and so are the cars. Don't miss the Dawsonville Pool Hall.

4. When is it this year?

JH

5. This weekend,,same time as Charlotte Goodguys,,,HRP

6. Pickup Guy

Pickup Guy
    BANNED
    from USA

coming up this weekend
    Same weekend as Atlanta 500
    They have a parade. Car show - race cars and antiques. Crafts. Good food. the pool hall is a must see (like someone else said)... and I think? the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame is open again??

7. MidnightTrain

MidnightTrain
    from North Ga

Jesus, i live in dawsonville and have never been. I really need to get out more.

hillbilly hemi- Do you happen to have a misfits stencil on your new yorker?

8. Pickup Guy

Pickup Guy
    BANNED
    from USA

Gosh.. where do you live exactly. I live just over here in Gainesville

9. MidnightTrain

MidnightTrain
    from North Ga

'bout 10mins or less from the outlet malls.

10. hillbilly hemi

hillbilly hemi

Nope, no misfits sticker, just a Reverend Horton Heat, a Road Devils CC Support, Indian Larry, Lucky 13, Hank Williams Museum front plate, and my Rusty Nuts tail dragger.
    I live about ten minutes from the outlet mall too, toward Gainesville off 53..... huh.... small world.
    Troy

11. k9racer

k9racer

A must see. the whole town closes down. One guy from calif comes every year. He always brings a perfect wiskey hauler. Sort of a swap meet some of the local guys bring rusty wheels and axels and leave them in the back of their pickup trucks. always priced way to high. You can alwa laugh at the folks who have their dogs in a baby carrage. plus lots of others bring their dogs so be careful where you step..Go by the ga auto racing haul of fame booth . lots of old champions there.. Also Linda Vaughn Miss Hurst golden shifter has set up at the featival before. She does not let anyone know she just shows up,, She is from the cassville/ dawson area. On your way back to memphis stop by Huntsville alabama for our show party everything free.. 6001 pulaski pike.35810.............Bobby..

12. MidnightTrain

MidnightTrain
    from North Ga

ha,I drive up 53 towards gainesville twice a week for TIG classes.

mmm,i could have sworn I've seen it around. I didn't even know there was a club in town. Whats the story on the rusty Nuts?

13. Pickup Guy

Pickup Guy
    BANNED
    from USA

Hate I'm gonna miss the Moonshine festival...
    But,.. Gonna go to the Good Guys show in CHarlotte... Neber been to a "BIG" show,.. and it's the same weekend.
    If you go to the Moonshine deal...
    EVERYONE make sure to stop by one of the booths. Tell "VINCE" That CHRIS said HI. He' have a booth for next weeks car show and swap meet at Peach State Speedway (In Jefferson) and also for the World Crown 400 at Peach State Nov 9-11

14. If I had to choose between Charlotte and the Moonshine, I would choose the Moonshine. Smaller and it doesn't have a track to drive on, but I just like the atmosphere better.
    Been to both several times.

15. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

I'll be there. Be sure to take in the national Ford Galaxie club show thats being held in conjunction with the festival. Look for a red/black '66 428 tri-power with beer cans around it, you might see me.

16. Thanks!! We might just do that.

17. hillbilly hemi

hillbilly hemi

eh... not really a story, just three or four of us hungover on Sunday mornin of Dixie Fried a few years back decided to start a club. Now it's eight or nine buddies that consider anytime two or more of us are together drinkin a beer a club meeting. Thats about it.
    Where are you taking TIG classes?
    Troy

18. MidnightTrain

MidnightTrain
    from North Ga

I was taking them at the dawson lanier tech campus. But they stuck me in the Oakwood campus this semester.

Suppose this is a bump for the festival,it's today. I'll be there with the chick,in a little while. Maybe catch tomorrow for a bit too. Quite the late start,hah.

19. HOLEY MOLEY:eek: What an event! You guys were right! Thanks!

More 40's than I've ever seen in one place. :cool: Rods and resto's.
    Some with Cad engines; all types of flatties. One gen-u-ine 40 shine runner with a 2-4 Cad, also.

At least 20 restored or cloned vintage race cars, plus the Galaxie Owners national meet, with at least two with SOHC's, and about 50 60-65 Galaxies, with all kinds of big blocks. Also LOTS of 57-59 Fords with all kinds of power. One sweet 55-56 Merc with a 2-4 Cad

The old Hubert Platt match race Falcon, plus Junior Johnson, Bobby Allison, Phil Bonner and the stunning Linda Vaughan.:cool:

Sort of a swap meet. Scored a set of script SBC covers for $10, a SW NOS 60A gauge for $5, and over 60 American Rodders for $30;)

Perfect weather too. Took a couple hundred pics if somebody could resize them.

Every year from now on, for sure.:D

20. ratrod0

ratrod0

i was there and as always a great show i had my 35 ford vic, and my dad had his 32 5-window

21. MidnightTrain

MidnightTrain
    from North Ga

Did any one see that fuckin' abortion with no front brakes?

or the bagged model A with the giant air tank behind the rad.?

ugh.

yea i was keeping tally of the number of flatheads i saw. I lost count .

OT,but did anyone see a Beige '69 Beetle,with a roof rack,slammed in the front? It's my old car,and my chick thought she saw it right as we drove away,around 3:30-4. I've been trying to get ahold of the guy forever.

edit:HotrodA i'll resize them if you want.

**edit: I made a goal today. To have my model A built enough to drive to this event next year.