Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your first car??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruzr, Mar 3, 2006.

1. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

63 1/2 Galaxie 500. First one sold to my Dad in Ventura County. The dealership asked him if he could leave it there for awhile as it was the only one they had at the time and wanted to show other customers.
    Wish I still had that car. Been thinking of finding another one. I remember it had a 390. Man that car drove smooth. Sorry about the lousy pic.

BR

Attached Files:

2. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

67 Oldsmobile 442, 400 cu in, 350 HP, 4-speed buckets, red, black interior. I'll never get over selling that car.
    $500 .
    The darn gas tank left me at about 60 MPH in Ft. Worth, TX.
    This was before the repair panels were avalible and I couldn't fix it then anyhow.:(

3. B-Man

B-Man

I got a '68 Nova Moredoor for Christmas just before my 16th b'day. It got a paint job, rally wheels and new interior. But it was still a family car. I moved on to somethign cooler and my brother let some douchebag drive it. He T-boned another car, and took out a telephone pole. Had a 250 and a powerglide. Broke the bellhouseing "ears" off the engine and cracked the trans. Had about 60,000 miles on the car. I kept it for a long time after that, but gave up on trying to save it. If I had waited another few years, I would be driving it now. Sold it for $300 and I threw in another engine that ran and it had a straight front clip on it.

4. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

My first car was 1995 Geo Metro.....:D

My first classic car 1950 shoebox ford:cool:

5. jhmagill

jhmagill

1953 F100. I bought it in 1977 when I was 15. $100.00. Put in a 352 ci from an old town police car. Loved that truck.

Starting my son out right. His is an 81 El Camino. He's 17.

6. JJK

JJK

65 buick riviera still , ballin

7. lostinmiself

lostinmiself

So I have no car....yet my dad says I get a 1964 Impala, but we will see. He has so many cars that we can not get another one. BUT....I would like a 1950 or 1951 Chevy Fleetline, or a 1963 Caddy....I can only WISH..........:rolleyes:

8. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Not sure…
    My dad used my saving to buy a -56 Opel convertible, or was that the Austin a 35 or the Jeep stationwagon… He said they were my cars but sold them just tha same…
    The first I got was for myself was a -58 Metropolitan, Still got it 23 years later. Same condition too…

9. Lil' Lance

Lil' Lance

1965 ford fairlane, 289, c4, and flamethrowers.
    still got it, and still drive her.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  10. 40chev

40chev

a 63 fairlane 500 sport coupe which I brought home in boxes one morning, when my parents looked out the window I think they about passed out....a year and a half later and I was driving it.....Drove it about 5 months and traded it for a 64 dodge Polara which I traded off a few years later to a buddy of mine, as far as I know he still has it setting next to a 37 Ply coupe that he hasn't driven since about 1978...

11. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

[​IMG]

Posted several times. Got the car when I was 14 out of my grandpa's barn. Was my mom's in high school. Daily driver ever since. Numbers matching, original interior, etc.. 250, power glide. It had 56k on it when I got it. Just rolled over the 100k mark in august.

12. 55cad

55cad

68 Plymouth Fury III 383, 2 door. Red with red interior after lowering blocks and torsion bar adjustments, it made a great lowrider/cruiser. Besides, you can fit a lot of chicks in it.

13. jj mack

jj mack

I tought I had it bad 82 subaru 4wheel drive station wagon. I totaled it the first week I had it, got rear ended a red light. How could it get worse? My dad replaced it with a totaled 82 Subaru 4 wheel drive station wagon that he bought back from the insurance company for $200 bucks, added a few trailer tail lights and it was all mine.

Taught me that things can always be worse....

14. damdog

damdog

65 Buick Skylark 2 dr sedan, formerly Grandma's car..she didn't drive it much, so when I got it in my senior year of HS in 1978 it hadn't suffered too much in the Upstate NY road salt... had a v-6 and a power steering system that made you feel like you were floating more than steering it...

15. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Got my first car for HS graduation, it was a white over silver blue '63 Impala Sport Coupe with a 283/PG. My sister gave it to me, it belonged to her and her fiance while they were in college. It had been parked in his parents pasture for two years and was sunk up to the rims, all 4 mismatched bald tires were flat, the interior was full of trash and mice and the 283 was DOA but it was MINE! :cool: I dunked a '64 327 in it, put new rear springs, shocks, dual exhaust and tires on it. The second day I had it running my Dad backed into the front of it and creamed the DS fender, he didn't even offer to fix it! :mad: The 327 smoked almost as bad as the old 283 and only lasted about 6 weeks. I finally gave up on it and bought a '64 Impala and transferred everything over to it thern yanked the 327 and sold the '63 for scrap, got $20 for it. Wish I had it now............

16. Al Von

Al Von

1972 Plymouth Fury III. Mom helped me pay the $250 for it in 1980. 4 doors, dark green, 318 auto. Bald tires, slipping tranny, rotted quarters. Typical Cleveland-area car that rotted away and was scrapped with only 73K miles.

17. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

My 1st car was a Navy blue 49 Ford 2 door sedan with a 239 flathead V8, dual pipes, 3 speed on the column, Columbia overdrive rearend, and wide whites. Bought for the hefty sum of $85.00 cash. I was slicing beef after school at a local smorgasbord resturant. Man, was I proud of that shoebox! It didn't have an ounce of rust on it either! The paint was faded, so I spent the 1st few days polishing and buffing it out. Those really were the days!

18. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

An early 70's Gremlin X with a badass straight 6 and a Levi jeans interior...... From the FACTORY!:eek: