Register now to get rid of these ads!

Congrats to Littleman!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59BuickWagon, Sep 13, 2007.

1. damnfingers

damnfingers

One more congratulations to you, Dave. They definitely picked the right person.

Now tell us the true skinny about the show!

2. leadsled01

leadsled01

Congrats Dave, hey this means your cool GARAGE and house is for sale. Hhhhmmmm!!!???

3. Rusty

Rusty

Yeah, they never showed him calling him family to see if they wer in aggreance. Hopefully he will chime in and let us know it is reality TV or if the dream really came true. Either way the show ended the way it needed to with the best fabricator, builder, winning the show and the job. Very cool show, COngrats Dave

Rusty

4. cavera

cavera

Congrats ,Dave..!!!!
    I dont get the show here,in Brazil,...but I saw you at the Mad Fabricators DVD!!!
    Awesome cars!!!!!

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Dave,
    I guess it takes an east coast guy to show the boys how to do it.
    I 'd like to congratulate you too.
    Great move for you and your family.
    Us Ohioians haven't lost another hotrodder....The world has gained a creative and talented individual.
    Rick

6. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

Dave, I haven't watched the last episode yet, but from this post I gather that you got the job! Outstanding. I wish you and your family the best. The adventure is only beginning. All of us hope that this is a dream come true for you. You have the talent and experience that many wish for. Put it to good use and make us proud. I hope your family is a stoked as everyone else is about this.
    Gonna miss seeing you at the swap meets and Choppers show.

Good luck and don't forget sun screen!

7. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I called it first.

You all owe me 5 bucks.

;)

8. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

ATTABOY Dave.

Doc.

9. MBTex

MBTex

Congratulations Dave!! Best of Luck.

10. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

congrats dave wishing you the best of luck

11. Scott

Scott

Congradulations Dave

12. Plowboy

Plowboy

Congrats Davey!

No doubt they built some damn nice stuff out there at So Cal but unfortunately I think in a world of deadlines and production that job will have the same numbing effect on your brain as ritalin does on the creativity and drive of kids today. If you go, soak up all the business knowledge you can and move back to Ohio. Wild Tigers should not be caged! Ha Ha Ha I wish one of the other 2 would have got it because I would rather see Dave do his own thing, but it will be a great opportunity to learn.

Davey, my friend, In a world of 2's and 10's, in the immortal words of Nigel Tufnel, you go to 11!

Congrats and Good Luck!

13. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

Kool deal Dave....Congrats !!!! ....so when do we get a chance to by "Littleman" t-shirts and "immagination going ammuck" posters....enquireing minds whant to know????

14. Congratulations Dave.

Does this mean Death's Doorstep will be getting a red & white scallop job?

Let's hope not. :p

JH

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I believe this is the main sentence you are referring to??

"Yes quiting my job of 15 yrs. really sucked but I do not regret it. I can now grow old and never look back wondering why I never gave it a shot and passed on it"

I believe Dave was referring to passing on the opportunity to experience the show.

PlowBoy....VERY well said, I'm impressed.

16. frisco

frisco
    from Canton, NC

Congratulations to you Dave!!!

I wish you and your family all the best in California!!!

Just think...no more snow and ice covered roads.

17. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

18. Louie S.

Louie S.

Congrats man I was hoping they would do the right thing!!:cool:

19. Degreaser

Degreaser

Right on bro. I'm stoked for ya.

20. Firecracker

Firecracker

Finally a reailty show where the best man got the job!

21. AHotRod

AHotRod

22. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

Way to go Dave! Congrats!

23. lesabre59

lesabre59

Congrats, well deserved!

24. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Dave, You RULE ! It was a very good episode and they got to pick the right guy ! Good luck in your job at SoCal ! Hope to get to meet you in person soon.

41 Dave

25. SeeDanDelivery

SeeDanDelivery
    from Boston

I'll second all the comments about Dave being a great guy. In April I was on a tour of Route 66 with my dad and uncle, and we stopped by SoCal one day. We ran into Dave out back working on that 57 gasser. He was the nicest guy I met on the whole trip, and he took the time to talk to us for a bit about what he was doing there.

I hope you can make it happen with the family and all. I can relate, with a wife and daughter and career decisions that can be really tough.

Go for it, man!

-SeeDan

26. LilDuec

LilDuec

Congrats Littleman!!! Love your car too man, VERY nice work and lots of cool ideas!!

27. roadracer

roadracer

Fingers crossed that the dream really is true. Gotta be pricey moving to socal though; i'd love to live there, but those house prices man...

can't wait til littleman chimes in, he's gotta know thats all we're talking about today..

28. raceratrod

raceratrod

Congrads!! You may take some polish off the shine.

29. brainfrz

brainfrz

Even though I dont know you personally, only your work here and on the show....Congrats is in order!!! You were a key player and you can see Jimmy enjoyed working with you. I do wish they spent a whole lot more time showing building and less recap. We all watched most of the shows, we know what happened. Show us the fab work! Ok my 2-cents are out.
    I can See Plowboy and HRLC's thoughts on the matter, but I think the learning experience will out weight anything else. Ohio isn't going anywhere. the Friends and family will still be there. But the opportunity to learn and be apart of an institution is very huge. Lots of important hot rod legends come through the So-Cal door. Soak it all in. Just look at Dave's reaction when he met Wally Parks! Priceless, smile from ear to ear. It will be tough for the wife to adjust to California, especially so-cal, but nothing is forever. There will come a time when we all can meet up at Death's Door Step hot Rod shop for a little bench racing.

Congrats again. Come on up to some Nor-Cal events!
    Jon

30. Congrats Dave, I got nothing done in the garage last night because I wanted to make certain I didn't miss the show. I was ecstatic to see he offered you the job and chalked up you telling me you didn't get it to being loyal to the show/shop and being an upstanding person. You are the man and I hope all our good wishes are soaking in.
    Take care, Chip.