Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fired her up the fist time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stovebolt 6, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Stovebolt 6

Stovebolt 6

Yesteday we fired the new rebuild 261 up the first time.
    Sounds like a WWII fighter plane - cool.

The Demon carb is there only for a view weeks to check mileage and power - so I have a reference when I bolt the Fish carb on

Have a look: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_p8FmwAVuiA

Frank

2. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sounds healthy!

3. kustomkolin

kustomkolin
    from Herts UK

Its great to fire up for the first time,stupid grins all round,lol.(I`m wearing one of those grins myself this morning)That sounds great Frank.Cheers,Kol.

4. Stovebolt 6

Stovebolt 6

kustomkolin is in the UK and at about the same time zone as here in Germany, but it´s about 3 o clock in the morning in California right?

Are you working nightshift fur biscuit? I always wonder at what time you guys hanging in front of the HAMB :)

Frank

5. GrantH

GrantH

It's 4AM here, saying your posted at 2:50 AM. I'm central. West coast is I believe 3 hours behind. So it would be like 1 AM there. right now...

Engine sounds damn good.

6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Down boy, Down!!1

Fantastic, and its good to see all the smiles, I bet they lasted for miles and miles ;)

7. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hot Damn!! She sounds great!! Lookin good as well!! Keep up the super work-Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

8. bigken

bigken

Congrats..................good job.

9. Stovebolt 6

Stovebolt 6

O.K. I confess it - I did it.

I looked at this ulcer of a Demon carb this morning, lost my nerves and despite my plan to drive it for a while I ripped it off and bolted the Fish M3 on.

OHMYGAWD what a difference!
    Feels like a completley different Engine.
    Purrs like a cat, smooth, silky in idle but if you tuch the pedal - unleash hell.

Never seen such response and brut raw power out of a Inline 6. It blew my of my socks.

I will make some pictures on Thursday.

Frank

10. Big Tony

Big Tony

Got to, got to, got to luv it....well done man

11. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Boy, did that stir up some ghosts for me - AWESOME! Ran 261's in oval track stockcars ( '52 and '55 Chevs) back in '67 and '68. Just reground cams and split manifolds in basically stock engines but yeah, they sounded like fighter planes! Thanks for the video - made my day! Regards, Dave.