Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 Ford and Jamco Steering???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ooloi49, Sep 9, 2007.

1. I just installed Jamco lowered spindles & steering. I have very little steering.. it is right next to the oil pan and hits it when I turn the wheels. I am running a flathead with it. Anyone have this problem? or suggestions?

2. Crease

Crease

I have had similar issues, but not on a shoebox. I'll just throw this out to get the ball rolling for you. Can you get a pan with the sump on the other side? Would that give yoy more room?

3. Brickster

Brickster

the drop spindles and steering arms don' t change the height of the center link. Are you sure this isn't another problem?

Brick

4. That's what I thought... but the new center link has the inner tie rods right against the oil pan vs. the old steering is a straight bar clearing the oil pan and then the tie rods at the end.

5. toledobill

toledobill

One suggestion (and it's free) -- ask that question on the forum at www.shoeboxford.com . Plenty of experience with Jamco, Fatman, and everything else you can do to lower a Shoebox.

6. bigtoepromo

bigtoepromo

i am Tony Genty, may dad owned Jamco, if you give me a number i will conact you, and try to assist you. I am not sure if you know, but my dad passed away last month, so i am doing everyting i can to help his customers.