Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBANDY update.......october 26

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Oct 26, 2007.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey guys,

Sorry im late with updates........after moving out of my house i am nutz deep in building another one and would like it to be shelled in before snow..........

So.........

Andy is home from the Janeway and is waiting more follow ups from the Dr's. He is experiencing some pain in his arm and they are trying to address that. But he is still a tough kid!

He will be traveling to Cali for cyberknife on the 6th (i believe thats the date) and will have a short stay.......think it is around 2 weeks but will confirm for you.

We still have a ton of gift boxes for him to open and i will post pics as they are opened. As well we are still hung up on some parts to arrive, but im sure they will.

I believe it is Stanford that Andy will be getting treatment at. So for those locals in the area, it is a chance to meet a great inspiration. So lets get those fingers crossed that he does well there and some of you can hang with "the kid"

Again..................sorry for the delays in the posts.

Regards
    Leon

2. moses

moses

thank's for the update been wondering how he was doing jeffrey

3. Thanks for the heads up.

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the update Leon. I know all to well how a new house build can screw up a schedule. Good to hear he's still on the mend and those little speedbumps can be expected when you go through as much as Andy has. We'll keep praying on this end and let he doctors do their thing to finish this ordeal up.

Frank

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Good to hear he's doing a little better. Hope that arm settles down soon.

As far as the parts holdup goes...I'm tied up at the moment anyway, starting an engine changeover on my "new" winter beater 4x4 Blazer tomorrow!
    Ran like a top...spent money on new brakes/tires/refinished the wheels etc...engine starts to knock as soon as it was finished! Sigh....
    Had to buy a full donor vehicle...now I gotta pull TWO 4.3 engines...and those things are wedged in there. :(
    Man...I HATE working on late model crap, especially when its unexpected like this!
    It never ends...

6. kwiksilver

kwiksilver

Thanks, keep us posted. Hey Andy!

7. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

glad to hear your back home andy...be cool

8. noboD

noboD

Leon, Thanks for the update.

9. old beet

old beet

Thanks for the info, Leon. Hope ANDY is doing well! If you need anything, just holler. We are still prayin for ANDY!!!!......OLDBEET

10. bigken

bigken

Great news, let's keep the prayers going, seem to be working.

11. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Glad 2 hear update! Anyone know what size T shirt Andy would take?
    Pontiac Slim

12. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Leon, tell my little buddy to hang in there and that I am sending him something that will definitely keep that great smile of his on his face.

13. elcornus

elcornus

Thanks for the update Leon!

Sooo good to hear he's doing well;)

How does ANDY like the coulmn drop???

Eric

14. caddydave

caddydave

Leon,

If Andy is coming to Stanford and is able to leave the hospital, I work for the largest private tank and armored vehicle collection in the world and we are only about 15 minutes from Stanford. We have a pretty cool work shop, tanks, armored cars, engines, guns , etc. If Andy is able to leave the hospital I can give him a tour.

My mom has also worked for Stanford for almost 40 years and I know the area really well. I am familiar with the hospital and the cyber-knife procedure as they treated my girlfriend about three years ago. If Andy or his family needs anything, i.e non- hospital food, etc...I am only a few minutes away.

Let me know if I can help, DAVE

15. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey Everyone

Slim, i would say large is best for Andy

Eric, that drop is the bomb! I drooled over it for a 1/2 or so before i passed it back. Only one word for drop..........dabomb!

Dave, i will pass the info on to Andy. I believe they have a few days to kill. And im sure Chris has a ton of questions bout cyberknife. And ya know a tank tour would rock.......i will mention forsure.

I hope to hook up with Andy in next day or so, and as i get pics and info you guys will see a post.

Thanks
    Leon

16. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Leon and Andy, Thanks for the updfates. Our prayers continue to go out for you and your family. Andy's one TUFF little Hombre ! The ;ight at the end of the tunnel is coming up !

41 Dave

17. Crestliner

Crestliner

Thanks for the up date. Hang in there Andy.

18. atch

atch

leon - thanx for the update.

andy - keep it up with the good recovery progress. prayers still coming from columbia...

19. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Andy, Keep the faith you will pull through all of this......God Bless

20. caddydave

caddydave

If it they have the time maybe we could organize a cruise / car show up to my work. I would think that cruising up there in something old would be way cooler than the trip in some random rental car. My schedule is really flexible, so I'm really open depending on their plans.

Here's a clip of a recent documentary that was aired about one of our primary projects.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AvS39D0q1w

here's a link to photos of the museum

http://www.snafu.org/saturday/2007/tank/
    and

http://mishalov.net/military-vehicles/military-vehicles.html

I hope we can work something out, I think it would be a pretty good distraction.. Thanks DAVE

21. Thanks for the update! Still praying!!

22. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Right on.. Chris was tellin me that those folks at stanford should take good care of our boy... Hopefully this will be the Home stretch!

23. jambottle

jambottle

sounds like the man is on the mend!thats great news.
    we are going down to the thompson swap meet this weekend,are there any other parts still needed for for the hambandy build?we are going to try to hit bristol too.