Register now to get rid of these ads!

need help finding info on old company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theracedude, Oct 13, 2007.

1. theracedude

theracedude

i am looking for info on

acme sales co.
    6151 s.state st
    chicago, illinois 60621

the use to rebuild distributors and water pumps in the 70's,
    i have some but cant figure out whats what. i am looking for some kind of parts list to id them. anyone good on searching the web for that stuff? thanks, randy

2. Notorious

Notorious

Check with Wile E. Coyote, he's been known to use a lot of their products.....

Ah come on, you knew someone was gonna say it. ;)

3. theracedude

theracedude

thats the same thing i kept thinking too. i keep saying "beep beep" and my wife pushed a bolder off a cliff and tried to smash me but i was too fast...

4. Best bet is going to be to watch eBay, flea markets, auctions and so forth and look for boxes of old car catalogs. Sometimes you can buy whole boxes of old parts catalogs for a dollar or two. Even if you lose out, the winner might sell you the Acme one for a couple bucks.

The other thing to do would be to try and find any older garages or parts stores - or even junkyards, if they exist anymore in FL - and see if any of them have an Acme catalog. Given it's obsolete, they might even give it to you free.

5. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

A friend of mine has a ton of old stock water pumps, and he is near Chicago, he may be able to help. Call Tom at 708-754-7600. Alot of the manufacturers actually use the same part numbers, so that may help too.

6. Notorious

Notorious

That's why I have so many ex-wives, trying to stay a step ahead! ;) Sent you a PM that I hope may be of some help.