Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bakersfied CHRR questions....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49ratfink, Oct 10, 2007.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I went for the first time last year. left here on friday afternoon, stayed in a hotel Friday night and went to the show at 8:00 A.M. and left after the cacklefest.

this year we got a room friday and saturday. so I'd like to know what goes on friday, and what time does anything start happening? we're thinking of leaving at 8:00 and figure an arrival time of about 11:00. does that sound too early or too late or just right?? is the swap meet going on Friday??

another question about sunday. what time do things start to wind down? last year they ran the Funnycars on sunday, so we missed that. other than that I don't know what to expect.

one more thing... what's the weather forcast look like? might be a little damp here in the Bay Area...

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Go to:
    www.nhra.com
    on the right side of the home page, click on the logo for the reunion,, then click on the Famosa reunion 2007...there is a list of related topics to click on, one of which is the schedule of events
    Track opens at 8AM on Friday, etc....

3. seldom scene

seldom scene

Are you bringing a car or are you a spectator? If you are bringig a car you want to be in line early in the morning to get a good place to park.
    If you are not driving then there is no hurry.
    Bakersfield can get hot, bring a good shade hat, and be careful drinking too much barley juice, it can creep up on you fast.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

barley juice no longer has any effect on me. it's the 2 shots of whiskey for each beer that seems to have evil effects.

thanks for the link

5. maxspeedracing

maxspeedracing

By the way, the best place to park for spectators and extra crew cars, is OUTSIDE the fence on the grass.

Especially Saturday after the cackle.

Sunday is no problem getting out after top fuel final. It's pretty empty by then, and only die hards are left.

6. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

friday things start to happen laid back day but good time to hit swap sat gets busy practice and qualifiying fri then fri nite is party at host hotel bakersfield neat to see lots cars they fire up some cars at hotel had lot of fun at hotel last year with chainsaw margarita maker head still hurts

7. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

I plan on attending for the first time. Anyone know how much it costs for spectators?

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

where's the host hotel/party??

how's the weather look???

9. Party hotel Friday is the Red Lion. Well worth going. This year will be an amazing time as there are more than 40 funnycars tring to get into a 16 car show. Ron Capps will be piloting my Viper brother's N/FC. The bad ass 15oz Coupe should make it's first serious pass since 1962. Hoping for a 6 second shot!!! I'm finishing up a batch of my infamous Hydrazine Flash Chili, as I type this. The house smells really good.

Weather Friday has some rain in the afternoon. I have no windows or wipers. If I get there, then so should you all.

10. Its $55 for the weekend, $5 discount if your a Triple A member, call in advance for tickets & pick em up at Will Call, you get a goodie bag, dash plaque & the tickets are cool too.

Call 1800 884 NHRA for tix...

See ya there :D

11. maxspeedracing

maxspeedracing

The pits are going to be full with that!

12. No Shit. Plus the N/TF gang, the hot rods, the NE1,2 and 3 bunch, A&B fuel (many special cars this year) the cacklefesters. This is the Woodstock of dragracing. Let's all hope for a safe time with NO crashes and minimum oildowns so everyone can get a pass in.

13. Diablo Artwerks

Diablo Artwerks
    from Bako

I think the weather will be fine. Its been very mild here the last couple of days, right about the hi 70s to low 80s. If ya'll get a chance cruise by and check out the store or if ya need anything striped come on by. Haus of Kulture 411 E.19th st. Bako, 661-328-0266, we are just east of Union Ave about a mile or two SE of Kiwi Konnection. We'll be open late on saturday usually just hangin out just before Squeeks party. I dont know if we'll make it out to the show, we will be moving up the street to a 30s gas station next month. I'll throw pics up later.

14. I'm coming all the way from Kuwait. It better not rain.

15. old beet

old beet

Latest weather report this AM, 78 and sunny............OLDBEET

16. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

one more thing... what's the weather forcast look like? might be a little damp here in the Bay Area...[/quote]

isn't it always wet in s.f.?

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

isn't it always wet in s.f.?[/quote]

BAY AREA.. while it is just about always a bit damp in the City of San Francisco due to having the ocean on one side and the bay on the other, the bay area encompasses a large area, I'm over on the south east side of the bay, and we have great weather here. it could be foggy and cold in S.F., and 75 and sunny over here.

18. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Dave, thanks for the info. --Andrew

19. Friday all day has 90% of everything that Saturday does, except the crowds. Friday night, i hear it's a big hangout at the Doubletree Inn on Rosedale/178, just west of the 99. I know for sure at least 1 fuel altered will fire in the parking lot there Friday night. Saturday night, Kiwi Konnections big party east a couple miles on the 178 from there

20. zombie

zombie

friday night, there will be a big tadoo at amestoys with some bands and stuff. i think a lot of the locals are headed up there. so far weather is perfect.

21. Mike

Mike

We got clued in about the Amestoys gig by some local freinds, so a bunch of us Phoenix goons headed over. The bar itself is a really cool old place, but our experience there pretty much sucked. The bartender in the main bar was kind of a femme boy and was totally rude, though the chicks selling beer in the other room were nice. The band spent a good 45 min. doing the warm up/check check deal and when they actually started playing, they played in three different keys and way too loud for the size of the room. The straw that broke the camels back was when this short, shaven headed sort of muscley guy who worked there ordered my buddy, without any explaination and after we'd been there nearly an hour, to turn his backwards baseball cap around. My buddy complied, but turned it back around a short time later. When the little, bald, rude fucker noticed this, he grabbed my buddy's hat right off of his head and shoved it in his chest, again with no explanation. After all this shit, we learned that there is a long standing rule at Amestoys not allowing back to front hats. Things would have gone a lot better if shorty would have explained this, rather than beeing a complete twat.

My first impression of this joint was not a good one. Rude help, crap band, but it wasn't a total loss, I did get to say hi to Skippy and his Mrs.

22. Mike, as always, it was great to see you guys, I agree with you on all counts, and people in this town wonder why I don't like Amestoy's :cool:

23. Shoprag

Shoprag

Yeah whatever skip, I sure seen urself dancin around havin a good ol time. Bo the bouncer shoulda been more informed that there were gonna be people from outta town, so he coulda been alitte more "polite" lol and if he told you to turn it around thats better then what big Frank woulda told him. I think skip doesn't go to Amestoys because he's gettin old!!!