Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why not? Another HCPU post.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greendream, Oct 17, 2007.

1. greendream

greendream

Well, It was my first time. I was amazed with how great of a show this really is. It is my new favorite show. Awesome people. Badass cars. Great time all around. I didn't get there until Sat morning. I heard that Fool's was pretty fun Friday night, so maybe I'll go there next time. Fool's was a pretty cool hangout on Saturday. And I've got to say that there is only one thing I would change about the show. That would be having it be a 2 day show. Also, it's my own fault for not figuring this out before, but where was the PBR?? I saw the cases sitting near the stage area. But never found out when or where they we're giving 'em away. Well, enough of my rambling. I've got some pics uploaded. I might get to putting some more up, but it's just a little peek at this awesome show.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind....viewPicture&friendID=8358263&albumId=1214553

2. rocknutts

rocknutts

My first time as well, Will probably make it a 4 day visit as I missed Fools on Sat. night. someday I'll bring something more exciting than my 96 Roadmaster!

3. Been to all of them except the first one. certainly one of my favorite events. Very low key and never have met a stranger. the only drawback for me is 5:00pm on Saturday comes before I realize it. The next thing I know it is time to leave the fairgrounds and I only saw half the cars and got to talk to less than 30% of the people I wanted to.

Every year I'm able to talk some one I know into going to the Pile Up. They tell five more who come the next year who each tell five more..... I think we all have a tendancy to do that, thus the success the Pile UP has seen in the drastic numbers of cars and spectators.

I can't think of another outdoor car event in the US that can match the growth by percentile the Pile Up has.

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

No thanks! It's way too much work just to put on a 1 day show!! Adding days will just make it feel like a GoodGuys event and encourage people to break out the lawn chairs

That's where the beer was! It was on all the maps we had posted all over the Fairgrounds. All 900 cans of PBR were gone in 34 minutes!!

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If you enjoyed Saturday nite, Friday nite will blow you away. More then twice as many people and cars I think.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It was being handed out right next to the T-shirt sales

[​IMG]

7. Billy_Bottle_Caps

Billy_Bottle_Caps

I got 2 beers, thanks guys! this was my 3rd HCPU, and the best one yet! Can't wait until next year.

Billy

8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

It was my first time also ( was Breeder handing out PBR's or stuffing them in his pocket ) What a great time !!!!!! I disagree with you on the two days though, think it would take away from the downtown scene and Fools Bar which was a huge part of the whole thing for me. Gary

9. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

I vaguely recall licking the asphalt now that I saw the picture, but I can't remember why. Weird night.

10. GirardsSpeedShop47

GirardsSpeedShop47

Yet another happy first timer! I had a blast. I wish I could have went down town friday night, I was there but we had all of our stuff in the back of the truck and had no place to unload it. So we ended up in the sleeping bags at 8:30 at the Fairgrounds.

Here is a link to some of my photo's on MySpace.

Thanks to all involved in putting the show on.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=73770421

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

Girard, you could've hung out downtown or in the hotel parking lots with everyone else until you were ready to sleep. No one would've messed with your stuff... especially if you were hanging out next to it!

12. GirardsSpeedShop47

GirardsSpeedShop47

Ya, I will be a little better prapaired next year weather we get a room or I just wont bring as much crap.

13. greendream

greendream

Ok, I'll sum it all up. Next year I'll be ready and waiting for the PBR. I didn't think they would all be gone in 34 mins! But then again, it's PBR and FREE. I'm going to the bar Friday night next year.

John, I'm not sure why you did either, but it was awesome. lol

And I do understand what you mean Hellfish. It's badass the way it is. I'm just going to have to come Friday night so it will to last longer.

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

15. Let me get this straight - I park cars for 2 hours, plus being there an hour and half before the gates open and I get to listen to some latecomers whine "I wanna park with my club and they're way over there...wah wah" when they could get their hungover asses outta bed in time to ride down with their club...

Now Breeder gets to hand out beer like a hero :D and all it takes is 34 minutes! Geez, I'm volunteering for the wrong thing!! :eek: Oh well, I got a free beer so I guess it all worked out in the end.

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

it tause eyem pecual mark!:D :D

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

that was worth a free beer, wasn't it Mike? :D

18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

and if not that id thought the spoonin would have been enough! mike, you said youd call!:(