Register now to get rid of these ads!

the continuing saga of a boy and his HOT ROD (Bucket~Boy's low buck rod update-chop!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Aug 9, 2005.

1. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

wow..good to see that the future generations of hot rodding are off to such a good start..well,besides me
    creepy

2. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

thanks prick! :D right back at ya...

3. Pinball

Pinball
    from lowell, mi

holly shit! i go away for just 2 weeks and jake got that far! great job to both of you.

4. lucidalien

lucidalien

happy birthday pee face. truck looks good, i love the idea of using what you can find. i think i should take some hints from this and get started on my truck. :D

5. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

so when is yer ole lady comin over to give me my present?? :eek: :D :D

6. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Dude, his parents are SO gonna kill you!!! ;)

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

When that thing is done and he isn't the envy of all of his friends he's hanging with the wrong crowd. VERY few 16yo's get a hand built ride. I'm thinking the chicks are going to dig it to, at least the ones worth spending time with if your a "car guy".:cool:

Frank

8. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Damn, you dont know what you are doing to him. Hes gonna look up to you now... I would love to have an opportunity to have someone whos more knowledgable help me out. BTW that truck looks real good. If the chicks dont flock to that car theres something wrong with them. Probably the fact that their from michigan...

9. ironpile

ironpile

I wished my son had an interest in rods,but then again we don`t get along well when we work together. I love him like a son but he never wants to do things the way I want,then the war begins.LOL I also would like to help a young guy get started in rodding. Jerry:D

10. av8jon

av8jon

Man, you guys are still really making good progress. The floor really worked out neat and that chop job is looking great. This is such a great demonstration,......... the young man is learning so much.........plus all us folks watching and learning what can be done with very little if ya really put your mind to it!

Oh! No matter what Boyd says, don't box the rails......Blue Bear said that!!;)

Keep em comin,.........Your The Man!!

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

man i still like where we were heading with this one. the kid has a V8 and 4 speed lined up for it now but has'nt had much time or money to play with the thing lately. he's been fixin up his daily driver. i'd sur elike to see this one done!

12. Man,

Keep the updates and the progress comming!

Danny

13. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

i just think its cool that theres even kids really interested in working on cars now-a-days. i have a nephew and a couple of nieces all of which are more or less not even interested in driving. keep on being a motivating force for him.

15. Barrows

Barrows
    from Union ME

Any updates on this? It was looking great.

16. Noland

Noland

thats cool

youve done your good deed

17. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Project looks real good.Got any more updates on the build.

18. cretin

cretin

looking like a cool truck. Really cool your helping a young kid get into rods, but you guys gotta rethink those floorboards.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, it's so cool you helped introduce him into hot rods and ruin him for anything else!:D

I normally don't go for chopped up trucks, but the fact you took time out to teach a skill to a youngster and it's coming out so well done, makes it really bad ass.

Please update us!

20. tjm73

tjm73

Perfect proportions on the cab. Nice!

21. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Nice,...... keep'm away from the rice!