Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's bagged a mid-50's Ford? Opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grumpy, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I'm not too interested in changing the frontend. So I'd maybe upgrade the brakes, and just add airbags.

What's the typical way to bag one of these?

I already have a York comp., 4-slam specialties bags, 8 parker valves, 3 gauges, 4 switches, 8-port tank.
    Don't know if the bags will work, but the rest will.

Thanks for the help...BTW, anyone with pics of bagged 55-56 wagons.

2. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Do you know the size of your bags? That will determin if they will fit. generally a 2500# bag is the biggest for a front bag. Also Jamco would be the ones that would have the front end parts for brakes and spindle swap(if needed) but I think they are closed for the time being.

3. JamesG

JamesG

Not bagged, but shonuff puurdee........lol.....

[​IMG]

hrm2k likes this.
  4. beatnik

beatnik

I don't know but I'm listening as I just picked up a 1955 2-door wagon a couple weeks ago.

The only thing I've seen is a 2 in drop spindle and disc brake kit from Drop N Stop for the front.

The front suspension looks like it could take a bag system but the rear suspension is leaf spring, so it would take some work.

Gus

5. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I think fatman sells drop spindles for $505. pr.:eek:

Just wondered if anyone had done one and what they did.

6. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

BTTT because I'm still deciding what direction I'm going:cool:

:D

7. lucky 7

lucky 7

I have a 2dr 57' wagon with bags..I used fatmans spindles in the front w/fire stone bags.1/2 line w/ a viaire 450 compressor.. The rear is leaf w/airride technology bags.These bags were a pain to keep away from the fuel tank on the lh side.10 gallon air tank,that 1 compressor works overtime to fill..(2 compressors are in the future)Only 2 leaf springs remain,and a 4 link or something similiar will also be in the near future.The shock mounts in front have to be mounted inboard on the top mount.I can give you some pics tomorrow if you like..Good luck,John..

8. Danger_Jake

Danger_Jake

Anybody get any futher with this? my 55 has the aerostar springs up font and looks alright, the rear however is sitting on enourmous lowering blocks, l like how it looks but i have maybe 3 inches of travel before i hit the bumpstops so i'd really like to bag the rear (at least for now) i'd imagine that a two link w/a panhard bar wouldnt be too difficult, anybody done it?