Register now to get rid of these ads!

Son of Godzilla update - 5/15/07

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jangleguy, May 15, 2007.

1. tomcat46

tomcat46

As long as you're thinkin' about it:rolleyes: .
    I'm still working on uploading the pictures I shot of the Gosson Bros.
    Here's something to whet your appetite.

Tom

[​IMG]

2. vwhabit

vwhabit

WOW! Keep those pic's coming guys! It's almost like bein' there (to those of us who weren't! dang!).

Great job to all who made it work!!! This is what hot roddin' is all about!

Now, about that kraut can beatin' the Morris..................ha-ha

3. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Thought I should add;
    There are still support shirts available..
    Everybody step up who didn't before the big push and lets help Scotty repair this old girl now after the salt punishment!!

4. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hey, thanks for posting pix, guys! Here's the hot skinny poop on mine (that Nate posted back on Page 18):

1. Ready to pull the pin - when the door latch broke...

2. Me (L) and CC (R). Photo by Janglegal

3. Driving through the Klamath Falls area

4. Driving through Nevada

5. Security breach in Wendover L-R: CC, Rocky, 2bridges

6. The guys at the old Sinclair station, mounting our new rubber

7. The scene out in front of the station (looks just like this, where ever we go)

8. Finally touching tire to salt, after waiting since 1996 (an emotional moment)

9. Waiting in tech line

10. Traditional salt pose

11. Racing 2bridges across the salt - I totally kicked his ass!!!

12. Pit sweet pit - an oasis on the salt

13. USFRA Official, saying "The course is yours"

14. CC, getting up a good head of steam

15. CC after his top secret 140+ run

Thanks again for posting these, Nate. And Tomcat, if that teaser is any indication, your shots are killer! Can't wait to see more.....

5. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Totally rad. Sounds like you will be back next year. I need to go do laundry so I can wear my zilla crew shirt again.

6. "11. Racing 2bridges across the salt - I totally kicked his ass!!!"
    Uhhh....the jig is up, Jangleguy. I was the crewchief for the 2-Bridges car and I was also there to witness the Morris go 134 with Jangleguy driving.....[an illegal] 140 with his crewchief driving......we, [2 Bridges Porsche entry] went an official 156.998 MPH.....
    We officially kicked yer ass!
    Heh heh....
    PS...just got home this evening....gotta go to work tomorrow am...I'm tired but happy we got into the 150 MPH club...many photos to follow..
    Thanks again Tom for all the help..

7. 2bridges

2bridges
    from NE

What a total blast. Don't know if I have ever had that much fun..... EVER!

My gums are sunburned from smiling so much.
    We struggled and pulled out every trick in the book, but under Rocky's crew chief leadership
    our Fastest run was 156.99580 out the back door!!! OH HELL YEAH!!!

Freckles Made 9 runs in total.
    1st run: 130MPH - required 125mph initial run. WOW! Salt is very different car wanders all over the track with the chubby 225 and 245 tires. What a handful. "Fastest" 130 I have ever driven in my life.
    2nd run: 145 - backed it off at the 1 mile as 130 approached - don't want to go that fast on the salt longer than needed, still getting comfortable on salt. Car wanders everywhere but pulled strong - felt like lots left
    3rd run: 148.79 (150.66 @ 3 mile)
    4th run: 148.49 (150.438 @ 3mile)
    Got verbally accosted over the radio for running out the back door (to the 3 mile) - officials not amused and want shutdown after the 2.25 mile. Fine. THANKS CREW CHIEF! :rolleyes: <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>hahahaha
    Opened exhaust, attempted boost increase, BlowOffValve spring change
    5th run: 145.5 - with a light headwind - no change in boost
    swapped 1" skinnier tires on all corners and increased tire pressure
    6th run: 147.37
    It is obvious we need to get aggressive to get this done..... SO
    Off with the wipers, outside mirrors, door panels, speakers, passenger seat, hatch carpet, taped entire nose but four 1"X1" holes for all radiator and intercooler, tape the base of windshield to hood and all front clip and hatch seems.
    7th run: 152***** Hugged the timing slip lady - what a sweetheart
    8th run: - 149.827 FAWK!!!!! Hit with huge side wind and rough track at 2mile. Car all over the place..... Scrubbed off a ton of speed trying to keep it pointed the right way. Missed it by less than 0.2 MPH - mega bummed. Packed up for the day hoping the cool morning air will make the difference.
    All of a sudden the winds shift and we now have a nice tail wind and under 10 minutes before staging lanes close. Scampered to staging lanes just in time to get into gear.
    9th run: - 154.601 at 2.25 mile (156.99580 at 3mile)
    Tail wind, but also side wind. Car went all over at the 2mile - screw it - let it go wherever it wanted as long as it did not slow down! A test of courage and sheer will. Ran it out the back door as I knew this one was fast enough and would be last run for freckles. :) At timing shack I bail out of the car as fast as I can pulling hood tape to rescue the borderline overheating engine. One official runs over to lend a hand and we got it untaped and cooled down before any damage.

Made many new friends and received lots of encouragement and support. Even had a few real fans. How fun to be part of such an event.

My hats off to janglehead and CC. I know what a handful freckles was......... can only imagine that X 10 for the sperm of Godzilla.

Few pics for everyone's amusement.
    The one of janglehead is him getting his ass kicked by freckles :D He's lying if he tells you any different!

Attached Files:

8. tomcat46

tomcat46

9. jangleguy

jangleguy

I'd like to officially apologize to my fellow HAMBers. My young nephew is obviously his fathers son - raised in an environment of tall tales and "truth enhancement", he can't help it...Yes, he clearly kicked our asses on the long course and for that, we're all very proud of him (as I said earlier in this post). However, his sad state of denial concerning our unofficial drag race results (which are documented in the accompanying photos) is an embarrassment to myself and many other family members. The facts are: We posed both cars for this "mock up" street race shot, with the Morris clearly parked at LEAST an inch ahead of Freckles, where it stayed throughout the photo shoot. There were several witnesses to this "race", including Tomcat, who is known here as "impartial" and therefore uniquely qualified to make the final call. How 'bout it, Tomcat? You saw the whole thing, from start to finish. I would call in our star witness, Valerie (one of CCs many groupies), but she's so biased, her testimony would be meaningless in this forum. Guess it's up to you, Tomcat............what REALLY happened out there?????????????????????

10. tomcat46

tomcat46

If you really have to drag me into this....impartial is code for "still waiting for the best bribe":rolleyes:

But for now, it's clear in exhibit "A" submitted by 2bridges himself
    [​IMG]

that he has covered the porsche emblem in shame:eek: .

11. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

So it was all worth it in the end.
    Good one guys!!
    Love the pics BTW and the Morris looks Baaaaad Ass J
    Congrats to all

12. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

BTW did no one take any vids??

13. jangleguy

jangleguy

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The jury is in and has found 2bridges to be a liar, a leaker and found him to be guilty of tampering with evidence, to boot! Lil Zilla remains the undefeated champion of illegal speed contests!
    (Pssst! Tomcat, your extra Gosson Bros shirts are in the mail. Thanks, pal)

14. jangleguy

jangleguy

Actually, CC shot a little video. Don't know if he's even had a chance to see it yet. We had plans to mount the video cam in the car, but forgot about it, in our excitement. CC says he'll be in touch in the next day or so - I'll try to post any amusing video...

Today is my last day of vacation for another year. Think I'll spend it under the Morris, swapping 3rd members and trying to figure out the transbrake wiring. Just might be ready for this weekends drags - although it looks like we could get some rain.....

15. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hey 2bridges - how fast was that silver porch in your class?
    Just wonderin', that's all.....

16. Missouri Minor

Missouri Minor

Congratulations guys...that must have really been a trip!!! Thanks for all the updates and pics...Scotty..."lil zilla" looked BAD ASS on the flats,great pics.Glad you didn't give up!!Can't wait to get my Morris on the road.

Frank

17. 2bridges

2bridges
    from NE

BAWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Killin me here. Oh damn - my eyes are leaking from laughing so hard.
    Silver car (88 944 TurboS) went a best of 158. In fact that car went 154 driven by a rookie who had never driven the car or been on salt. Every run down the track was over 150. TurboS cars have a larger turbo and that seemed to make all the difference. I think 3 drivers made 150 club in that car. Only 1 run was faster than freckles fastest however. GossonBros gets bonus points for making it happen with a smaller turbo and sheer determination!

Also a pleasure to meet you tomcat46, and your son too. What a way to meet and have some fun.

18. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks Frank. I'm also glad I didn't give up - and glad to say, it was all worth it...
    I'm confident that you'll have your Morris going soon - 'cause if I can do it, anyone can. Build yours for skinnier tires and you'll be a lot faster than me on the salt...I hope you have as much fun as I've been having!

19. jangleguy

jangleguy

That's so cool that 3 guys got in the Club with that car! 5 guys made it in the 150 Club with the beater '78 Buick Skylark - I thought they epitomized the 130/150 Club spirit...

You and Freckles get major points in my book for going fast on the cheap, despite my constant ragging on you for having more money than me. You're a true hot rod hero, Jerm - have been, since you were about 13 years old...
    And BTW, great job on reporting your version of the adventure here - where'd you learn to write like that?

Today I swapped 3rd members and am about ready for the strip. If we don't get rained out, I'll report the results here, then shoot this poor old thread in the head and put it out of its misery.
    Meanwhile, I want to thank you all one more time for your support - you've taught me what it means to be a part of this community. I'll try to live up to your example. I'm forever grateful that we all crossed paths here...
    Scotty

20. I'm still smiling about the entire week...most fun I've had with my clothes on..'cept maybe the HAMB drags and I didn't have all my clothes on then.
    Party on...

21. jangleguy

jangleguy

Yeah, I know. I think 2bridges said it best - his gums got sunburned from sporting a permasmile all week. Mine just won't go away...

22. awesome indeed, great storys, great photos, thanks for taking us there

23. Congrats to all involved with Gosson Bros Racing! I got my support T-shirt. I thought I'd be stylin' at the Drags with it. Couldn't make it (bad back/ambulance/etc...). I will sport the logo around these parts with pride. You guys done good!
    Bil

24. It's great to hear you all did well! I haven't been following the thread for awhile, I got alot going on at home.

FWIW, I'll be wearing my shirt when I fly to Knoxville tomorrow, for luck. ;)

Congrats, all y'all.

Jay

25. jangleguy

jangleguy

Tim, thanks again for sponsoring this madness! You're a ruler! Hey kids - buy this guys coatings!!!
    And thanks for coming along with us...

26. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hey Bill - I'm swelling up with pride, thinking about Zilla shirts clear out in New York (sounds so exotic!). Were the ambulance guys impressed with the shirt? Sorry to hear about that - hope you're healing up okay...The manufacturer claims these shirts have thereputical powers - something about natural cotton fibers mixing with exhaust fumes to release good spirits instilled by Chief Pontiac hisself...

27. jangleguy

jangleguy

Gosson Bros shirts on an airplane? For LUCK?! Uh, I dunno if that's such a good idea, man...unless you use it for a parachute, maybe...at least you'll be stylin' - in Knoxville, no less!!! Cool........................................................

28. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Scotty--Thanks to you and Chris I have blurred vision...to do what you did and get the result you got....I`m really proud of you both. Real Hot Rodding, by Real Hot Rodders....Isn`t what this `board is supposed to be about? Congrats to all......and to all a Good Night....

29. 2bridges

2bridges
    from NE

Hey jangleguy - don't leave us hanging on the gear swap and drag results with the new engine :) really want to know

30. jangleguy

jangleguy

Okay. Just have to swap u-joints and re-install driveshaft today and I'm about ready to rumble. I'm expecting an improvement over the current Lil Zilla record of 10.32@127 - IF it'll hook. The new Custom Metal/GBR anti-rollbar should help, but from what we saw at B-ville, this 377 is making some power (like 140 MPH at half throttle). Wish us luck...