Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Thank yous !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Choptop

Choptop

Its in the books and it was the biggest and best yet.

This may be a bit rambling... as I am working on about 2 hours sleep last night and a 15 hour work day today, but here it goes....

first off, thank you to ALL that showed up. Ya'll make the show, all I do is throw open the doors and turn on the lights.

1000+ cars. I dont know the EXACT number as we only printed 1000 window cards, and those are ALL gone and still more cars registered at the gate. The quality of cars was absolutely STUNNING. I'll have an awards winners list out soon, with some pics.

Thank you to the Swanx who worked their butts off to make sure things went as well as they did. Couldnt ask for a better host club.

Thanks to the bands, Rev-Tones, Meshugga Beach party and The Demonics.

Thanks to my wife, family and friends who staffed the Billetproof merchandise booth and busted ass all day.

Last but not least, thanks to Kirk for giving me a chance to run his baby. Hopefully I did it justice.

There are a few things I need to work on, they have been noted, and I'll get them changed for next year.

The spectator gate was CRAZY. I'm sorry for the long lines, and the lack of signage in the parking lot. Next year we will have 3 ticket gates to break up the lines, a ticket gate at the FRONT gate where the cars some in and every thing clearly marked. We had to turn some people around for a LONG walk to get in, and for that I am VERY sorry. Wont happen again. Chalk that up to a rookie promoter learning the needs of a venue.

now its off for a very needed shower and then face down in my pillow for a week. :D

2. brainfrz

brainfrz

Thanks for another great year. Got to see some awesome cars and meet some great people. Thanks for keeping the show going. Thanks to all the clubs who helpped out, SWANX!! Thanks to Alex and the Gambino Customs / Road Zombies group for a nice lunch at the bbq. My Packard made it there and back to SJ without a hiccup. Thanks again!
    Jon

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hats off to ya and your crew an awesome show.

4. Thanks for the use of the tools Jon, never got to see you after to thank you....Ginger was most appreciative of the assistance. See ya soon.

5. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Same as above, Hats of to you Alan!

Did a great job, sorry about us not being able to present the best wagon award, we had somethign come up with one of our members broke down on the side of the road, and we had to get him help!

Thanks for everything! It was a blast!

6. Muttley

Muttley

Another great Billetproof. Saw a bunch of cool rides, met a few more HAMB'ers including the Grand Poobah. I guess someday I'll have to actually bring a car to the show.

7. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

I'm amazed you posted before falling on your face seeing how much you were running around. I decided to 'take a nap' when we got home & settled in around 6:30... woke up at 5 this morning. :D

Great show! Had a good time at the panel jam, got to meet more of the folks from here... even talked with the head honcho for a few minutes. Even managed to slip away and look at the cars. I am still amazed over 1000 fit! :eek:

8. Choptop

Choptop

Thank you Sean and Kerri for putting on the model car show and the panel jam. Great work all around. The lines on the trophies ruled.

9. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

This show was amazing! I think it was the biggest show yet there in Antioch! Congratulations! It's nice to see someone succeed when sticking their neck out putting a show on!
    We had a great time walking around looking at all the great cars and everyones versions of what they dig. I brought the kids out and they dug it. The booths were great. I bought a few interesting things I hadn't already had. Loved the "feel" of the show with family, dogs, beers! :)

Frankie brought the 52 Cadillac and hit something driving onto the lawn and felt he had to go make repairs immediately.

10. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

GREAT show yesterday amigo. went off without a hitch for sure. looking forward to next year hands down!
    -max/dragoons cc

11. DelinquentDoll13

DelinquentDoll13

The show was so awesome! I had my doubts, but It couldn't have gone smoother... Looking forward to next year....

Josie
    Charlotte's Web

12. sledish

sledish

Alan, you and your family did a fantastic job, We could see you were going a hundred miles an hour all day. Great job see you next year!

13. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

kool show.....had a blast....to bad i got a flat as I went thru the gate....didn't stop me /us( had Juan from "Deadend Mag. with me)from having a good time.....fixed it got home safe....thanks for asking....looking foward to next year.....

14. Great job guys the show ROCKED

15. NV rodr

NV rodr
    from Reno, NV

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

Best Of Show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Couldn't have gone to a better car, I stared at this for about an hour, I kept walking back over to it!

Beautiful vehicle!!

18. Congratulations to Steve and Josh from Amocat Speed....

19. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

you did a great job!me and the family had a great time,and yes i too stared forever at this car in amazement,it hands down deserves the honor!!see ya next year!

20. dehudso

dehudso

Alan, Thanks for the show poster and timing tag. I sure appreciate it.

Here are the pics I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Townsend

Townsend

I think it was a great and I had a blast. Great first effort.

Here is my feedback:

1. More portapotties. Bathroom lines were killer.
    2. More food vendors. I starved.
    3. Turn the filter back on. Overall quality was pretty good, but I saw more than a couple of cars(some with billet on them even) that would not have made it in previous years.

22. Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Kirk was right the show is in excellent hands. You did a great job. Had a blast as always. Thanks!

23. Choptop

Choptop

Most of the problems I saw stemmed from the unexpected growth of this years show, your #'s 1 and 2. there were a few others that have been noted (long lines at the ticket booth, no atm's, better signage).

The filter has never been turned off.

Every year some cars that shouldnt be there do sneak through. Part of that is a function of the sheer numbers. With soooo many cars to get through the gates, its hard for the gate staff to do a complete "style check" before letting them in. Some that are told that cant come in do so anyway, and I'm not about to ask the Swanx to lay down in front of a car to stop it. Once someone blows past the gate, its really too late. And yes, this DOES happen. Work the gate and you'll see. There are ways to solve this though and we are working on them.

I'll have more staff at the gate next year. This was completely my fault as I dropped the ball on job assignments. Also, stronger/stricter rules will be in place next year (no trashy, bolted on, slapped together everything out of a catalog type of cars). if this cuts down on the number of cars through the gate? So be it.

I need to be more mobile at the show.
    I had a scooter lined up so I could get from one end of the show to another quickly to put out fires and the person didnt bring it. After that, I tried to rent/buy a mini-bike or bicycle from anyone at the show but it was a no-go. Solano County Choppers, with the Whizzer powered scooters, had sold out earlier or I would have bought one fo those to ride. Will be fixed next year with my fleet of scooters for staff.

I heard there was someone rolling around in a tricked out golf cart. I couldnt find the guy to tell him to get that fucking thing OUT of the show. I made a choice to pursue bigger problems, like the LONG line at the spectator entrance. Next year it will be in all of the print that such things have no place at Billetproof and any that are brought in will be chopped up for parts. The only people that should be riding any sort of vehicle during the show are staff and the handicapped. If you are neither and are riding around, we aint going to hire you, but we may handicap you and send you on your way. :D

24. skooch

skooch

Great show.
    Need more xl shirts, went to the booth at 10:00 and 3 styles of xl shirts
    were sold out.

25. Choptop

Choptop

We had more shirts on hand than last year and still sold out. Good and bad :D. Another problem of the popularity of the show. Will have MANY more on hand next year, trust me.

I'm re-ordering stock this week, so check on the web site (http://www.billetproof.com) you can order there. Free shipping !!!

26. skooch

skooch

Thanx, I'll do that.

27. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Great show. Well worth the trip. I will be back. In hind-sight, all the other Billetproffs I missed in the past due to health, distance, or whater was totally my loss.

Alan, the show is in very good hands. Wish you all the success with your new venture.

28. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Great show, we all know you worked hard for this show, and will work just as hard next year. The mix was great, saw high dollar to the low end, but that is what makes billetproof good. This was my son,s maiden voyage in his first ground up build, and me as a father got to follow behind and see his face at every stop when people would come up and look at his rod was priceless. Thanx for a great time and a very well put together show.

29. Awesome show Choptop you did just fine. I had a great time and can't wait to be back next year.
    Thanks to the Swanx
    F.O.R.D

30. Diablo Artwerks

Diablo Artwerks
    from Bako

Had a blast, as I always do at Billetproof. Wow, 1000 cars maybe shoulda been 800, know what I mean. Yeah, the golf cart guy was cruisin his family around and blastin "Lowrider". What an ass. Bakersfield and back without a hitch, we'll be back next year. Thanks for doing a good job first time out.