Register now to get rid of these ads!

Would someone Photoshop a 4"chop on this 48 Linc?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movin/on, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Sorry but all I have is a rear 3/4 view. The car is now packed in my workshop & no way could I get a side view.

I want to slant the windshield but cut the rear glass. All of the glass is flat.

Attached Files:

2. Here's what Alleyoop from 250 miles up the coast came up with!

Thanks great job, except the Lincoln was the "first Continental" so I'll be keeping the rear spare.

I thought that a 3/4 view would be impossible but he even sectioned some of the top so the chop was not so drammatic.

FYI the side windows are 16" high & 30" long so his 3" chop is way better than 4" i requested. Now i have to deal with is cutting welding all of the stainless on the 1/4 windows

Thanks again. Alleyoop. Great job!!!!

Attached Files:

3. street454

street454

Here ya go! Hope it works. Mark

Attached Files:

4. Rikster

Rikster

After spending way to much time painting our stairs and kitchen I was in need of a real chalange... So here is my version.

as is...

[​IMG]

And my version with laid back windshield. Chopped top, more in the back and the trunk pie-cut sectioned. The back portion of the top is moved foreward and the rear window is left stock height. The trunk has its hinges moved to the inside and the spare tire is lowered a bit to fit the sectioned trunk better. easy in Photoshop.... Lots of work in reality, but it would look so cool...

[​IMG]

Edited:
    After looking at it for a while I felt the back end was a bit to bussy, so I reworked it a little...

[​IMG]

5. GaryC.

GaryC.

here's a front view.
    hope it helps.

Attached Files:

6. Big Tony

Big Tony

Sweet ...chop it

7. Rikster

Rikster

8. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

perfect Rikster!,,perfect!

9. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Beautiful. That's the one to go with, right there movin/on. :D

10. Yes Rikster really hit it right with his 2nd mod. the car looks like it was designed to have the modification. Driving it in stock form feels like you are in a warehouse since the roof is so high. The sloping rear deck makes a sleek statement.

Looked closely at the body yesterday & the rear window does curve across the body so i'll leave it intact. The Pie cut in the sides of the trunk will not be much of a challenge since they are wider at the fenders, at least thats relatively flat metal. Chopping the roof won't be a picnic though.

Front wires are a pair of KO Zenith wires & i still have the Lincoln front drums behind them so a pair of solid wheels & caps similar to those he added will be included

I'll be chopping it next summer after i finish some other projects.

Rikster thanks for the insight & artistry

11. Carson style to add to the mix and bump it back to the top.

Attached Files:

12. Those back lights - they´ve got to go! Use some vertically installed bubble lenses or some sort to fill some of the vertical space on the rear wings. They are just too angular to get away with removing the lights entirely, or even moving them down.
    I also "couped" it a little more by thickening the C pillars and losing that wierd rear quarterlight.
    And Cad sombrero caps, which are just the best caps ever made.

[​IMG]

13. danagamer

danagamer

Why stop at 4"?[​IMG]

14. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

what about extending the rear quaters and sloping the deck lid?

15. Crestliner

Crestliner

Why not use a Lincoln coupe? The rear and roof is slooped. In my opinion make a better custom.

Attached Files:

16. Rikster

Rikster

I have to agree with James D about the rear quarter windows. Although I feel that his C pillar are now a little to wide. They do look good, but in my eyes take away to much from the original design.
    In the version below I removed the vent window and moved the C-Pillar foreward a little.
    As for the taillights. Yes the originals do sit to high and can be moved down a bit. The radious of the new to created rear fender top mimmics the radious of the front fender. And the horizontal chrome trim was shortened a few inches and the top one now sits level with the top of the fender skirt. Lowering it more looks weird, and takes to much away of the original design.
    As for the bubble lenses. They might look good on a lot of customs but in my opinion not on a high end custom car based on this 48 Lincoln. That needs a bit more than that.
    Same goes for the Caddy Hubcaps. I agree with James D that those are one of the best looking hubcaps ever designed. But for this custom not the right choice. I choose the Hollywood Ripple disks becuase they where designed for high end coachbuilt cars from the 40's. and they are not just a part from another car. A set of single bar flippers on ripple disk could also work. But I always liked these and how they where used on some of the Coachcraft cars. They just add class to this custom, just like it needs some more chrome than the "average" custom.

[​IMG]

17. roddinron

roddinron

Rikster's ideas are spot on for this car, it's perfect, classy! And danagamer, I think your picture illustrates perfectly why he should stop at 4".

18. Dropping those taillights really made a dramatic difference. You have a good eye, Rikster

19. Tony

Tony

Rikster you really did a hell of a job with that photoshop!
    I may get hell for this, but those Lincoln's have never done anything for me stock. For some reason they look out of proportion to me, and generally ugly. Again, this is JUST my opinion which means nada..:)
    BUT, with the mod's you did to it, especially the nice chop with the back window leaned forward did so much for the overall look and proportion's of that car.
    It's amazing to me..
    VERY good eye with this one for sure!

Now, i'd love to see it done :D:D

Tony

20. Ok Ok But keep the ideas comming.

Rikster seems to have the Lincoln nailed. I might invite him over to Oregon to see the result of the chop & the Northern coast. Details next year. If I sell my Michigan House I'll even pay.

12" chop is way to much thanks Danagamer !!! LOL

I do want to keep the classic character of the car so a Carson top looks good and even the taillight mod: but no way, the car is original even the interior is exceptioal dead stock, leather seats, power hydraulic windows,steerig wheel, etc...except had a 325 Caddy & was not streetable due to cooling problems. Deep sixed that & now has a 351 windsor & C6. this winter it gets a narrow 9" with 5.5 bolt pattern. The Lincoln rear is slated for a 31 roadster with really tall tires on widened 16" wires. (Current project)

Thanks again everyone.

Still need a Latham manifold for a SBC or an FE.

21. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Can I come too? After all, it is really MY picture. That Rikster guy just stole it from me. See...:D

[​IMG]

22. Ok Slammed88 your invited: but bring some beer from Kelona BC.

Eh!!!!

I've skied (snow) all over Alberta & BC and really enjoyed the beer, almost as much as the skiing.

Cars are my gig now.

23. Wow!! What a dramatic improvement.

Bryan

24. Thats what I was after - the original design won´t win any beauty contests!

I tried them where you have them - wasn´t working for me. Lowering them more looked really bad though.

Those ripple caps just look like some chintzy "Briz" caps to me, or something from Moon. Sorry!:D

Still, its all down to personal taste in the end. I´m really impressed how good this is starting to look, considering the base material.

25. Rikster

Rikster

Coachcraft built cars like the once below made me use the ripple disk hubcaps on the 48 Lincoln. And yes there are cheap repro's available now. But to me they just look classic :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Nice job Rikster.How to build a kustom on the HAMB.Great design.I would consider dropping the continental kit a few inches and lose the exhaust pipes then re-route them through the rear bumper guard bullets. That would clean up the back a little nicer and give it a neat little treatment that is subtle yet effective. Time-Bomb John

www.timebombs.ca

27. roddinron

roddinron

Here's my contribution. I think the lower bumper, continental kit is an improvement. Good call time bomb John. And Rikster, I agree completely on the caps, they're perfect on that car. Now let's turn it around, and do the front.

Attached Files:

28. GaryC showed a front view of another 42-48 Lincoln (I think His picture was a 46-48 same as mine due to the running lights). I think the front is perfect because it was built for a V-12 Flathead and long & low. His picture looks like it was streched ,looks longer than mine.

How would you put the final Rikster car redue with the front end shown by GaryC?????

By the way i did look at the tail light region and right below the lights the body really widens. So I either ruin a pair of perfect dicast lights, find another pair to cut or install some verticle lights as recommeded.

I haven't even touched the car for mods & now have to re-evaluate.

Better safe than sorry. At least i'm not looking for a Zepher 3 window roof!!!!!

29. Ok, how about using some of the earlier style rear fenders? Much more attractive IMHO. They may even bolt right on.

[​IMG]

30. Here are some of the previous modifications on the blue car. No way you want to chop 4". Its much too much. Could chop it a little more than I´ve shown though. It may be tough to lower the spare wheel very much also. But hey, its all possible in photoshop!

[​IMG]