Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Anyone from Sasebo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CGkidd, Sep 30, 2007.

1. CGkidd

CGkidd

Is there anyone in the Sasebo area of japan on here? I am pulling in there soon and am trying to find something to do besides drink that is.

Eric

2. I will be going there tomorrow for an overnight trip... I think drink is the accepted pastime although...

3. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

I assume you're in the Navy? Go to the base MWR and sign up for some sightseeing tours. I recommend the bus trip to Nagasaki to see the Atomic Bomb museum. Very moving, if a bit biased. We also did a walking tour of the city which featured a visit to a centuries-old Chinese temple and a tortoise-shell jewelry store frequented by Czar Nicholas II of Russia; they still had photos of him and the big silver coins he spent there. Finally there was a high tram ride to the top of Nagasaki's highest peak which offered commmanding views of the city.

The Sasebo area itself has a rural, small-town flavor. Try some Japanese food; the restaurants are reasonably priced and the food is usually terrific. Wash it down with a big bottle of Kirin beer.

I did a couple of reserve annual training assignments there. I had a lot of fun and would go again in a heartbeat. Sure beats THIS place! :D

4. CGkidd

CGkidd

No Squid here I am a Coastie. We will only be in for three days I was planning on trying to get to Nagasaki to check out the memorial.

5. Miss ya Fool!

Hope all is well you Puddle Pirate.....I sure do envy you though...all them Pretty Japanese girls....droool!

6. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

I pulled in there once when I was on the Ranger. I wasn't impressed. Thailand is much better than Japan, if you get my drift. ;)
    Try to stay out of this club. It's highly over rated! :eek: pigpen

[​IMG]

7. 6-71

6-71

8. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA