Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frog Follies accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Haywood, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

I don't know the story on this one and I apologize if it's already been posted. Rumor has it the guy in the Hudson pulled out of the motel Saturday morning directly in the path of an oncoming A model sedan. I hope no one was seriously injured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 4 2 GO

4 2 GO

Any pictures of the Model A?

3. mortecai

mortecai

Boy that will make a grown man cry. What a shame. I
    hope no one was hurt very badly in this one. looks like the driver got somewhat of a jolt.

4. Retro61

Retro61

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I was at the Follies, and from what i heard at the event, it wasn't a Model A, but some sort of Mopar. And one of the two drivers was hauled off in an Ambulance. But, i can't say this is a fact! It's what i was told by a Hot Rodder that came along not long after the accident
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

5. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

i hope it wasn't a model A that did that damage!
    There wouldn't be much of the A left.
    TP

6. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

That would have to be one hella stout A to do that kind of damage to a Hudson.

7. I cringe seeing pics like that. Let's be careful out there. I'd hate to meet another rodder this way.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'd hate to have to harm another rodder cuz he pulled out in front of me.:mad:

About 10 years ago, it was the first nice day of April and I took the cover off my Vette and went for a drive. I stopped at a red light. The S-10 behind me didn't and rear-ended me. I threw my Vette into park and jumped out "charging" the S-10. The driver got this panic-ed look on his face and immediantly rolled up his window and locked his door before I got to it. He wouldn't come out until the police arrived. Smart move for the guy cuz I probably would have torn him to shreads. There was THOUSANDS of dollars worth of damage to my Vette cuz some asshole wasn't paying attention.:(

It's hard for me to imagine any HAMB member attending the Frog Follies over the HAMB Drags???:confused:

9. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

That's what I was thinking, but the people working at the motel we were staying at told us that's what happened. The owner of the model A was staying there and we did see him bandaged up pretty good that morning. He had a really bad cut across his nose. I never saw his car so i'm just going by what we were told.

10. k9racer

k9racer

I just noticed the S10 wheels.. I wonder if the orignal frame was in place would the damage been as bad.

11. Retro61

Retro61

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Cut me some slack denise, not everybody can attend the drags! My daughter "was" expecting our first Grandchild anytime, and i really didn't want to go to far!Oh, and by the way, Bayley Suzette was born wednesday morning!
    Look for a new Hot Rod chick down the road!!!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

12. 50chevydan

50chevydan
    from Fenton,MO

When a side hit is that high the frame doesn't take as much of the impact as you would think. Unfortanatly the doors take most of it, that impact is probably at a lower speed than you would think. The frame would make more of a difference on lower side hit, front or rear hit. What sucks is the driver is probably hurting pretty bad because as all older vehicles this one was not designed to absorb the impact of a collision and it does not look like it has safety glass.

13. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

14. egg man

egg man
    from IN.

The rail road tracks going in to the frog follie were fix this week ,No pictures of my coe ford in your album

15. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

That stinks and... interesting comment about getting popped from behind in the Vette. I took out our 69 427 Roadster one night for a drive and got hammered from behind so hard it blew the radiator out of it at a stop light. Funny thing was, we were both stopped for a period of time and then the lady behind me thought it was time to hammer it for no apparent reason. Hopefully no one was hurt in this particular incident and the guilty party had good insurance...

16. Good luck finding parts to fix that thing! That sucks!

17. scarylarry

scarylarry

Hey, running into the back of another car can happen to the BEST of us! :)
    I'm not going to mention any names but someone named Bob "blank" can tell you about it :) :)

18. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I saw it already wrecked early Saturday morning (7:30-ish).

It was sitting in a parking lot on the right hand side of the road (not on a trailer).

I was having a hard time figuring out how the drivers side door got crunched without somebody running a light (it wasn't real close to a light).

19. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

Wow, Im a little shocked. I thought you would offer him one of your cookies;)

20. 70cst1

70cst1
    from Glasgow KY

I saw that car in the parking lot early sat morning.didnt know the story behind it though.thats a bad way to start your weekend.hope nobody was hurt.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I would have shoved one of my cookies up his ass if I would have had the chance.:D

22. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

LOL!,,,Denise,,as much of a sweet heart as you are..i can almost picture that! hahahhaa:D

23. Cruiser

Cruiser

Haywood,

Wow, that hurts hope everyone is OK..............

Cruiser :cool:

24. 37terraplane@2

37terraplane@2
    from Salem.In

Guy I know here in our town got the goose treatment a few yrs back, Ole Jim reached up and pulled er down into RESERVE and returned the favor !!

25. Big Dad

Big Dad

Well, the other day here .. (People drive like A-holes here !!)

I was stopped at a 4-way stop ..I'm in my new daily driver

And I hear all the screaching and sliding ..Look up, into my mirror
    and smash !!!

I get out, start walking back ..Mad of course, and the give gets out
    and you wil never guess ..

He was a DWARF !! He was swearing bitching

And he said .. "I'M NOT HAPPY !

So, in my smart ass voice I said, oh yeah .. Well, which on are you then ??

(j/k :D )

26. hahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

27. Denise,i've been hit 13 times now,but the first one was so hard that i ended up in the r/rear seat (88 Cutass Pacecar),my seatbelt was still done up!The driver of the Pathfinder 4x4 had a .34 blood alcohol reading.Accident closed major commuter route for 5 Hours of a Friday evening.Nothing like laying in the ambulance and you are the traffic report.:eek:Sure hope knowone was badly hurt in that Hudson or the car that hit them.