Register now to get rid of these ads!

removing exhaust soot from paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullington, May 31, 2007.

1. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Is there a product or snake oil that will remove exhaust soot from paint? I have a ton on the sides of my ride and would like to clean it up a bit for the summer.

-bull

2. john56h

john56h

I use Comet soft scrub kitchen cleanser on my race car.

3. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thanks! I will use that next time. I used an all purpose cleaner and let it soak in for 2 minutes. Took some elbow grease.

4. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Why would you wanna do that?!!

5. Castrol Super clean. You'll be surprised how good this stuff is.

6. sololobo

sololobo

Man your going to kill the patina!!-Sololobo

7. LTH

LTH
    from USVI

Bull,

I stumbled onto your post by accident but I believe I have a real solution for you.

By trade, I'm a professional boat detailer down in the good ole US Virgin Islands. We have one of the worlds best known fishing grounds which attracts anglers from all over... and they bring thier big boats to fish the tournaments.

One problem all these diesel powered boats have in common is removal of exhaust soot from the transom. It's very hard to get off.

This is not a commercial but a sincere offer that will help you keep your vehicle looking great. One of the products I use consistently is Island Girl SeaGlow. Unfortunately, you cannot purchase it in any store, but you can order online. Try www.boatdetailing.info.

You just wipe it on with a towel and rub lightly (no scratching like from Coment and Softscrub) then just rinse with water. Takes about 30 seconds.

You can also call me 340-998-4715 if you have any other questions.

LTH