Register now to get rid of these ads!

NOT a "rat rod"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Freaks Rod Shop, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Hey guys,
    I'm new to the forum. I got a shop located in Valdese, NC. We specialize in hot rods, traditional, gassers, kustoms, sheet metal, hammer welding, NOS parts dating back to 1912. Figured I would post up a picture of one of our shop vehicles. Anyways... its a 1965 Econoline-truck gasser. Its got a 400 Poncho, high compression, cam, intake headers, 800 holly double pumper, noisey drive gear blah blah blah anyways on to the pictures the truck has been to two pinks all outs enjoy the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

will ad more pics when i go by the shop

we have lots of parts and can get ahold of hard to get parts or have parts custom made... if you need ideas, parts or just want to talk about hot rods you can call us

Speed Freaks Rod Shop
    828-879-8882

you can ask for Jason or Patrick

2. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Welcome to the board. Great looking Econoline!

3. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

We Need A Wheel Stand Picture Before We can
    "accept You" :D:D:D:D:D:D

4. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Very neat! Welcome to the HAMB!

5. BigThree

BigThree

Wow thats a cool ride! What else you got hanging around the shop??

6. i forgot to mention that the shop was built in 1939 as the repair shop for the town and has alot of history.. the parts store was added in the 50's and we bought everything at the 1st of the year and have been going strong since

been going thru all the old parts and there is alot of hard to get stuff and some cool old thrush mufflers and shocks.. there is also alot of after market exhaust.. lots of new old car rebuild parts there is lots and lots of stuff it would take me 2 day to type every thing we have.. all the old stuff you didint think you can find we got lol

cheers Patrick
    Speed Freaks Rod Shop
    828-879-8882

7. 1931 Ford model A Sedan
    1934 Ford 3 window
    1954 Hudson Wasp
    1955 Chevy 2 door wagon
    1961 Ford f-250
    1963 Mercedes Unimog
    1963 Olds cutless F-85
    1965 Ford Falcon wagon
    1965 Ford Econoline gasser truck "freak show"
    1967 Jeep M-715 tr sold today

this is just a few of the cars we have we also have about 8 model a cowls and lots of model a old sheet metal :)

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Cool man....hey Muttley check it out!!!

9. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

,,do you know the guy with the airplane car?

10. sorry i do not know what your talking about? where is the car located?

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

He means the Piper Cub wantabe Roth rod from Florida.

12. im in north carolina... never heard of it

13. kwiksilver

kwiksilver

Flamedabone will be glad you are here with that Poncho stuff!!

14. Well that truck is just plain good old bad ass!!! Welcome aboard and we need to see some pics with the front wheels off the ground!!! Love the red plex windows too....

15. its still glass, tinted red
    thanks

I think as for the truck, i believe we are going to put a 6-71 on it and call it fun :). The motor is still in the stock location so we are going to build a 1" plexy doghouse and cut a hole in the back of the cab for the breather hat to come out

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You got a steel body for a '23 T? If so, post pics. I'm looking.

17. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

not really into gassers but I do like econolines. Do you have any other examples of your work?

18. Hmmmmmmmmm, thinly veiled spam? I hope you are legit, cool truck.

19. starion88esir

starion88esir

Hopefully not spam, but instead another Alliance vendor. How far are you from Concord? Pending seeing more of your work, I need floor boards and some custom metal work on my 64 Valiant.

20. i actually sent ryan a request to be a vendor. he's on the road so we are gonna work on it when he gets back home. spam no. i figured i would do an intro. I dont think we got any T stuff right now but ill look around and get back atcha. Starion you can call us monday sometime see if we can work something out

21. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

What kind of numbers did you get from the truck? No offence but I don't see a whole lot of rear suspension there, IE ladders floaters,etc. After having a V8 Econo Pick up, I know how hard it is to get em too hook up.

Good luck with the shop
    BTW where in NC are you?

Dave

22. we ran low 13s with a bad fuel pressure regulator. With a horrible 60' time. Fuel pressure wouldn't ever get stable it was spiking 12 lbs and truck just bogged down. The truck has adjustable traction bars mounted to the bottom of the wheelie bars to help keep axle wrap to a minimum. We are out of the shop till Monday. but we will keep checkin on here this weekend. Update with new pictures of the shop and some of the old tin layin around on Monday maybe today? Depends on when I get back from the rod run.

23. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

welcome to the HAMB ......... cool freak`en econoline you got there.

24. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Welcome to the HAMB, where it's always HAMBERTIME! I like your Econoline! The fact that it's Poncho-powered is nice too! Good Luck in your future endeavors!

25. Gigantor

Gigantor

Dang - now I really miss MY 65 Econoline ... I had a lot of good times in the back of that van.
    You mentioned something about a parts shop built in the 50's that you acquired ... I don't s'pose you have any Hudson 308 parts laying around do ya? (Pistons, valves, fuel pump, distributor ...)
    Welcome to the HAMB.

26. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

that truck was on ebay hey?

27. luckystiff

luckystiff

he's probabaly around 60-70 miles or about an hour and a half from you.

and yeah lets see some more work. i haven't seen anything come outta this area sectioned and very few chops so i'd like to see where it's hiding...

oh yeah got any mopar flat 6 stuff?...ken....

28. we put it on the week after last years fall rod run, it didnt sell so we decided to do some motor work and keep it for advertisment purpuses. ex. pinks all out, car shows etc...

29. VonDad

VonDad

I LIKE IT!

Welcome to the HAMB.. We need all the guys we can get here..

VonDad

30. GoDuke4382

GoDuke4382
    from Durham, NC

Hey from Durham, NC. Where (in NC) do you race the truck at?

The red tint is what makes that look so good.. nice work!